Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Poster

So after a terribly frustrating tuna run yesterday, I realized that as far as I know there isn't a list of kiters for the GR. I know a few but I'm sure there are many. Since kiting is so crucial w/blood bats and I've yet to see a blood bat free run through the GR, I thought it might be helpful if there were some sort of list of potential kiters almost like a DMS yellow pages.

There of course could be other lists like YM heal tank, GR backup healer etc. If something like this already exists please point me in the right direction. If not and you want to let people know what role you play and potentially be recrewted for the part, feel free to post.

Some helpful info to post might be:
~Your Preferred Role: Kiter, Heal Tank, Backup Healer etc.
~Which Area of DMS: YM, GR etc
~Preferred Rings: either your entire set or simply which buffs, debuffs or ccs you prefer
~Your CL: since that can vary depending on what rings you carry you can give a range or what your cl is with your preferred rings
~Experience: we all gotta start somewhere and there may be people who would like to practice their role as well as those who have perfected it.
~Availability: not everyone has specific times they are on but there are some of us who only play on weekends or after work for example (remember to specify time zone since users are worldwide)
~Preferred Method of Contact: PM, meebo, whisper, profile comment or even quoted in this thread
~Requirements: this can be the crews minimum cl, how many rooms into the GR, having the YM cleared w/a map, being attuned, having another spot for your usual backup support, or anything else that you must have before you consider joining a crew.

I know there are already recrewting threads out there but I was hoping for more of a special services listing. Hopefully this will help us all find each other a little easier.

Perfect Bloodsucker

17,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Threadmaster 200
--Preferred Role: Attacker, GR tank
--Preferred Area: GRs/Kamila
--Preferred Rings:
-Attacker set: bandage, hack, mantis, (slot for CC/debuff- tape is preferred), buff, buff (pot lid, teflon, my density are cl 12, most of the others are cl 11), fortune's favor
-tanker set for GRs: bandage, diagnose, meat, integrity, fitness, buff, sugar rush, turtle
--CL: 11.8-12.0
--Experience: Have played DMS since day 1- have tanked GRs multiple times and learned from the very best. GR runs where i am the tank last around 3 hours each time, assuming there is no trouble getting backups in case people leave
--Availability: Weekends are best, weeknights are unlikely to be able to finish an entire run
--Preferred method of contact: meebo, quote
--Requirements:
-If tuna run: preferred to join at start of GRs, or at any point past the yellow rooms
-if attuned-only run: will join when needed- start of GRs is preferred
-if YR farming: preferred that the crew is a high enough level to go at an average speed (run from start to GRs takes 2 hours max)

Desirable Cat

~Your Preferred Role: Heal Tank or Backup healer, but I always aggro like mad...
~Which Area of DMS: YM... DX
~Preferred Rings: I love wish, it's awesome and I rage spam it whenever I can. X3 That and tape. Tape is awesome because I can practically solo an entire room if i have it.
~Your CL: 11.7-12
~Experience: Been playing since the first day it came out. Definitely not an expert, but I'm a very patient leader and willing to teach. Haven't survived GR yet, but mostly because we've never really tried. It always ended at GRs.
~Availability: Eh, it varies... Usually if I'm on, I would be willing to play. Almost always in the evenings though.
~Preferred Method of Contact: Whisper if I'm in game, otherwise PM or quote me.
~Requirements: I'd like it if everyone had all the rings necessary for the area at least. I'm too frustrating to try and switch everyone around because one guy doesn't have any buffs... I'm done doing it. XP
Basic knowledge of the game. It's sad that I've had so many who didn't know what certain rings did, or how to rage... I'm patient to a point, but if I'm constantly having to repeat myself and am yelling at the screen irl out of frustration, it's just too much. XP

Omnipresent Warlord

Your Preferred Role: Heal tank. They're the same thing as kiters as far as I'm concerned.
~Which Area of DMS: Any, really, but I love me some Kam kills.
~Preferred Rings: I'm great with any of em.
~Your CL: I'm a solid 12 no matter the role.
~Experience: I've done every role. I'm a very experienced heal tank. I have 49 Bloodlust kills as of writing this.
~Availability: Mostly late night runs usually.
~Preferred Method of Contact: Pm or meebo usually. quoting gets my attention too.
~Requirements: I'm not sure. It helps if I can assign rings when I join crews because I have a tried and true method for getting through every room in greens in under 3 hours.

Dedicated Warlord

10,250 Points
  • PvP 200
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
~Your Preferred Role: Heal Tank, Uhh I can't live without my Solar and Adrenaline

~Which Area of DMS: YM and GR. I need a tuna crew at the moment

~Preferred Rings: Adrenaline and Divinity.

~Your CL: i think its like 14k. im an 11.6 at most though

~Experience: I've played every role but i so much would rather NOT be the Kiter.... I will damn you all xD
~Availability: Every night after 6pm xD except Monday and Tuesday nights

~Preferred Method of Contact: Whisper. IM... the only ways you will get my attention

~Requirements:
I would prefer 11+ crews if I'm not leading them.
If your a 10,o and need help, I will gladly be of service biggrin ,
I prefer to do as many rooms as possible
It's also a big plus if you let me assign buffs xD I can't bare to let go of my Adren or Divinity, but if I hve to..... lol
I love speed dms-ing
I love teaching DMS newbs smile
I like awesome people. I HATE BOSSY PEOPLE

Liberal Autobiographer

11,450 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Megathread 100
Your Preferred Role: Back Up Healer/Healer/Attacker
Which Area of DMS: YM (GR someday!)
Preferred Rings: Integ. D; Please, I need the extra 3 stamina regen!
Your CL: 11.2-11.6CL
Experience: Kind of played all the roles in DMS, supposedly good at keeping people on track/frantically spamming heals and chat dialogue when everyone's derping. What else is there to say? I've helped a lot of 10CL-ers, aggroed my way through YM's with bandage, and I've done a couple GR's. Not much to say, haha.
Availability: 6PM-11PM PST on weekdays? "Day" hours on weekends.
Preferred Method of Contact: Any, really! Meebo if I'm online, though.
Requirements: rofl People and their high-maintenance. I'm fine with anything.

Unbeatable Fatcat

:: Preferred Role: Heal, Kite, Damage
:: Area of DMS: GR/Kam mostly, but i often farm YM.
:: Preferred Rings: cl12: cat/tape/sand/knife & iron/rock/halo/div/sphere
:: CL: pretty much always 12.
:: Experience: (attuned) Experienced in YM and GRs. Usually dip out before the Kamming occurs due to real life, still..several kills on Kam and 2 on Lust.
:: Availability: EST ; i'm on randomly. mostly always on the weekends/some weekdays.
:: Contact: PM me :] meebo works well also, if we are friends. i'll respond to a quote but would rather not clog up this thread.

Eloquent Lunatic

14,150 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Champion 300
wth is a kiter

Generous Poster

zothaq
wth is a kiter

It's basically a heal tank in the GR. Because there are blood bats it helps to have someone running around making the bats follow them while the rest of the crew quick sands and focuses on one bat at a time. Also the crew needs to heal the kiter and there usually is one person who only worries about healing them rather than attacking.

I don't know if I explained it very well but I hope that helps.

Sparkly Lunatic

14,650 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Fusion Novice 50
~Your Preferred Role: Kiter, Heal Tank, Backup Healer etc. (Any of the above)
~Which Area of DMS: YM, GR, Kam (GM and Kam 1 are the most FUN!)
~Preferred Rings: I am usually not asked to carry any buffs other than maybe sweetheart. I use meat, diag, bandage, wish (yes, I try to heal the whole crew with my backup healer), fitness, quicksand, sugar rush, fortune's favor, sometimes turtle... it varies depending where I am and what the crew leader wants. I do not have integ on this account. I have major willpower boost, but bloodlust sometimes sleeps me. For this, I recommend 2 people with fleet in the crew, which isn't easy to keep r4 at all times. I'm working on my integ account, which is now 11.7.
~Your CL: 12 always, I won't show up lower than 12, almost all my DMS rings are CL 12.
~Experience: Been tanking since CL 10.4 and never looked back.
~Availability: my time zone is GMT -6 (central US time) and I am mostly available nights and weekends, depending on my work schedule.
~Preferred Method of Contact: PM or meebo, also Skype (I like to be able to skype call with at least the backup healer if possible because it's difficult to kite and type at the same time.)
~Requirements: Whatever, I try not to be picky.

VSC_Heartz's Wife

Divine Defender

30,225 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Timid 100
~Your Preferred Role: Healing of any kind
~Which Area of DMS: Not GreenRooms
~Preferred Rings: Sexy ones
~Your CL: 12.0
~Experience: Elitist Level
~Availability: Variable. If I'm on I'm on.
~Preferred Method of Contact: Meebo, PM.
~Requirements: Able to take what's asked of them.
Omnileech
It helps if I can assign rings when I join crews because I have a tried and true method for getting through every room in greens in under 3 hours.

Sure would like to see more info about that. I frequently have to turn down GR runs because I just plain don't have time for them.

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Shadey Kitty

Sure would like to see more info about that. I frequently have to turn down GR runs because I just plain don't have time for them.

Same u__u
And the chances of learning these kinds of stuffs is below sea level o(╥﹏╥)o

Omnipresent Warlord

Shadey Kitty
Omnileech
It helps if I can assign rings when I join crews because I have a tried and true method for getting through every room in greens in under 3 hours.

Sure would like to see more info about that. I frequently have to turn down GR runs because I just plain don't have time for them.[/quote

It helps to have people communicate people using voice chat. Beyond that it's just being able to clear rooms at a quick pace. Depending on the room I can clear each one in six to nine minutes.
I just am very unlucky and usually end up clearing the entire green maze before finding HPR even when I do scout.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff