*lets thread wither and die* 0.5 50.0% [ 17 ]
*waits for thread to be rebirthed from the ashes* 0.5 50.0% [ 17 ]
Total Votes:[ 34 ]

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Jayden -- If you make it clear that this is ... probably the first chance she's ever had to really live this way (especially if she grew up isolated from other people her age and had to act like an adult from a very young age) that would make her a lot more sympathetic.

I mean, if this is the happiest she's ever been and she has serious doubts that she's anything at all like the hero she's supposed to be, that's a very valid reason for her to have serious self-doubts. Maybe she thinks the talisman chose wrong and is waiting to get dumped or dropped from the party for someone better.

That's something that I think a lot of audience members can understand, and that would make her understandable, even if she's a long ways from being a strong character in the beginning.

That would mean that she has the potential to grow into her role. Might take something hard for her to really do it though.

Luminous Spirit

tab Well, I didn't get the job I got interviewed for today, so I am going to go back to writing. sweatdrop

Lacyx's Pardner

Dapper Phantom

...howdy, y'all

/falls over

my outlining... it's not goin' so well. I keep talking myself into circles...
Why do I keep dreamin' up stories with elements I can't even wrap my head around? I am not a theoretical physicist.

question for y'all;

Has this happened to you? You get an idea, and it just... it feels awesome. You can imagine the characters, the scenes are crystal clear, but there's just... a really complex plot dynamic that you can't explain well unless you completely suspend disbelief and ignore every semblance of logic?

I mean, if it hurts my head to even contemplate an idea, how could I efficiently and effectively explain it to the reader? It'll be a jumbled mess.

/bangs head against everything

I dunno, I'll... keep workin' on it.

Revered Nerd

You: Is this a new idea? Because if it's new then it probably just needs some (or a lot of) work to figure out how it makes sense. You sound excited about it so I'd say think about it and work with it and see what you get out of it.

Lacyx's Pardner

Dapper Phantom

whims;; It's like... a notion I had a while back. (which, I believe is becoming a theme with me. Blowin' the dust off of my writing folders and seein' what's there)

The only thing I really did was draw some character mock-ups and take a few notes. Most of it was still simmering away in my head.

And so, when I found these little pieces again, it kind of kicked that pot up to a boil.

I think you're right, I just need to keep thinking on it. I am excited about it, and I don't wanna lose that excitement to the doubt that can creep up on ya.

Revered Nerd

You: It was put in the box before it was given a chance to live! If you need help just let us know, since ya know, that's what we're here for.

Also just trying to explain it usually kicks something loose in my head.

Heroic Healer

27,475 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I was getting food...

Lia
I'll get to those 20 words soon.

terradi
Okay thanks smile
She starts out okay so I'm not sure why... though the further she gets from home (she's currently in another country she doesn't know much about, whereas she started out as a guide for the guys) she seems to be more insecure.

Silently Wishful
Sorry you didn't get the job sad

youphoria
sweatdrop I don't know... maybe don't try to explain it and just try to show the complicated stuff as you go? It's hard to say without knowing the details.
There's a few things in mine that don't make sense and I'm not sure how to fix that at the moment.

Devoted Bookworm

16,250 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Jayden - If you can figure out what's driving that insecurity and you expose it it'll help. If she has to face it head-on you can use it as a major growth point for her.

Heroic Healer

27,475 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Words not written yet... I was looking stuff up. sweatdrop

terradi
thanks smile
I hope she tells me...or Keisuke (her boyfriend)... what her problem is so that it can be dealt with.

Stubborn Nymph

14,975 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Mark Twain 100
Lia ;; It's just, third person isn't my first choice. I just can't tell if the flow is messed up, just because it's out of my typical comfort zone.

Ysa ;; Yeah, I'm trying. Making my writing a little more sophistication though. When I tell stories outloud they get... jumbled.

Jay ;; Well the story itself focuses around a trio of girls. The story can't be effectively told from one point of view or the other. I'll miss important information if I focus on just Lissa, information about the other two girls that help move the story along, but if I focus on Desire or Harley, I miss important information about all of their back stories. Thus, third person.

Heroic Healer

27,475 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
The Villainess Wildcard
Then good luck. You can do it!

Mystical Dreamer

War leaves its trail,
In moonlight so pale...

holy s**t everything looks so different. ~has new glasses, still adjusting to how the world is warping~

...Its shadows, they flow,
In rivers, in rivers...

Adorable Entrepreneur

37,440 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Jack-pot 100
Does anyone know if the winners goodies from NaNo are up yet?

Dedcadent Pants

Villainess - Maybe a beta reader or two?

Jayden - I'll waive the 20 words if you figure out her motivation.

Heroic Healer

27,475 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I will do those 20 words... my goal was 500... gonk

I started reading some stuff from the beginning of my story to find creature descriptions and stuff and got sidetracked...
I have some quite interesting lines...

He drifted off into strange dreams filled with rainbow rivers, flying cows and both Harrison and Faith fighting over him in a giant vat of chocolate pudding.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff