Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well if they aren't going to bring SM Stars back on TV, what is the likely hood they bring it to DVD like they did with Season one (and two I think)
Satanangel
Has anyone besides me figured out that Sailor Moon and Chibi Chibi are the same person?

No.

Chibi Chibi and Galaxia are the same person.
You are misinterpreting.
hi everyone, im new here so nice to meet yall
When I read the first post of this thread, I had hoped to find some intelligent conversation regarding Sailor Moon. Instead, all I found was some self-proclaimed know-it-alls who have half of their information wrong... not to mention lots of hostility towards people who are only familar with the English dub names and/or terms. So what if they only know the English version? I'm sure 99.9% of North American fans, myself included, were all introduced to the series by the English dub...

As Super Sailor Moon said, Sailor Stars isn't coming to America. Not on DVD, not on TV, not anything. Sad, but true. Don't get all mad at DiC or Cloverway, they're not responsible. All the blame can be put on Toei Animation.

To contribute to the original intention of this thread, I would like to say my favorite series of Sailor Moon are the original series (commonly referred to as "classic" Sailor Moon) as well as Sailor Moon S. I don't care for Sailor Stars too much, honestly. The Starlights get on my nerves a bit, as well as Chibi Chibi. Although one of my absolute favorite episodes of Sailor Moon is a Stars episode, go figure. whee

月に代わって!お仕置きよ! xd
Diannechan
When I read the first post of this thread, I had hoped to find some intelligent conversation regarding Sailor Moon. Instead, all I found was some self-proclaimed know-it-alls who have half of their information wrong... not to mention lots of hostility towards people who are only familar with the English dub names and/or terms. So what if they only know the English version? I'm sure 99.9% of North American fans, myself included, were all introduced to the series by the English dub...

which is why i don't bash it beyond telling people i know that if they want to get into it, they should give the japanese language track a shot first (i've had a real hard time convincing some people that READING SUBTITLES IS OKAY, too sweatdrop )

Diannechan
As Super Sailor Moon said, Sailor Stars isn't coming to America. Not on DVD, not on TV, not anything. Sad, but true. Don't get all mad at DiC or Cloverway, they're not responsible. All the blame can be put on Toei Animation.

god bless ebay and fansubs, eh? wink

Diannechan
To contribute to the original intention of this thread, I would like to say my favorite series of Sailor Moon are the original series (commonly referred to as "classic" Sailor Moon) as well as Sailor Moon S. I don't care for Sailor Stars too much, honestly. The Starlights get on my nerves a bit, as well as Chibi Chibi. Although one of my absolute favorite episodes of Sailor Moon is a Stars episode, go figure. whee

i personally thought the first season was a little boring (comparatively speaking), but you can never go wrong with sms ^^ and while i'm not a huge chibi chibi fan, you can't deny that she's just so gosh darn CUTE. and might i inquire as to which episode is your favorite?

Sparkly Millionaire

6,475 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
Dasrik
Satanangel
Has anyone besides me figured out that Sailor Moon and Chibi Chibi are the same person?

No.

You are misinterpreting.

Yea... in the anime they are. But flipping through the manga there's no mention of that. Chibi Chibi is Sailor Cosmos and it is implied, and even stated that Sailor Cosmos is 'the ultimate Sailor Moon'. *shrugs* Take that as you will.
michire
i personally thought the first season was a little boring (comparatively speaking), but you can never go wrong with sms ^^ and while i'm not a huge chibi chibi fan, you can't deny that she's just so gosh darn CUTE. and might i inquire as to which episode is your favorite?

Episode 184, Futarikiri no yoru! Usagi no Pinch! It's the infamous Seiya towel incident... whee Funny, funny, funny! Chibi Chibi is cute at times, but other times she's obnoxious...

I do like Yaten, though, I have to admit, as well as the Three Lights' songs. I swear, Nagareboshi He must have been played 10 million times in Sailor Stars! Search for your love! xd
The Manda
Dasrik
Satanangel

No.

You are misinterpreting.

Yea... in the anime they are. But flipping through the manga there's no mention of that. Chibi Chibi is Sailor Cosmos and it is implied, and even stated that Sailor Cosmos is 'the ultimate Sailor Moon'. *shrugs* Take that as you will.

man.. thats a hella good point..
but yea..
you have to take in reference for what you're talkin about..
sweatdrop
but yea..
i juss think Sailor moon was the best anime/manga ever made..
well that's my opinion..
you kno.. in the middle of the series.. where tuxedo kamen kinda like died.. and then when he came back to life and he's ok.. but how come he breaks up with usagi?
I guess... but the manga and anime are not the same thing anyway.

Diannechan: I just asked about Stars and no one remembers it, so I guess it was my imagination. Whatever. But I stand by what I said about the Starlights' name.

And sorry, but the dub is trash and I stand by this too. I don't care if it introduced Americans to Sailor Moon. Naruto hasn't been dubbed here yet and many Americans know it. The American dub seriously upsets me and makes me sad. The first impressions Americans have of that show is ruined because people didn't take the care required with the show.

I STILL have to fight off my friends' snickers because I like that "dumb show with the Sailor Scouts". ******** DiC and ******** American Sailor Moon.
ok..
i've always wanted to see the real japanese version or SM..
it looks really cook
b/c they dressed up just like the anime..
it's so cool!! ^^
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

like.. i love sm..
i wanna see the real versions..
^^
Dasrik
I guess... but the manga and anime are not the same thing anyway.

Diannechan: I just asked about Stars and no one remembers it, so I guess it was my imagination. Whatever. But I stand by what I said about the Starlights' name.

And sorry, but the dub is trash and I stand by this too. I don't care if it introduced Americans to Sailor Moon. Naruto hasn't been dubbed here yet and many Americans know it. The American dub seriously upsets me and makes me sad. The first impressions Americans have of that show is ruined because people didn't take the care required with the show.

I STILL have to fight off my friends' snickers because I like that "dumb show with the Sailor Scouts". ******** DiC and ******** American Sailor Moon.

That Stars bit wasn't directed at you in the least. I was merely stating that to inform the people wondering about when/if Sailor Stars was going to be released on DVD in America. You are correct about the Starlights' names, I never said anything discrediting your or disagreeing with you about that. In fact, none of my post was directed specifically at you at all.

And Naruto is a bit different than Sailor Moon. Anime fans know about Naruto because they like anime. People wouldn't know about the original version of Sailor Moon without A) the English dub or B) being anime fans.

And about the Chibi Chibi is Galaxia argument, I agree with you. The anime and manga are very different in certain aspects, and one is no more right than the other. From an anime perspective, you are correct, and from a manga perspective, The Manda is correct. No one is wrong. 3nodding
Well... let's have a friendly debate.

Why do people like the manga more than the anime?
I can see why in some cases... but overall... I dunno.
The villains seem flat in the manga to me. And I'm a villain kind of guy smile
Sailor Galaxia was awesomely fleshed out in the anime, in the manga she just seems like another Big Bad Villain to dispose of. sad

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff