Welcome to Gaia! ::

Romantic Lunatic

XFateX
Aellos
I want to know how y'all were able to save up for your first BJD?
Just to give me some inspiration that I could possibly be able to get my grail one day.

I have my eye on a JID Iplehouse doll...I think her name is Taina?
She's so lovely, but I don't think I could even spend that much money on a doll in the next several years. DX

Did you have a name change? >w< I know your sig, just the name I don't recognize. [from teh MH thread~]

Honestly, mine was saving saving saving. I cut down on a lot of spending. saved any extra money that came in. [graduation partly.. because I wasn't going to college. -bad-, birthday, christmas.. ect.]

I know a lot of people cut out pleasantries? [like coffee/food runs that weren't needed, smoking...]

Some actually sell things they make to help raise money..

Ahaha, I dunno if I could cut down much spending. I still think even if I did that I couldn't justify one. Especially with Monster High out right now, I'm so enamored I don't think I could stop. ROFL! They're like filler BJD (though they're not).
I can dream though!

And no, I didn't have a name change, heh. biggrin

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Aellos
XFateX
Aellos
Just to give me some inspiration that I could possibly be able to get my grail one day.

She's so lovely, but I don't think I could even spend that much money on a doll in the next several years. DX

Did you have a name change? >w< I know your sig, just the name I don't recognize. [from teh MH thread~]

Honestly, mine was saving saving saving. I cut down on a lot of spending. saved any extra money that came in. [graduation partly.. because I wasn't going to college. -bad-, birthday, christmas.. ect.]

I know a lot of people cut out pleasantries? [like coffee/food runs that weren't needed, smoking...]

Ahaha, I dunno if I could cut down much spending. I still think even if I did that I couldn't justify one. Especially with Monster High out right now, I'm so enamored I don't think I could stop. ROFL! They're like filler BJD (though they're not).
I can dream though!

Maybe I'm just bad at matching names. xD The thread isn't super active over there. Where as here I'm... okay with matching sigs/names [or.. just knowing everyone in general.]
I agree that monster high dolls are a good substitute. In my opinion at least. I collect both, so. >w< THough I do prefer my BJDs.

Romantic Lunatic

XFateX
Aellos
XFateX
Aellos

I can dream though!

Maybe I'm just bad at matching names. xD The thread isn't super active over there. Where as here I'm... okay with matching sigs/names [or.. just knowing everyone in general.]
I agree that monster high dolls are a good substitute. In my opinion at least. I collect both, so. >w< THough I do prefer my BJDs.

Yeah, I don't match names all the time either. I see people more by their sig. Even on other sites.

BJDs are so much more intricate. And personal. The day I can afford her I plan on being able to afford to get a new wig, eyes and clothes that fit my idea. I plan on basing her off the OC that is my usernamesake. P:

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Sounds fun. :3
They are indeed more personal, but at least you CAN mod the monster high dolls somewhat easily. >w<

I'll probably get my girl to cosplay "Fate" One day. Since she's really a roleplay character.
But my boys all came together when I got them.. deciding personality and everything then, rather then before. >w<

Fluffy Prophet

Aellos

I thought I'd never be able to afford a bjd, but I quit smoking and saved up $20 a month, also my family started giving me money for my birthday and christmas instead of gifts, to help me get my doll. Then once I had my first doll (after a year of saving) I started making clothes for them and selling them for more dolly funds. So now I have a bigger doll family than I ever dreamed! (and I'm still cigarette-free)

Romantic Lunatic

Finlet
Aellos

I thought I'd never be able to afford a bjd, but I quit smoking and saved up $20 a month, also my family started giving me money for my birthday and christmas instead of gifts, to help me get my doll. Then once I had my first doll (after a year of saving) I started making clothes for them and selling them for more dolly funds. So now I have a bigger doll family than I ever dreamed! (and I'm still cigarette-free)

Wow, giving up smoking for dolls is a wonderful idea. Wish it would work for my parents. Sadly I don't get money for Christmas or my birthday anymore. Guess I'm too old. Being able to sell stuff you make though sounds like such an awarding way to grow your family!

Desirable Lunatic

I sell stuff as well razz
mostly little outfits and jewelry
(nothing nearly as nice as Fin's work tho) : P

Fluffy Prophet

Shilen your stuff is easily as good! I have messiness in my work that I keep striving to eliminate.

Sparkly Genius

@Hobo - Glad you enjoyed it! D'aww, I hope Ray comes back to you soon!

@Taru - PM me your e-mail and I can send you an invite!

@Aellos - I don't think I will be much help on that question. I had a bunch of money saved up already before I got into BJDs, as I didn't have any other major hobbies or expenses at the time, so I was fine to start buying. Now I usually wait until I have over a certain amount saved in my bank from my parttime job before I allow myself to get frivelous and spend a bunch on myself. Waiting for the first doll is the hardest I feel. Once you have one to keep you company the saving and waiting is easier.
There are at least two others in this thread with a Tania. She is very pretty ^^

EDIT: Shilen, don't out down your work! You and Fin are both amazing.

Fluffy Prophet

I have so many 'never's' that I've broken in this hobby.
I started thinking about it when I remembered I thought I'd never be able to afford a bjd. Then I thought I'd never have more than one.... or two.... or three. I swore I'd never have a floating head. I'd never be able to do good faceups.
I also thought I'd never like this or that kind of doll but my tastes have broadened to like almost every doll, because I see them in a different way, the work put into them and the possibilities they contain.

Desirable Lunatic

Lol you guys are sweet but my stuff still needs a lot of work before it meets my standards. I do fine with human clothes but the doll stuff gets much less time and effort put in to it :/

Fluffy Prophet

I don't think I'll ever reach the point where I'm satisfied with my work. I'm not frustrated by it, but I'm always learning from my mistakes. Thats why I try new things all the time.

Smitten Duck

The Goddess Shilen
Fearmyboxers

Liv doll wigs are a 5/6 v.v i own like 10 for my RS/BBB YoSD and Lu has one >.> bit that he ever wears it.
I bought a Liv wig for my MH doll and it fits perfect!

Desirable Genius

I got Hyde with birthday money and some money I had saved up. (It was actually meant for something else, but it was canceled so I was able to get my first BJD c: )

Everyone~!
There will be a sale on LUTS in May biggrin
*clicky*
Which reminds me.. this makes me curious (it's that it says "coming soon", else I'd already feel like I missed out on something ;D) :
User Image

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Neo Sideralis
I got Hyde with birthday money and some money I had saved up. (It was actually meant for something else, but it was canceled so I was able to get my first BJD c: )

Everyone~!
There will be a sale on LUTS in May biggrin
*clicky*
Which reminds me.. this makes me curious (it's that it says "coming soon", else I'd already feel like I missed out on something ;D) :
User Image

-rips clothes in anger like the hulk-

WE JUST ORDERED FROM LUTS

x.x;

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items