Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should royalty marry commoners?

Yes, of course! Love is love! 0.76026174895895 76.0% [ 1278 ]
No, never. They should stay in their own class. 0.048185603807258 4.8% [ 81 ]
Totally indifferent/don't care. 0.14217727543129 14.2% [ 239 ]
What?! There's a wedding?! 0.049375371802499 4.9% [ 83 ]
Total Votes:[ 1681 ]
< 1 2 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 25 26 27 > >>

I don't see why people can't marry whomever they want...
Providing that they're legal in the country, legal in age, and I don't have to pay for it.

Ruthless Seeker

10,950 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
There shouldn't really be labels such as royalty or commoners, there's no difference between the two anyway. Both can have wealth, housing, food, any other necessity, and both are still human.
Think what you want, but I dispise the social idea of status'.
Love who you want. heart

6,050 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Wat is royal wed?
Simple: I don't care what the royal nor the rich do or don't do, if they want to marry a commoner, whatever keeps my news feed uncluttered with garbage displays of obsessing over a wee thing.
If however, should it happen to me (which won't happen in a blue moon), I won't do it, no, I don't care how NICE and whatever the hell they may say to butter me up, I won't marry a bloody R&R, I don't want to be an attraction because I come from a 'working family' nor will I allow them to harass them because "They aren't like us" bullcrap, beh, just remember, just because he's/she's SO DREAMY, just don't think it will last 'cause it won't. Oh and what bother if I am going to be a sideshow freak to the 'blushing groom's' family. I don't care if me heart flutters, my brain says all: it's a bloody disgrace to me.

8,700 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nudist Colony 200
nowadays with royalty being merely a symbol it shouldn't matter what the royals do or who they wish to be with they shouldn't be limited simply for being born into a certain family.It's a shame that in the olden days things were so strict that any non-royal was considered a lesser being, but times have changed and people have become slightly less bigoted on such aspects
hmm i thin its a good idea

6,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
Pixilated
*shrug*
It's rather messed up what happens to the royal gene pool when they "keep it in the family."

hahaha ikr thats horrible.....

6,500 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Noob wrangler 100
realllly stupid question srry to say that i realllllllllllly am
Duh! If Royalty married Royalty then it wouldn't be fair to anyone, not even the royals would think it as a fair thing to do. Look, if they love each other and know that they do. Then who cares? As long as they are happy being with each other and love each other thats all I care about!
RoseDust101
Duh! If Royalty married Royalty then it wouldn't be fair to anyone, not even the royals would think it as a fair thing to do. Look, if they love each other and know that they do. Then who cares? As long as they are happy being with each other and love each other thats all I care about!

Not that fair's got anything to do with it, but this isn't the first time this has happened. Queen Elizabeth's mother wasn't titled, although she came from a 'good' family. I think they've been very sensible about the whole thing - they've known each other 10 years and are both a good age to marry. Good for them!

Paladin Knight

32,890 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tested Practitioner 250
Really? This question is worth a sticky? rolleyes

The Queen herself isn't taking issue so why are we even asking the question?

7,050 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Generous 100
  • Survivor 150
If you think about it, without their titles and servants or whatever they have they would just be common folks like the rest of us. Hells even celebrities are just people with money. So sure if they want to marry then let them.

I just really hope its not based on looks xD Plus he's balding prematurely. You wanna pass that gene on to your kids?

Magnetic Rogue

11,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Streaker 200
I can't wait for the wedding yipppee

33,325 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Sir_Catherine
Really? This question is worth a sticky? rolleyes

The Queen herself isn't taking issue so why are we even asking the question?

Agreed. I would prefer a topic that includes actual discussion. Perhaps how similar/different Kate and the Late Princess Diana are, or if Diana was alive, what would she think of Kate? I can at least see discussion in that

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff