Welcome to Gaia! ::

"Her house sinks down in death, and her course leads to the shades...

User Image

- - - < < < - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.....::: Queen of Nifilheim
.....::: Hel Lokidottir :::.....
Goddess of Death :::.....TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > > > - - -

Hel's words fell silent when a visage of the being that had captured her appeared; she instinctively drew back and raised her blades in defense, only to give pause and lower them again ever so slightly as Erik spoke his reassurances, while reassuring was not how she herself would describe any part of her current predicament. An admittance to his alleged alliance with Odin, she might have anticipated, and could easily process; she could have better dealt with anything, truly, other than the words she heard from him now. The goddess was not certain how to take this devoted confession of his, much less how to respond to it, aside from trying to read him for any sign that his words were lies... Hel's obvious hestation quickly faded, however, and her expression again grew as cold as steel. “Do you think me so naïve,” she answered instead, more pain and confusion than venom in her voice, “that I would fall to your mercy for a few kind words, like some heartsick maid.” The goddess of death tried to speak her words lightly, as if to laugh at his efforts; but there was a slight tremble in her voice, a hint of anger, that she could not stifle. Hel was not always so gifted in the art of lies, as her father was... “I alone have bore the burden of Nifilheim's throne for centuries, commanded armies and raised wars by naught but my own hand; and I have learned well in my years, Erik Black-Soul, not to place my faith in kings” she continued, and for a brief moment one might have thought she spoke of more than just the king that had put her there.

She had hardly dismissed this beings intentions for a moment; to have her as his own, to rule by her side. To betray her, inevitably. She would give no one that chance again.

Black-Soul's response to the flow of power from her weapons was one of sheer pain, though it only seemed to further fuel his determination to prove himself, much to the goddess' concern. Hel took a quick step back from the visage as she felt the ground beneath her shake, the darkness giving way to a blinding light that she quickly realized was emanating from Dod and Skam themselves. She heard her spell repeated, over and over, in Erik's voice, the weapons obeying at first as their power grew with each utterance of the curse. But just as quickly, the daggers began to flicker like a dying flame, the same gray fog circling about her forearms as both blades threatened to disappear from her very hands, no longer responding kindly to the strange presence attempting to manipulate them. She couldn't help but smirk slightly as the weapons' glow slowly faded, though her predicament was far from over. This creature would not draw upon their power any more than he already had, but so long as she was locked within the confines of his mind, so too were her weapons.

She was still trapped.

“Where is Hel?!” she heard her elder brother's familiar voice through the shadows, and as she watched Fenrir approach the dragon beast from her current prison, fear seized her again. Stay away from him, Fenrir, she wanted to call to her enraged brother, knowing he would not hear her if she tried. Would this being choose to harm her family? Hel couldn't be certain, nor would she intend to stand aside and find out. Not knowing what else to do, one hand lifted to the cloak around her neck, a silvery glow passed over the dark fabric as she grasped it tightly, threatening to pull from her form the only object that allowed her, and therefore this creature as well, the ability to reach her power. “What you fail to grasp, in your attempt to use my strength to your own gain, is that Dod and Skam will only answer to but one master...” Hel hesitated, however, before she could unravel it. She truly had to be desperate; there was risk in such an attempt, in that it would no doubt harm her as much than her captor. She had already been stripped of her power once recently, at Valfreyja's hands, and while she could recover from it quickly enough, it was not a feeling she wished to relive again. But what other means of escape did she have? Attempting to let her power consume him was to no avail; all that was left was to take it away completely. “And your queen she spat defiantly as she let the cloak fall away from her, “answers to none.”

The blades vanished from her hands as the dark fabric fell to the ground beside her. Immediately Hel could feel the sickening sensation of her power drawing in on itself, out of her reach and out of Erik's; the illusion that concealed her true appearance once again crumbled away to reveal her seemingly half-decayed form, and in a wave of dizziness she collapsed to her knees beside her fallen cloak. Separated from her, the garment itself was useless and held no power of it's own, leaving little to nothing of the relic for Black-Soul to use to his own advantage. The pitch darkness of her surroundings seemed to give way to some amount of light; whether it was the prison within the creature's mind breaking, or merely a trick of her own eyes, Hel couldn't be certain.

She could only hope this worked.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
status: weakened || mood: angered || location: Ground Floor, Stark Tower || company: Fenrir/Erik Black-Soul/Freyja/Hnoss/Gersemi/Vali/Nari/Sigyn/The Other

User Image

... all who go to her cannot return, and find again the paths of life."
"And I saw a new Heaven and a new Earth...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > <<< - - - - - -

User Image

The Midgard Serpent ..:: Jormungandr Lokison
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - <<< - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - <<< - - - - - - -

User Image

Admittedly he was slightly taken aback by Alvaro's near-outburst, not expecting such an angry response; Jormungandr did not show it, however, sitting still and calm even when he felt Alvaro's sudden movement as his half-sibling sat up to face him directly. He listened to Alvaro's hateful words regarding Enya's mother, a mutant, evidently; he heard the uncertainty in his brothers voice as he mentioned his own mother, a woman completely unknown to him. A traitor, their father apparently called her... and if that did not raise a few questions for which he would clearly find no answers to from Alvaro.

“It would seem to me that there are few, if any, that the Chitauri commander does not despise” he replied at first, though it was in fact curious, just how much the unnerving being seemed to dislike Alvaro in particular. Jormungandr could not sense anything incredibly threatening about his half-sibling, and yet from what tension between them he'd witnessed for himself, that was exactly how The Other seemed to regard him; a threat, or a disease that had to be wiped out...

Was it anything to do in part, perhaps, with the mother Alvaro claimed to know nothing of?

“Forgive me my assumptions” he continued after a short pause; his apology certainly sounded sincere, whether one could believe it was in honesty or not. “Had I known... father is not one to speak of such things so easily; he mentioned no word to me of your parentage or young Enya's. I suppose I should expect as much of him; he no longer talks of our mother, either...” Jormungandr uttered the last words almost in bitterness, clearly feeling nothing short of disdain for the way memory of her seemed to be long buried out of mind, avoided. “The Aesir killed her, when they locked my siblings and I away. She was called a conspirator, falsely accused of intent to bring Asgard to ruin through father and through us.” They'd not killed her by their hands or weapons, of course, but as far as Jormungandr had ever been concerned, his mother's unfortunate fate was nothing short of Asgard's own doing. And their father had done nothing to stop any of it, he wanted to say; Loki had tried to reason, a coward too afraid then to go against Odin's wishes, when he should have fought... but for some reason, Jormungandr seemed to hold his tongue.

Whatever argument or fight seemed to be taking place upon the ground floor, so far as Jormungandr could sense, was either beginning to calm at last or had merely fallen into a brief stand-still. Either way, it was becoming more and more difficult to remain where he was and ignore it. He stood to leave, deciding not only that his presence was likely needed elsewhere, but that his half-brother would do well now to be left alone. “Perhaps it is best I leave you to your thoughts” he stated, well aware that there was more troubling the younger god than what he let on; “no doubt the girl and your Damon will be returning shortly.” Jormungandr quietly stepped out of the large room, debating to himself whether his next venture should be to the Tower's first floor; even he'd grown increasingly weary of the Aesir's lingering presence.

- - - - - - - - - - - >>>> <<<< - - - - - - - - - - -
status: well | mood: curious/concerned | location: Stark Tower | company: Alvaro

User Image

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - > <<< - - - - - -
... for the old Heaven and the old Earth had passed away,
and there was no more sea."

Precious Strawberry

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tipsy 100
Pietro Django Maximoff
Quicksilver

Keira Sera Maximoff
Siren

User ImageUser Image
                                  Keira gently fixed the hair that Austin ruffled. "I am calm. I was trying to calm everyone else," she stated. She smacked her brother's hand away from her nose. "I will not apologize. You attacked the human you knew very well that I had claimed as mine, turd-brain," she scolded, her annoyance with her older sibling unfazed by the calming ambiance.

Keira's attention glued her eyes to the phone in her future nephew's hand, riveted. Her eyes widened and cheeks warmed when he asked her the likelihood of her falling in love with and marrying another human. He did have a point. Her loving Aussie was hugely out of character as it was. Unknowingly, she smiled gently at the picture of her future nephew and son getting green goop spilled on them. She felt what she would later identify as maternal love for the black-haired boy in the picture. She snapped back to reality only when Dante began to panic. "Who's Maya?" she asked, having never heard of the girl before. "My...daughter?" she guessed, but thought differently a second later when Piety brought up that Maya had already been identified as Alvaro's daughter. Their family tree was clearly messed up in the future.

Keira did not have a moment to answer Austin that moment, as Grace took her leave. The back that she saw on her sister-in-law-to-be was a sad one, and she instantly remembered the grim morning they had awaiting them. "Oh, yeah. We should get going," she told the lot of them. She took Austin's hand and led him several paces behind Cici in the direction of the Brotherhood kitchen. She mumbled to him, "I'll try and explain later. Let's get this over with first."

~~~~~

Pietro nodded to Grace in acknowledgment. "'Morning," he echoed, agreeing with the dropped use of 'good' in the greeting. He let her alone to get her breakfast and heard more footsteps echoing down the hall before his daughter and an unknown young man entered the room. He noted his daughter's hand in the young man's. "This is the SHIELD agent, I presume," he stated. Keira's small nod confirmed, though she added, "He's not SHIELD anymore, papa. He's with a group known as the GI Joes." Pietro nodded, having heard about the group in passing before. "Get something to eat, if you're hungry. We're heading out in ten," he told them all.

He put his empty coffee cup by the sink. "I'll go get your grandfather," he said, and ran off to the older mutant's room. After a few taps of knuckles on his father's door, Pietro spoke through the wood. "Dad, we're heading out for Hook's funeral in a few, if you're ready."

Interesting Prophet

"Nú var Loki tekinn griðalauss ok
farit með hann í helli nökkvorn.
Þá tóku þeir þrjár hellur ok settu
á egg ok lustu rauf á hellunni hverri.
Þá váru teknir synir Loka Váli ok Nari eða Narfi."

xxxxxxxxxxx~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Now Loki was taken truceless, and was brought
                          with them into a certain cave. Thereupon they took
                          three flat stones, and set them on edge and drilled a
                          hole in each stone. Then were taken
                          Loki's sons Váli and Nari or Narfi..."

User Image

"Brugðu æsir Vála í vargslíki ok reif
                                                                          hann í [sundr] Narfa, bróður sinn.
                                                                          Þá tóku æsir þarma hans ok bundu Loka
                                                                          með yfir þá þrjá [egg]steina, einn undir
                                                                          herðum, annarr undir lendum, þriði undir
                                                                          knésfótum, ok urðu þau bönd at járni."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"...the Æsir changed Váli into the form of a wolf,
                                                                                                  and he tore asunder Narfi his brother.
                                                                                                  And the Æsir took his entrails and bound Loki
                                                                                                  with them over the three stones: one stands under
                                                                                                  his shoulders, the second under his loins, the third
                                                                                                  under his houghs; and those bonds were turned to iron."

User Image

“Yes mother,” the twins replied in unison and they stood ready to attack or retreat at a moments notice. Váli and Nari were both glad that the girls appeared unharmed, well at least so far. Still, Váli hoped that the beast would give them a reason to attack. Though it was not the beast Váli wished to attack. No, he wished to attack their host standing not far from them. He had been the one to engulf Gersemi in darkness and stopping her from attacking the death goddess. Gersemi didn’t appear to be harmed, but Váli disliked that their host had interfered with the fight. Why he felt like he did, Váli wasn’t completely sure at the moment. Nari could read Váli despite the calm façade his wore and knew his twin was just looking for a good reason to do so. Though, for once, Nari preferred the idea of retreating instead of attacking. They had no idea what this beast was truly capable of, especially after it had seemingly made the death goddess disappear. This beast was not something to be taken lightly.

Another cloud of smoke appeared, this one being a blood red in color, and a young man walked out from it. Váli and Nari didn’t know who he was, but he had his sights set on the dragon beast before them. Still, they watched him closely just incase he did anything hostile towards their friends and/or mother. The new comer demanded the whereabouts of the death goddess and from his words, both realized who the young man was: the great wolf Fenrir in human form. They were surprised to find out that the wolf even had such a form as well as seeing that another child of Loki had been released from its prison. Váli and Nari exchanged a troubled glance. Did this mean that Ragnarok would soon be upon them?

User Image

Their Location: Midgard, New Asgard They're wearing: These Midgardian clothes Company: Fenrir, Erik Black-Soul, Lady Freyja, Hnoss, Gersemi, Sigyn & The Other Their weapons: Vali & Nari

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Interesting Prophet

User Image User Image User Image

User Image
                                                                      Avalon clutched the edges of the blanket covering her as she thought. She could remember going after Nick and finding out that her best friend actually had a younger sister. They had skipped some of school in doing so, but that wasn’t her secret to tell. Avalon had gone to school eventually, but had snuck out to practice with her bow and… that’s it until waking up in the medical wing. She knew that she had to give a response, but she disliked lieing to her parents. “…I remember hanging out with Nick and loosing track of time.” Avalon replied finally. It wasn’t exactly a lie, just part of the truth. “We were late for school, but then I snuck out.” She admitted since it would have come to light anyways, “I wanted to practice with my bow that you gave me, Papa… So, I snuck outside and practiced in the forest.” Avalon stopped knowing that she couldn’t remember what happened next and added quietly, “And then I remember waking up here.”

Avalon greatly disliked not being able to remember what had happened next. It would explain why she was in the medical bay and the reason for her apparent injuries. However, her father being hurt as well frightened her more. He said that he’d gotten into a fight, but she didn’t know the reason. As far as she had known, her father hadn’t been on a mission and there was no way her mom could have injured her father that much. “…Why were you in a fight Papa?”

~~~

Natasha arrived at the medical and easily found her way to the room her daughter and husband was currently residing in. Before entering she asked a nurse for the status of her loved ones. The nurse told her the extent of her husband’s injuries and that Avalon was still stable and that Ragnarok had done nothing out of line towards either of her family members. Natasha thanked the nurse allowing him to get back to work. It was naturally very busy in the medical bay the day after the invasion and Natasha didn’t want to take up any more of the medical staff’s time than was needed. Turning towards the door, she quietly entered the room, hearing her daughter’s response to her husband’s question.

A small smile spread across her lips just as quickly as the relief washed over her. Her daughter was awake and speaking clearly, her words not slurred in any way. That was a good sign that Ava hadn’t had any brain damage as a result from her ordeal, but her daughter’s response still worried her slightly. Based on the way Ava worded her response, it appeared that she had some amnesia. She didn’t currently remember receiving the injuries given to her by the Chitauri scouts and being saved by agent Ward. That meant she and Clint would not only have to explain about that, but also what had transpired since she had been out. She didn’t know how Ava would take the news, but it could wait for the moment. Natasha walked forwards, “Avalon, your Papa and I will explain everything later. I promise. Okay?”

“Yes, Mama,” Avalon replied smiling at the appearance of her mother. She hadn’t heard her mother enter the room, but was glad to see that her mom was unharmed. Though, she wanted to know who or what had injured her father. Avalon never liked seeing her father injured like this, even if it hadn’t been the first time. Still, she trusted her mother to keep her word that they’d explain everything later.

“Good,” Natasha said going over to her bedside and giving her a kiss on the forehead. She was just glad that her daughter had woken up from the coma those Chitauri had put her into. If it was the last thing she did on this earth, Loki and the Chitauri would pay dearly for harming her only child. She turned from her daughter then and walked over to her husbands bedside and stood beside Ragnarok. “Ragnarok” Natasha began addressing him first, “I want thank you for watching over Avalon in our absence.” She may not have liked Ragnarok, but she knew that he would likely protect her daughter if the need had arisen. She wouldn’t have trusted that clone to be alone with her daughter, but he had yet to give her a reason to shoot him.

She regretted not being the one to be here when Ava had woken up, but there had been important work to be done and done right. Natasha then turned her gaze to Clint, taking his injures and the blood drip attached to his arm. Overall, it wasn’t the worst injury that he’d ever received and it was certainly one that he’d recover from. She noted the black hearing aid in his ear and suspected that it had been a gift from Ragnarok. “Clint I’m glad you made it back to base alive.” Natasha stated, truly relieved that her husband hadn’t received any life threating injuries and had come back to her in one piece. She knew Clint was a very capable fighter and trusted him to always come back to Avalon and her, but that couldn’t stop the worry from building up. “The medics say you’ll be fine.”

User Image

WEAPONS | Widow's Bite | Glock-28 Pistols
                                                                      LOCATION | SHIELD base, Medical Bay
                                                                      WITH | Clint, Avalon & Ragnarok
                                                                      OOC | n/a

User Image

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
“We are all mortal among our own peoples. There are no exceptions. But among people of a different world… we can be as insignificant as ants or as mighty as gods.”

User Image

Torjuuk sighed, “You seem to misunderstand. The Armies of Kilkluan were a thousand times larger and more powerful than those of Nifilheim, or helheim as it is known today. An army of Colossi, is like hurricane of magic…It simply cannot be stopped. Kilkluan was able to annihilate his own armies because he could pull the souls of others out with a single touch.” Then Torjuuk paused for a moment before continuing. He was far more solemn when he continued. He seemed almost distant and at the same time as calm as could be.

“As For your question, I‘m sure you already know the answer to it. My ancestor has been buried in this world since before humans evolved. Her presence here effects the humans continuously. For millions of years they have warred amongst themselves. They constantly fight. Even when in the middle of a time of supposed peace. My ancestor’s very presence has effected their evolution and caused them to become the violent savage creatures that they are when you strip away their good traits. They are at war constantly, if not with each other then with themselves, or worse with others. It is their very nature. A nature bred in through countless generations of being in My ancestor‘s presence!” He shouted his last sentence so as to emphasize his point and clarify beyond doubt what he meant.

Then he seemed to calm turned his head to look in the direction of a sound. “I am here because it is what I do. I have fought in countless wars on countless worlds. I might as well be what some would call a professional soldier. As for Zak here, I‘ve saved his life so many times in so many wars that he is literally so deep in a life debt to me that He could never hope to be free of it while I still live, because of how long I've lived. Where I go, He will follow out of loyalty and respect.” And then he looked right at her. Right in the eyes.

“Remind me of my old age. One. More. Time. I‘ll show you the rage of a colossus.”

“Torjuuk Vannahr, at your service.”

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
War is an Art. To think of it as a science is a fool’s errand.
User Image

Vixzakta said, “Lord Torjuuk Speaks the truth.” Then he returned to the rock and after taking out another black dragon scale, began to hammer away again. “The first scale shed by a black dragon. For stability.” The Scale began to glow red and after a few moments of hammering, he pulled something out of his satchel and said, “The first leaf to fall in a new autumn of a forest that has lived a thousand years. For Beauty.” As he continued hammering the object began to grow but did not yet change shape. Then he pulled two more objects from his satchel and added them to what he was crafting. The sound of a beautiful note on a harp filled the air, but it was suddenly silenced and replaced with thundering roar of a dragon. The roar was deep and intensely emotional. Full of pain, suffering, anger, and defiance. It was a sound that could shake even the most hardened of warriors to their very core and send a chill crawling up their spine. “The last musical note played by a bard and the last defiant roar of a dying dragon. For Intimidation and Power.” As he continued hammering the craft continued to change shape until it resembled a ring. He took a single drop of his own sweat and used that to cool it. Steam rose from the ring and then he picked it up; putting his tools back in his satchel. He placed the ring on his right hands middle finger. “Even the smallest of things can be the most dangerous.”

“Call me Zak. General is too formal for such a casual setting, even if we are at war.”

Versatile Shapeshifter

3,875 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Gender Swap 100
User Image

“I am Fallen,”
“I am Fallout,”
“I am Pressure,”
“I am Echo,”
“I am Freedom,”
“My Name is Howie, would you like to play?”

“Can I meet Dad now?” Howie asked as he was finally calm enough. He looked at the destruction fallout had caused, and then looked at the door. He knew who awaited on the other side of that door, and he wanted to meet him. To see him, to hug him. He’d lost one father already, he wasn’t about to lose his new one. He didn’t really know Tony personally, but this was his chance to start. He was completely over his apprehension, and was actually kind of excited now.

Mega Werewolf

11,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
User ImageDamon MaximoffUser Image
"Demon"

User Image

Damon smiled at Maya because she was so adorable the way she apologized for not eating all her food was exactly how Alvaro acted if he did not eat everything Damon made. So what if what Damon and Alvaro had did not last Alvaro would have such a sweet daughter and would not mind watching her as a little baby. She already looked like her dad so imagining a little baby girl Alvaro would have softened the pain in her heart. Who was Maya’s mother? This question kept him up all night.

Sitting down next to her Damon gently took the hand that was playing with her hair and rubbed his fingers over her hand. ”I think you are worrying yourself over this a little too much. You know what will happen and don’t know if things will be okay. So what now you can see what you were told about in person and make your own judgment.” He told her. Sounding like the mother that raised her because she told Alvaro and Maya the same thing over the years. His tail came up and wrapped around the wrist of the hand she was holding. ”Do not think that I think you are being very brave and it shows how much you love him.” he told her. Trying to give her confidence in herself.

Hearing his mom called Damon just shrugged. ”Do not worry about it I will call her later and I am sure she could have just left a voice mail.” She must have been calling about what was happening later today with meeting Alvaro’s mother; he can just call her back later. Right now he was more focused on Maya. ”Thank you for the advice. I will fallow it and hopefully what ever is troubling you will change for the better.” He told her. Not knowing how bad things really were going to be in the future if he did not listen to her.

Hearing that Maya was a Maximoff shocked Damon. So much in fact that his tail unwrapped itself from her and fell. But no he could not sure the emotions he was feeling to Maya and upset her. Instead he smiled at her. ”And now it makes since as to why you came here for Dante. The Maximoff always has been one with strong family ties.” He said. It was true seeing s even with his mother marrying and X-Men and leaving the brotherhood her father and uncle loved her very much.

User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Precious Strawberry

10,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tipsy 100
Maria Hill
Commander of Shield
-New Asgard-

User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Image

User Image
No apology.
Push your luck, say your prayers.
Make believe you don't care.

Maria smiled at her children's interaction, her daughter holding ice crystal's to her stepson's forehead. "Snow, beautiful and white with purity. It suits you well, Nick," she commented. Her injured knee, previously throbbing mildly in spite of the painkillers she had taken, didn't bother her at the moment. She did, however, chose to take a seat in the room. She had been instructed to rest the joint as much as possible. Though she hated this request, she would do anything to reduce the constant, nagging pain as soon as possible.

It was just after she took a seat to rest that there came a knock at the door and Brian Braddock entered, offering greetings and salutes. "At ease," Hill said. "There should be several projects going on around the base. With your powers, you may be most useful with one of the rebuilding projects," she suggested. She thought a moment. "The entrances are our biggest vulnerabilities," she added.

Another smile broke out on Maria's usually neutral facade when Nick ran over to Brian and Antoinette, only to discover with disappointment that the toddler was fast asleep. "Perhaps, though, Sir Braddock will let you watch her in the playroom while he helps around the base," she suggested helpfully. She moved her glanced from her daughter to Steve's, nestled in Brian's arms. She could see so much of Steve in the child, despite the fact that her features wouldn't stand out for another few years. But then, she had been conditioned to see Steve in all of his children, starting with the twins.

Maria's happiness quickly gradated into apprehension at Roy's question and she realized that he had no idea who Antoinette was. Neither of the twins did. She looked back to Brian, neutrality in every part of her expression except for her eyes. "Would you three mind leaving Roy and I here alone? I have some things that I'd rather explain to him in private," she requested.

Better stand tall when they're calling you out.
Don't bend, don't break, baby.
Don't Back Down.

User ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser ImagexxxUser Image

Interesting Prophet

User Image
User Image

User Image

Her arms were still wrapped around Howie tightly as she heard Stark’s response. Cory really did owe him a ‘thank you’, but that could wait until later on. Right now she had to focus on Howie, though he seemed alright for the moment. Still, she couldn’t overlook the bags under his eyes indicating the small amount of sleep the young boy had gotten last night once the uninjured civilians had been allowed to go back to their quarters for the night. Cory herself had gotten little sleep, but right now she had to be the responsible grown up and look after her adoptive brother. She would have to keep Howie and Stark’s first meeting short as much her brother would be disappointed by that.

Cory knew how their mother kept filling his head with the same heroic stories about Ironman and how his adoptive father would one day return. They were the same stories she had once told to Cory every night before bed. Those stories had only fueled Howie’s eagerness to finally meet Tony Stark as they had once done for Cory in childhood years long since past. Cory released her brother from the embrace as she heard his question and knelt before him. “Yes, but you must let me introduce you first and explain things to him. Can you promise me that, Howie?” Cory smiled once she had Howie’s word and stood. She placed an arm over Howie’s shoulders before telling JARVIS to open the door for them and he did. Cory and Howie exited the room and now stood before Tony Stark.

“Stark, I would like you to meet your adopted son: Howard Stark.” Cory introduced calmly, though she spoke softly, a very slight tremble in her voice. “Mom adopted Howie a few years ago.” She was suddenly very aware of the nervous knots in her stomach, which she hadn’t expected. It was true that she didn’t know how Stark would react to Howie, but she also had no reason to think that Stark might harm Howie in anyway. Yet, Cory found herself nervous for exactly that reason. She knew that not all men were like her ex-boyfriend, her current boyfriend being a perfect example. Though she could only blame the lingering psychological effects of the abuse she had gone through at the hands of Killian Jones…

User Image

{She's wearing: Comfy clothes}
                                                    {She's with: Howard & Tony Stark}
                                                    {Her location: SHIELD base, Howard's room Hallway}

User ImagexxUser ImagexxUser ImagexxUser ImagexxUser Image

Interesting Prophet

User ImageUser Image
User Image
[ outfit ] innocence

IndentLove? This beast knew nothing about love, though he spoke as if he had indeed known Hel. In the nights since being freed from his prison, his sister had mentioned nothing of a beast such as this. Therefore, he didn’t think twice as he refused to believe this creature on all that was said aside from the whereabouts of his beloved sister. Hel was still nowhere in sight, though he knew that the beast before him was likely being truthful. Then again, it was not wise to lie to Fenrir, whose wolf form could very likely rip this beast to shreds. Fenrir remained undaunted by the wretched beast’s words to him and even the slightest smirk graced his lips. Another ominous growl emanated from his throat as he still regarded the twin headed dragon. Fenrir would not be satisfied until his sister back where he could see her. As far as he was concerned, his sister had escaped one prison only to be put into another by the twin headed dragon before him.

“Protecting her? All you’ve done is imprison Hel again!” Fenrir sneered, glaring loathingly and focusing his bloodlust now at the dragon, who stood between him and one of his siblings. He didn’t care who’s blood he spilt today, Aesir or not as long as he once again had Hel by his side and in his sights. Never again would he loose them to anyone, including those who claimed to be protecting them. “My sister is more than enough of a match for that Vanir Witch any who stand with her. You’re actions alone speak volumes of a lack of respect for Hel’s skills as a warrior and a Queen.” His mortal form was far less intimidating than he liked and he doubted it would do much damage in a fight with Aesir and dragon alike. Without any hesitation, Fenrir closed his eyes and transformed into his wolf form, where the scars left by Gleipnir was visible along his massive canine body. The cracking of joints and shifting of bones was a short process and any pain or discomfort during the transformation, as usual, had gone unnoticed by the great wolf now standing before the dragon. “Release Hel before I force you to do so.”

One chance and one chance only would he give this creature. If the dragon failed to deliver, then Fenrir would release his bloodlust in full force up him.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
location :: New Asgard - Tower - outside the TowerxXxXx InfectedInnocencegavepermission xXxXx
company :: Hela, Erik Black-soul, The Other, Freyja, Gersemi, Hnoss, Sigyn, Vali & NarixXxXx InfectedInnocencegavepermission xXxXx
User Image

User Image

After the first call was made, the Brotherhood leader could only hope his contact would respond soon; it had been unlike them before to leave their calls unanswered, but after nearly three years had passed since he'd last contacted them, Erik couldn't be sure what to expect.

He didn't put the phone away immediately, however. There was still one more person he needed to speak with.

The others likely wouldn't think to inform Victor regarding Jones or the funeral that was to be held that day, guessing that the news would be of no concern to the other mutant. Lensherr himself had little to no expectation that Sabertooth would attend, but nonetheless, he needed to be informed of what had happened, and all that would soon happen next that Erik had yet to discuss with the others. Of all the Brotherhood mutants, Victor Creed was among those who'd fought beside him the longest, among those he trusted the most despite Creed's seemingly untrustworthy nature. Whatever happened next, he and the rest of the Brotherhood would need the wayward mutant's help.

Again the other line went unanswered, though in this case Erik was in no way surprised, or concerned for that matter. Victor would reply at his own convenience, but he would reply. “We've lost yet another of our mutant brothers to this war; there will be a service held for Killian Jones today. I need for you to return to the Tower, Creed. There are things we must discuss.” Erik thought for a moment to mention young Grace before he continued, knowing that of all of them, Creed's daughter was likely taking Jones' death the worst; Killian had few friends, even among the Brotherhood, but Grace had always been one. Unaware that both Grace and Victor had met face to face in yesterday's invasion, Erik did not think it any use to mention a daughter that Creed, as far as he was aware, knew nothing about. “The safety of the Brotherhood can no longer be guaranteed, so long as we remain here. If we intend to survive this war, the time to act is now.”

Erik set the phone away and retrieved his helmet just as he heard a knock at his door, followed immediately by his son's voice on the other side, informing them that they were leaving. He turned to leave the room, helmet tucked under one arm as he opened the door with the other, bringing him face to face with Pietro for a moment before he stepped past him, pulling the door shut by the heavy metal knob and turning the lock without touching either. “Of course,” he replied simply; “let us be going then.” At first glance the Lehnsherr seemed as stoic as ever; as their leader he was in no position to be anything less. But one didn't have to search too terribly hard to see the exhaustion and anger that wore at his expression. He'd never taken a loss of one of his own well, skilled as he'd always been at keeping it to himself.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

status: well | location: Stark Tower, New Asgard | company: No One

User Image User Image

- - - < - - - - - - - - << - - - - -
"I've been at the mercy of men just following orders.
Never again."
I am the Lady Sif, born a goddess and forged a warrior...
>>> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - >

User Image
Goddess Of War ...::: Sif Aridottir
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sif did not deign to mention that Hel's own power had not been so different, before the All-Father had bound her from such crimes. She'd once witnessed for herself the younger goddess' deathly touch, her terrifying ability to rend a soul so violently from its vessel without effort...

Still, there was no denying that the tale of this alleged god that lay dormant beneath Nifilheim itself, was an incredibly unsettling one to hear. Did Asgard know of this? Did the All-Father?

And to hear of another on Midgard as well. Grateful though she was for their help, Torjuuk's raised voice as he continued to speak did nothing for the war goddess' already dwindling patience with the elder being in particular, nor did his story of Colossian's personification of war. Sif had half the mind to inquire if she was meant to be impressed, that his people had condemned another realm to countless generations of endless violence and struggle, a realm she and the forces of Asgard were sworn to defend at that, for their own peace of mind; though she had no doubt her argument would fall upon deaf ears, in this case...

She would not have the chance, nonetheless; Sif finally turned away from Torjuuk's unwavering gaze, at first to watch Vixzakta as he returned to his smith work yet again, only to turn her attention from both of them completely as she spotted a familiar sight on the road leading to SHIELD's base. “Ryon-” she started under her breath, leaving the company of the two Colossi warriors and walking away at at quickened pace to meet her son as he approached. He wasn't alone, she could see immediately, though from such a distance she couldn't recognize either of the two that accompanied him, neither the one who walked down the road alongside him, or the second person he appeared to be carrying. Sif made it half way to Ryon's side before a fourth, oddly colorful being simply appeared in the road between them, a long table with an array of dishes and items on it materializing and stretching across the road to block their path. “Ryon!” The war goddess drew her sword immediately and quickened her pace; she'd never seen this odd fellow before, but if she had to guess, they were no ally to Midgard's rebels. Sif rushed to where the group stood, but nearly froze in her tracks when her son returned to her view, now realizing who it was he was carrying.

Loki?! How in the... She looked back up at Ryon without a word, confusion clearly written on her face. Dozens of questions crowded her mind, but she quickly put them aside; there was no time for such questions at that moment. The puzzled expression she wore was quickly replaced with one that promised bloodshed as she turned back to the odd man in the overly-colored garb; they certainly didn't look threatening, but there was something about them that spoke otherwise. She spared one brief glance at the suspicious table display before them, unsure of what it's purpose was meant to be, before looking to the strange man again. “These people have no quarrel with you this day, stranger; I suggest that you stand down and allow them to pass.” The war goddess did not think it wise to begin a fight there where none had yet started, but everything about her tone and her stance said that to intend harm on either her son or his companions would be a mistake.

- - - - - - - - - - - >>>> <<<< - - - - - - - - - - -
status: well | mood: wary/defensive | location: Outside Westchester Base | company: Ryon/Suzumi/Loki/Mad/Chester

User Image User Image

< - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - <<<
... I have been baptized in the tears of my enemies,
and their children's children fear my name.

Interesting Prophet

User Image

~ Time Travel Device ~ outfit ~ Location: New Asgard, Tower ~ Company: Dante ~ Current form ~ Codename: Damona ~

"Who am I?"
                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"That, my dear, is an excellent question."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Though not one easily answered."

Feeling Damon take her hand that had been playing with her hair into his, Maya turned her gaze to her mother. His fingers rubbed her hand comfortingly and spoke to her just like the mother that would raise her in the future. His tail wrapped around her wrist and her other hand stopped drumming the table before her. It was sort of silly how much she had missed that small little gesture since leaving her home in search for Dante. Maya really did hope that Damon would follow her advice regarding Enya, but her father could be rather stubborn, insisting that he knew what was best for Enya. She had a feeling her father wouldn’t heed her advice, even if Damon insisted that they should. Maya wanted so bad to tell Damon everything, but she held herself in check. She needed to preserve as much as the original timeline as possible.

She nodded when Damon seemed alright with them accidently answering his cell and then hanging up on Wanda. Maya was glad that her mother wasn’t upset by it… well, at least from what she could tell anyways. She always had trouble reading what other people were feeling, especially since she couldn’t hide her own feelings if her life depended on it. She was always wearing her heart on her sleeve as Livius kept telling her. He was her best friend back home, so she didn’t mind if he teased her every now and then. Damon’s tail fell from her wrist suddenly and Maya wondered what she had said for his tail to just drop away like that. Though a smile graced her mother’s lips and it confused her a bit, then again she had other more important things to deal with. Maya smiled hearing Damon’s comment as to why she had come back for Dante. “That is exactly why I couldn’t leave Roadrunner here.” Maya said and then shrugged, “Besides, you and dad taught me how important family is. It just felt right that I volunteer to go get Dante. I mean, I could have let Sebastian or Livius come instead, but they’re not as experienced as I am in dangerous situations. So I couldn’t let either of them come instead of me.”

Maya fell silent as her mind began to wander to the one person, aside from her father, who had objected to her taking this mission. Her smile faltered a bit and she looked away from Damon. It saddened her to remember that she hadn’t had the support of her secret boyfriend and prom date, but she had been the most qualified of the younger generation to go one this mission. Mrs. Summers had said things could end badly if one of the adults had gone back in time instead, which was why they had allowed Maya to accept the mission. She shook her head to clear it, “You should get back to Dad. He’s no doubt wondering where you are by now.” Maya said standing, “And I should get back to the Brotherhood floor before I get spotted. Also, you really should check your cell… I have a feeling that Gran– Wanda was trying to tell you something important.”

"What have I to fear?"
                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"Your heroes are scattered..."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"and I will not be bullied..."

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Quote:
German translation:
n/a

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items