8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Jagger-Wolf
GaijinGuy36
Jagger-Wolf
GaijinGuy36
You know, I've never been really heavily-pierced. Back in the day, maybe a year after 9/11 went down and I got out of the Army, I got a simple CBR in my left earlobe, just for a little something new. It hurt about as bad as getting a shot, and for the next few days, it felt like a low-level burning that did a slow fade down. I kept it good and clean, though, so it never got infected. But since it wasn't a threaded piercing, I never had any experience with the threads doing any harm as it was taken out and put back in...simply because once it was in, it stayed in. That is, until I got my current job at a local grocery store. Earrings on males aren't an acceptable part of the dress code, so, sadly, I had to take it out. I do miss it, though.
User Image

CBR's don't have threading, which is nice. The bead is held in by the pressure at the end of the ring itself. There are little dimples in the bead that the ends of the ring sit in, and it just chills out.

Most threading comes on horseshoe rings, flatback labret studs, and that sort of thing. It's odd to see threading of any kind on CBR's.

Yeah, I know that's what holds a CBR in place. it's nice and simple. My only problem was, I couldn't get that ring out by myself. Bad angle + sweaty fingers = one sore ear from the attempt. sweatdrop When I had to get my ring out, I went to a local piercing/tattoo shop and had someone pop the bead and remove the ring for me.
User Image

Starter jewelry is always on ridiculously tight, to make sure it doesn't fall off. If you can get it off yourself, your piercer didn't do it right. xd

Aha. Now I know. And I feel a little less like a goober. xd
GaijinGuy36
ll PS3 ll
this is a fail thread goths are athenist

athesist = epic fall at life

Athenist? I'm not even Greek! xd

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Archaic Legends
GaijinGuy36
ll PS3 ll
this is a fail thread goths are athenist

athesist = epic fall at life

Athenist? I'm not even Greek! xd

*Takes a bow*
Thankew, thankew! mrgreen

Tipsy Bloodsucker

5,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Poll time!

When it gets really hot, do you suck it up and still wear your big clunky boots, or do you opt for a more weather appropriate option?

I like a nice pair of slip on sneakers myself.

Eloquent Vampire

gas station bathroom
Poll time!

When it gets really hot, do you suck it up and still wear your big clunky boots, or do you opt for a more weather appropriate option?

I like a nice pair of slip on sneakers myself.
User Image

Depends on what I'm doing, and the kind of hot. Dry hot, yeah, I still wear my boots. Sticky, humid hot... okay, I still wear them. sweatdrop But I whine about sweaty legs and feet more often.
Yeah I tend to stick to boots in most kinds of weather :B
I do have plenty of high heels tho, but not really sandals or sneakers. Hmmmm.
I usually wear more summer-y shoes, because my big boots are actually snowboots I colored.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

I have tea with my demons,
Champagne with the scarier things.
There's something down there screaming,
There's something down there that sings.
I live in a house full of madness,
But it's got room for me too.

My big fancy boots are actually reserved for special occasions, like parties, dates, or RHPS, because they have 6-inch heels and I do a lot of walking most days.

I do have a pair or two of walking boots with only a couple inches of heel. I throw them on when I'm wearing a shorter(read: mid-calf to high-calf instead of floor to ankle) skirt, or on the one day every four years that I wear pants outside the house. I also have little brown boots with chunky 3.5 inch heels that I call my 'mud puddle boots', which I wear for steampunk events and when it's been raining. So most of winter. I need to get new insoles for them. After three years, they're finally starting to hurt my feet.

Most of the rest of the time I'm either barefoot or in flats. It hardly matters since in most of my clothes my feet are constantly concealed. I do sometimes take the shoes off and go around in socks. I can get away with boarding a bus in socks if I'm careful to not show my toes from under the hem of my skirt.

I just re-colored my little leather hush-puppies that are amazing and comfy and oh-so-evil-hippie with some watered-down acrylic paint. They're the kind of leather with a matte surface. I don't think it'd have worked with glossy leather.

Edited for condensation. Because I can really typetypetype about shoes, man.

I know all of my monsters,
By name.
Do you?

-Song: A. Lonsdale, Wednesday's Child

18,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
I wear my boots when I wear some thing that goes with them but usually when it is hot I wear my mules. It is so easy to slip them off my feet when I am sitting. smile

2,700 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Hygienic 200
OMG! I missed you guys so much. I finally back. I got a lot of catching up to do. How is everybody? smile

2,800 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
I wear creeper sneakers usually. In winter I'll probably just throw on my boots if I'm wearing a skirt.

Tipsy Bloodsucker

5,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
What's with all the goth/emo/punk/whateves threads popping up lately?
So, I’m just a quiet in-the-background sort of reader of this thread(that used to be “trolling” but now the terms changed a bit methinks). But I’m gonna float a question that might engender derision and contempt, but hey. What else do you get from the internet?

I’m looking for information on a specific type of clothing: a long loin-cloth like skirt to be work over jeans. I’ve seen them around, but I can’t for the life of me find an image, or remember where to find one other than… In this music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNAdtkSjSps

My questions are legion: is there a name for these? A particular place to buy them? And, most important to me, anyone know anything about constructing them on ones own? Because, frankly, it seems like a rather simple pattern, and I’m sorta cheap.

Anyway, hope I haven’t stepped out of line or on my own tongue in asking.

Tipsy Bloodsucker

5,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Kairan
So, I’m just a quiet in-the-background sort of reader of this thread(that used to be “trolling” but now the terms changed a bit methinks). But I’m gonna float a question that might engender derision and contempt, but hey. What else do you get from the internet?

I’m looking for information on a specific type of clothing: a long loin-cloth like skirt to be work over jeans. I’ve seen them around, but I can’t for the life of me find an image, or remember where to find one other than… In this music video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNAdtkSjSps

My questions are legion: is there a name for these? A particular place to buy them? And, most important to me, anyone know anything about constructing them on ones own? Because, frankly, it seems like a rather simple pattern, and I’m sorta cheap.

Anyway, hope I haven’t stepped out of line or on my own tongue in asking.

I didn't watch the whole video because the cat apparently didn't approve and kept attacking the screen, but I think it's just one of those long kilt things like this.
gas station bathroom

I didn't watch the whole video because the cat apparently didn't approve and kept attacking the screen, but I think it's just one of those long kilt things like this.

God, I LOVE utility kilts, but no: what i've been looking for it slit up to the hip, and all the one's I've seen have been floor-length. I seem to remember a lot of them in the 90's mall-goth scene. >_<

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff