Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eloquent Vampire

Silent Lotus
I have tea with my demons,
Champagne with the scarier things.
There's something down there screaming,
There's something down there that sings.
I live in a house full of madness,
But it's got room for me too.

If you find yourself in the vicinity of San Diego hit me up. I'm a: a fashion major with an eternal need for sewing ideas and people of various shape and size to sew for, b: a lifelong local with an intimate knowledge of the best thrift stores, a few odd ethnic and boutiquy shops and c: a desperately asocial freak who needs to get out more anyhow. By all means, if opportunity arises, give me an excuse besides school, work and friends I know from said places to leave my home. Please.

Also, the video has loaded a bit more. Oh dear gods, it's about the vamps. I do not mind the vamps. I have no beef with the vamps. I am really really irritated, and a little creeped out sometimes, by Nat-G's apparent weird and unhealthy fixation with the vamps. There are other semi-nocturnal subcultures with funny clothes and interesting/unusual hobbies. They don't need to spend nearly so much time sensationalizing /one/ of the /many/ kinds of odd ducks in the world.

...Though if I keep talking like that the fates will laugh and they'll decide it's a good idea to do a doc on Bats' Day and I'll never bee able to go to Disneyland in both a corset and a good mood ever again.

I know all of my monsters,
By name.
Do you?

-Song: A. Lonsdale, Wednesday's Child
User Image

If I send you measurements and ideas, you could make stuff for me anyway. 3nodding I would give you 100% creative license, just so long as it would fit.

I'm currently in Utah, so I'm not all that far from San Diego, if you think about it. But as of now, I don't think I'll be traveling there any time soon. sweatdrop

Fashionable Shapeshifter

We'll have to see eh? The new semester's about to start and I haven't got much going for fabrics at the moment, but it is definitely a good thought.

Do you know how to take dressmaker's measurements? A class I took last semester landed me with a very sexy computer program; it can make basic patterns to fit a given person with just that person's measurements. The pants part of the program is less than great, but it can make very nice shirt, skirt, dress and coat patterns which can then be adapted and altered either in the program or by hand. It's pretty cool.

And I just finished that clip. My grump is fading enough that I can say, yeah, that was a pretty poor piece of doc, but it is at the level that seems to be standard for such pieces. No better, but no worse, than most of the rest of its kind.

Still mad about brief, deeply inaccurate generalizations about not one but several complex subcultures being peddled to the general population as 100 % trufax but meh, you win some you lose some. The people who count won't care, they'll see that stuff and laugh at it with me.

By name.
Do you?

Eloquent Vampire

Silent Lotus

We'll have to see eh? The new semester's about to start and I haven't got much going for fabrics at the moment, but it is definitely a good thought.

Do you know how to take dressmaker's measurements? A class I took last semester landed me with a very sexy computer program; it can make basic patterns to fit a given person with just that person's measurements. The pants part of the program is less than great, but it can make very nice shirt, skirt, dress and coat patterns which can then be adapted and altered either in the program or by hand. It's pretty cool.

And I just finished that clip. My grump is fading enough that I can say, yeah, that was a pretty poor piece of doc, but it is at the level that seems to be standard for such pieces. No better, but no worse, than most of the rest of its kind.

Still mad about brief, deeply inaccurate generalizations about not one but several complex subcultures being peddled to the general population as 100 % trufax but meh, you win some you lose some. The people who count won't care, they'll see that stuff and laugh at it with me.

By name.
Do you?

User Image

I took some very detailed measurements when I ordered my last cosplay offline, so that's the best I got. I can send you whatever you need, and I will totally model for you and send you pics of what you make for me so you can add it to your portfolio or whatever it is you may need them for.

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Yeah, the Kiki is doing a most suggestive move thar...it's chuckle-worthy.

18,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
That vid was iritationg. Didn't listen to it but I did watch it and I did find it slightly irritating, probably would have been more irritating if I had listened to it hence why it was on mute. rolleyes People need to reasearch things in deepth before they do documentries. I do have to say some of those ouitfits I kinda liked.

Dapper Fatcat

comeon you guys page 3 shirelt we can do better than that

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Page 3? Wha? Complete sentences are your friends, Pika.

18,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
Yea, I agree with Gai the page 3 thing makes no sense.

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Oh, well. I guess it wasn't that important.

Good news, I recently found a used copy of the Sisters of Mercy classic 'A Slight case Of Overbombing' at The Exclusive Company for about $5. Plus, the case liner has a stamp and Sharpie writing, identifying that it used to belong to WLFM radio. Kinda cool touch, on top of an epic songlist. mrgreen

18,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200

6,600 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
This thread has been open for 2 years, isn't it time to get rid of the "Now Open" In the title? >.< Just saying..

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Black Fire Queen
Cool. smile

I thought so too. Not like it makes it a hugely valuable collector's item, since WLFM is just the local college's radio station, but it's just a fun extra.

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Ugh, the thread's dead.

Or should I say 'undead, undead, undead'? xd

18,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
Haha lol Good one Gai. I think everyone is busy with either work or classes. I know I whont be posting much because I have like 10 million essays to write for my classes. At some point I will get around to posting my halloween job pictures of me in my work costume but as mention very busy.
Oh my,It has been awhile...what's up?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces