Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Shapeshifter

I have tea with my demons,
Champagne with the scarier things.
There's something down there screaming,
There's something down there that sings.
I live in a house full of madness,
But it's got room for me too.

You're a lurker, then, Kairan? Don't worry too much about derision in here. If I can be forgiven my horrible communication skills I think you'll be fine as long as you don't, you know, say hurtful or downright moronic things.

I'm loading that vid you linked now to see about the skirt-thing. Oh, I think I see it. Good, it is what I thought it was gonna be.

Anyway. I think I've heard them called panel skirts, but that isn't strictly right because any skirt made of panels can be called that, open spaces or not. In any case, here's a link for you to instructions for a simple home-made one.

Burning Man Attendees who post costuming intsructables are awesome.

If you're any good on a sewing machine you can probably take this and get wherever you want to be with it. I intend to see what i can do with it myself one of these days when i have the time.

For the look in the vid, use a black gabardine or denim maybe? And instead of the straps being anchored, attach buckles to the back and adjustable belty-straps to the front? Just my thoughts.

I know all of my monsters,
By name.
Do you?

-Song: A. Lonsdale, Wednesday's Child

Tipsy Bloodsucker

5,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Kairan
gas station bathroom

I didn't watch the whole video because the cat apparently didn't approve and kept attacking the screen, but I think it's just one of those long kilt things like this.

God, I LOVE utility kilts, but no: what i've been looking for it slit up to the hip, and all the one's I've seen have been floor-length. I seem to remember a lot of them in the 90's mall-goth scene. >_<

Do you know how to mtake a bum flap? You could do something like that and modify it to how you want it.
gas station bathroom
Do you know how to mtake a bum flap? You could do something like that and modify it to how you want it.

That's an idea actually: I was thinking of modifying a skirt or making two seperate stips for front and back, then attaching them to a belt. If I ever get this done I'm making a wikihow.
Kairan

That's an idea actually: I was thinking of modifying a skirt or making two seperate stips for front and back, then attaching them to a belt. If I ever get this done I'm making a wikihow.

So... a panel skirt?
Bloodstained-Snow

So... a panel skirt?
Yes, I suppose that's one definition, though The sort of slit-to-hips/loin-cloth aspect of it is intrinsic in what I'm looking for.

Okay, so I finally had the time to read this whole post, and thank you for just saying they weren't totally foreign to you. Double thanks for the link!

And yes, lurker, I knew there was a web-base synonym that was eluding me.

I am, in fact, a dapper hand with a sewing machine, so I think I can make it up from a sketch given enough patience. While dapper with said sewing machine, I don't know fabrics very well(I'm a modifier, not a creator) so the denim or "gabardine" suggestion was very useful: I was thinking plain canvass, but something about that seemed both too immobile and too thin.

Totally tangential, but the attachment points are reminding me of those wrap-pants.
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs18/f/2007/221/5/b/how_to_put_on_wrap_pants_by_crazy_fae.jpg
Maybe I can make really airy light skirts to be worn with shorts in the summer. Hmmm.

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Kairan
Bloodstained-Snow

So... a panel skirt?
Yes, I suppose that's one definition, though The sort of slit-to-hips/loin-cloth aspect of it is intrinsic in what I'm looking for.

Sounds most hot. I'd love to have someone to wear something like that for me. wink

As for the footwear question, I go with either a good, sturdy pair of harness boots, or comfy sneakers. Whatever works better, weather-wise.
GaijinGuy36

Sounds most hot. I'd love to have someone to wear something like that for me. wink

As for the footwear question, I go with either a good, sturdy pair of harness boots, or comfy sneakers. Whatever works better, weather-wise.

I'll keep that former statement in mind, just in case I need to blackmail you in the future.

As for the latter: yeah, boots are good here. It's ice and snow and mush every other week till late May, I wear boots as a matter of personal safety for the Black Ice here is tricksy... I'm wearing holes in my old cheap goth boots(Oh yeah, bought um in high school and made of cardboard, but they have two inch platforms and good tread) so I need to invest in real ones soon. I'm looking at the Dr. Marten Diva series, but they're a few paychecks out for now. Le sigh.

As a side note, the only other boots I own are Uggs. I got them from a friend, they "reside" in the good-will bin, and for obvious reasons they will not be worn with this skirt.

8,900 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Kairan
GaijinGuy36

I'll keep that former statement in mind, just in case I need to blackmail you in the future.

As for the latter: yeah, boots are good here. It's ice and snow and mush every other week till late May, I wear boots as a matter of personal safety for the Black Ice here is tricksy... I'm wearing holes in my old cheap goth boots(Oh yeah, bought um in high school and made of cardboard, but they have two inch platforms and good tread) so I need to invest in real ones soon. I'm looking at the Dr. Marten Diva series, but they're a few paychecks out for now. Le sigh.

As a side note, the only other boots I own are Uggs. I got them from a friend, they "reside" in the good-will bin, and for obvious reasons they will not be worn with this skirt.

Blackmail? You're evil!

I like evil. twisted
It is the most fun of the moral alignment choices...

Tipsy Bloodsucker

5,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yeah I can't drive with shoes on so that kinda helps with why I'm not always booting up lol.

So my lovebug has gotten me to go to the gym. Do you still express your style at the gym or not give a ******** 'cause your there to exercise.

I don't dress to impress at the gym but some of my stuff (Misfits tote bag, for example) gives off what I like. I'm there to get my legs ready as I try to enter roller derby again, despite having arthritis in my left knee and hip.

Eloquent Vampire

gas station bathroom
Yeah I can't drive with shoes on so that kinda helps with why I'm not always booting up lol.

So my lovebug has gotten me to go to the gym. Do you still express your style at the gym or not give a ******** 'cause your there to exercise.

I don't dress to impress at the gym but some of my stuff (Misfits tote bag, for example) gives off what I like. I'm there to get my legs ready as I try to enter roller derby again, despite having arthritis in my left knee and hip.
User Image

All I ever really do is wear black. Black yoga pants, black white and silver running shoes, black tank top and black sports bra. I don't wear makeup when I go to work out, I see it as a waste of makeup if you're just going to sweat it off. I tie my hair up and not give two shits. talk2hand

I hate going to the gym though. I hate getting stared at, and having people always try to "help" me because they think I'm either new or incapable of reading the damn machine for myself.

Tipsy Bloodsucker

5,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Yeah I wear black short shorts and just a random fitted shirt. I have a chelsea now so I don't have to worry about my hair. I'll wear make-up to the gym sometimes but that's because when I make myself all pretty it helps motivate me, even if it will sweat off. I shower at the gym anyway so idc, lol.

Eloquent Vampire

gas station bathroom
Yeah I wear black short shorts and just a random fitted shirt. I have a chelsea now so I don't have to worry about my hair. I'll wear make-up to the gym sometimes but that's because when I make myself all pretty it helps motivate me, even if it will sweat off. I shower at the gym anyway so idc, lol.
User Image

*shudder* Showering at the gym... I don't even like showering at home without scrubbing the tub because of my roommate, soon to be roommateS.

I bought a $1 pair of flip flops just to wear to the gym, shower shoes, as the ex-boyfriend would say. No fungus of any kind for this one!!!

I would rather run around the neighborhood and take my semi-private lesson martial arts than go to the gym. I just don't like the atmosphere of most of them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff