Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rogue

Silent Lotus
Sooooo this isn't exactly goth lifestyle related except in that I am a goth whose lifestyle particulars include collecting creepy dolls, but I am parting with some of my creepy dolls to make room and funds for a new creepy doll(and maybe some new clothes). If you are interested in ball jointed dolls at all these might be worth a peek.

Here is a link for anyone who might want to take a look. I know a few of the regulars here back in the day were into these dolls too. Not sure if anyone around now cares though.

I am also considering doing traditional media sketches for people. Do you guys think I should offer pastels and charcoal, or ink maybe, or just stick to graphite? Does anyone here want sketches of things? I need a little practice before I offer up commissions somewhere, and am willing to try some simple ideas for samples for the low low price of your patience and indulgence. I'd love to do some spooky doodles for you guys, basically. Anyhow hit me up in a pm if you're interested in any of this nonsense I'm on about.

AND AS FOR ACTUAL GOTH LIFESTYLE STUFF please please tell me I am not the only person with Halloween decorations scattered throughout their home as year round decor. There's a gargoyle and a skeleton cat on my fridge and there are two skulls and a Halloween table runner in my living room. The throw on the living room chair is Nightmare Before Christmas themed. You can only tell when it's actually Halloween season up in here cause I bring out the life sized skeleton, pillows shaped like a pumpkin and skull, and the zombie cat to set on the couch.
I keep halloween stuff I've collected up all year too, it's not just you, I have a wreath my coworker made for me that is simply stunning that I bought for all year long decoration but I need to find a better home for it since we don't know where to put it in the apartment (my hubby says I have too much wall decor).

Here is the wreath:
User Image

And this cute little sign I keep up all year

User Image

ALSO! If you're doing Sketches I'd be happy to draw anything for you back, my media is copic pen and liner :> I'm curious what your art style is but if you're doing avatar art I'd be happy to draw a avatar of your choice as well. I'd love to see your style with what media you use. I can PM you for sure! We can art swap or if you need gold I can see about that too.

Edit: OMG THOSE DOLLS ARE ADORABLE!!

Rogue

echoing8whisper
Sooo how do you all feel know that in 18 days this entire thread will be 9 years old?

Funny how things work.....
Let's keep this thread strong!! emotion_dowant

Rogue

echoing8whisper
Hey, I've been very out of the loop on a lot of things the past few years...

Does anyone know of any good e-stores that are still open that sell lolita fashions? All my favorites are long dead crying
Funny enough I've been looking for shops for a friend who's goal is gothic lolita at this time. I'm not the biggest on the fashion myself but I did buy some lolita bloomers recently, and saved a few etsy stores as well.

This is the dress I found for my friend but I think it's outside her budget still sadly. :<

dress

The rest of that shop has some cute lolita dresses though. :> Maybe worth looking.

My friend who makes just lolita skirts with petticoats at this time also has a shop. She sells other mics stuff, but here is her shop to see her skirts.

angelic forest

Other than that I've been searching for other sites or suggestions on where to get affordable lolita stuff from :0 The struggle is real.

Rogue

Sweet Peppermint Tea
Rogue Pixels
I was looking up subcultures in general and was curious what I'd find and I laughed, Health Goth was a thing? I'm so confused. Like someone else explain this to me. :/

source

yum_tea I'd heard of a "health goth" trend before, but that term was in relation to spooky folks in yoga pants taking care of themselves and going to the gym. This article doesn't seem to describe anything similar to that, and there's some other questionable stuff in their descriptions, such as calling witch house a subcultural trend rather than just a new music genre that goths and/or pagans seem to enjoy more than others. "That guy on stage is wearing an ankh/pentagram necklace," does not a new subculture make.
Just saw your quote, yea the article seems cheap and is just a blog for fashion from what I can tell., I just questioned it and thought it to be weird? I know for me fashion is just one thing, but without really having the cornerstones of the music and other lifestyle elements there is to goth, it's just a whatever fashion. My opinion anyway.

Also, think I could ask for some pointers on Lolita Fashion? Do you still actively participate in that community?

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Rogue Pixels
I keep halloween stuff I've collected up all year too, it's not just you, I have a wreath my coworker made for me that is simply stunning that I bought for all year long decoration but I need to find a better home for it since we don't know where to put it in the apartment (my hubby says I have too much wall decor).

Here is the wreath:
User Image

User Image

ALSO! If you're doing Sketches I'd be happy to draw anything for you back, my media is copic pen and liner :> I'm curious what your art style is but if you're doing avatar art I'd be happy to draw a avatar of your choice as well. I'd love to see your style with what media you use. I can PM you for sure! We can art swap or if you need gold I can see about that too.

Oh my gosh that wreath is so pretty!

And lol. These samples are old but here is an ink linework and here is a graphite shaded ink drawing. This one is entirely ink including shading, but it's a bit messy.

Honestly with a little brushing up I can probably do better now.

Dolls: You want one? I kid. I know they're expensive af. I'm a little desensitized to it myself after buying several of them but I still pine and scrimp and save for each new love-at-first-sight. Hobbies, man. They'll eat all your pennies AND your spare time.

Rogue

Silent Lotus
Rogue Pixels

Here is the wreath:
User Image

User Image

Oh my gosh that wreath is so pretty!

And lol. These samples are old but here is an ink linework and here is a graphite shaded ink drawing. This one is entirely ink including shading, but it's a bit messy.

Honestly with a little brushing up I can probably do better now.

Dolls: You want one? I kid. I know they're expensive af. I'm a little desensitized to it myself after buying several of them but I still pine and scrimp and save for each new love-at-first-sight. Hobbies, man. They'll eat all your pennies AND your spare time.
I think your ink skills are really good! biggrin I need to do stuff today but I'll PM you about doing some avi art for me and I'll see what I can pay you.

I was gonna say, dolls like that are always expensive sadly :< But they're so pretty!

Also I'm so happy with the wreath! She custom made it for me and it wasn't even that much. :> $15 I think? She sells them every year but doesn't have an online store, which she should!! :0

Rogue

This baby doll pink dress makes me so happy, going to go out and get food with my mother in law and hubby since it's her birthday today too. Jacob says the cat skull makes him think I'm Elmyra from Tiny Tune Adventures lol. It adds to my charm.

User Image

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Rogue Pixels
This baby doll pink dress makes me so happy, going to go out and get food with my mother in law and hubby since it's her birthday today too. Jacob says the cat skull makes him think I'm Elmyra from Tiny Tune Adventures lol. It adds to my charm.

User Image

You look so cute! Have a good day!

As for the rest, yeah, sounds great. Haha, my inking skills are crazy rusty, but thank you.

And yeah those dolls are always kinda expensive, even the cheapest ones are pricey compared to similar sized dolls of other types. They're so nifty though. I wish I had the room, time and inspiration to keep these two but I've lost the flow on them and just cannot get back into them. I hope someone else wants them soon.

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
Rogue Pixels
Sweet Peppermint Tea
Rogue Pixels
I was looking up subcultures in general and was curious what I'd find and I laughed, Health Goth was a thing? I'm so confused. Like someone else explain this to me. :/

source

yum_tea I'd heard of a "health goth" trend before, but that term was in relation to spooky folks in yoga pants taking care of themselves and going to the gym. This article doesn't seem to describe anything similar to that, and there's some other questionable stuff in their descriptions, such as calling witch house a subcultural trend rather than just a new music genre that goths and/or pagans seem to enjoy more than others. "That guy on stage is wearing an ankh/pentagram necklace," does not a new subculture make.
Just saw your quote, yea the article seems cheap and is just a blog for fashion from what I can tell., I just questioned it and thought it to be weird? I know for me fashion is just one thing, but without really having the cornerstones of the music and other lifestyle elements there is to goth, it's just a whatever fashion. My opinion anyway.

Also, think I could ask for some pointers on Lolita Fashion? Do you still actively participate in that community?

yum_tea To tell the truth, I was never an active participant; I loved and still love the look of gothic and punk lolita, but my lifestyle was never conducive to buying or making those beautiful, elaborate clothes and wearing them everyday. Graphite and oil paint and shed fur from five different cats would kind of ruin the effect, yeah? But I still follow a few blogs that post promotional images for the latest collections, so while I'm not up on all the latest "rules" I can at least chat about some of the trends I've noticed. I don't know if that would be helpful to you, but ask away I guess?

Rogue

Lolita Skirt my friend made that I'm looking to get eventually! It's GORGEOUS!!!

User Image

She is willing to make my friend a Gothic lolita skirt too :>

Rogue

Ordered fabric for my friend to make a Gothic Lolita skirt. Gotta wait til tomorrow to get some lace trimming or I might just wait til the fabric arrives.

User Image

Rogue

I apologize, not goth specific but I will be getting some gothic lolita stuff soon.

Piecing together my Lolita outfit for the con in Oct.

Headband:
User Image

Lace shorts I ordered, they're very comfy
User Image

Lace shorts layered for perspective:
User Image

Will update when I get my blouse and skirt put together for the rest of the outfit, I'm excited since this is my first time exploring Lolita. I'm getting help from people who's been apart of the community and fashion for a while thankfully.

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Rogue Pixels
I apologize, not goth specific but I will be getting some gothic lolita stuff soon.

Piecing together my Lolita outfit for the con in Oct.

Headband:
User Image

Lace shorts I ordered, they're very comfy
User Image

Lace shorts layered for perspective:
User Image

Will update when I get my blouse and skirt put together for the rest of the outfit, I'm excited since this is my first time exploring Lolita. I'm getting help from people who's been apart of the community and fashion for a while thankfully.
Too cute! You must show off the finished look.

Rogue

Silent Lotus

I will! I get one of my two skirts tomorrow, my friend will be putting together the other skirt, and I should get my petticoat in a week or so. :> I'll need to get a headband that's more gothic however, I had to get a refund for the black lace one I got since it fell apart quickly. :< So I'm thinking I'll make one for what they are. Or shop Lace Market a bit for cheaper options. Unless people know of other options I should check out. :0

Rogue

Today's outfit. Gonna see a friend and get coffee <3

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out