Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hallowed Lunatic

Rogue Pixels
Silent Lotus
Sooooo this isn't exactly goth lifestyle related except in that I am a goth whose lifestyle particulars include collecting creepy dolls, but I am parting with some of my creepy dolls to make room and funds for a new creepy doll(and maybe some new clothes). If you are interested in ball jointed dolls at all these might be worth a peek.

Here is a link for anyone who might want to take a look. I know a few of the regulars here back in the day were into these dolls too. Not sure if anyone around now cares though.

I am also considering doing traditional media sketches for people. Do you guys think I should offer pastels and charcoal, or ink maybe, or just stick to graphite? Does anyone here want sketches of things? I need a little practice before I offer up commissions somewhere, and am willing to try some simple ideas for samples for the low low price of your patience and indulgence. I'd love to do some spooky doodles for you guys, basically. Anyhow hit me up in a pm if you're interested in any of this nonsense I'm on about.

AND AS FOR ACTUAL GOTH LIFESTYLE STUFF please please tell me I am not the only person with Halloween decorations scattered throughout their home as year round decor. There's a gargoyle and a skeleton cat on my fridge and there are two skulls and a Halloween table runner in my living room. The throw on the living room chair is Nightmare Before Christmas themed. You can only tell when it's actually Halloween season up in here cause I bring out the life sized skeleton, pillows shaped like a pumpkin and skull, and the zombie cat to set on the couch.
I keep halloween stuff I've collected up all year too, it's not just you, I have a wreath my coworker made for me that is simply stunning that I bought for all year long decoration but I need to find a better home for it since we don't know where to put it in the apartment (my hubby says I have too much wall decor).

Here is the wreath:
User Image

And this cute little sign I keep up all year

User Image

ALSO! If you're doing Sketches I'd be happy to draw anything for you back, my media is copic pen and liner :> I'm curious what your art style is but if you're doing avatar art I'd be happy to draw a avatar of your choice as well. I'd love to see your style with what media you use. I can PM you for sure! We can art swap or if you need gold I can see about that too.

Edit: OMG THOSE DOLLS ARE ADORABLE!!

OMG the wreath is so cuuuuuuute <3

Rogue

echoing8whisper
Rogue Pixels
Silent Lotus
Sooooo this isn't exactly goth lifestyle related except in that I am a goth whose lifestyle particulars include collecting creepy dolls, but I am parting with some of my creepy dolls to make room and funds for a new creepy doll(and maybe some new clothes). If you are interested in ball jointed dolls at all these might be worth a peek.

Here is a link for anyone who might want to take a look. I know a few of the regulars here back in the day were into these dolls too. Not sure if anyone around now cares though.

I am also considering doing traditional media sketches for people. Do you guys think I should offer pastels and charcoal, or ink maybe, or just stick to graphite? Does anyone here want sketches of things? I need a little practice before I offer up commissions somewhere, and am willing to try some simple ideas for samples for the low low price of your patience and indulgence. I'd love to do some spooky doodles for you guys, basically. Anyhow hit me up in a pm if you're interested in any of this nonsense I'm on about.

AND AS FOR ACTUAL GOTH LIFESTYLE STUFF please please tell me I am not the only person with Halloween decorations scattered throughout their home as year round decor. There's a gargoyle and a skeleton cat on my fridge and there are two skulls and a Halloween table runner in my living room. The throw on the living room chair is Nightmare Before Christmas themed. You can only tell when it's actually Halloween season up in here cause I bring out the life sized skeleton, pillows shaped like a pumpkin and skull, and the zombie cat to set on the couch.
I keep halloween stuff I've collected up all year too, it's not just you, I have a wreath my coworker made for me that is simply stunning that I bought for all year long decoration but I need to find a better home for it since we don't know where to put it in the apartment (my hubby says I have too much wall decor).

Here is the wreath:
User Image

User Image

ALSO! If you're doing Sketches I'd be happy to draw anything for you back, my media is copic pen and liner :> I'm curious what your art style is but if you're doing avatar art I'd be happy to draw a avatar of your choice as well. I'd love to see your style with what media you use. I can PM you for sure! We can art swap or if you need gold I can see about that too.

Isn't it? I told her she should make an online store because I know her stuff would be a hit!!

Hallowed Lunatic

Silent Lotus

Here is the wreath:
User Image

User Image

Isn't it? I told her she should make an online store because I know her stuff would be a hit!!

I'd buy one heart 3nodding heart

Rogue

Okay here is one of the skirts I got from my friend who owns Angelic Forest.

User Image

She doesn't have this print in her shop yet but only has two of this skirt, so I was happy to wear it around town today and advertise for my friend. She designed the print and had the fabric custom made. Same with the other two that are in her shop. :> She's gonna start working on my other skirt some time in the next couple weeks. I'll post pics with the petticoat once I get that as well.

Rogue

A Dose Of Bad Medicine
So recently I made this cute cape. I crocheted it from this pattern I bought and has skulls as a boarder. I also bought this cameo pin, glued it shut then sewed it on as a button. The collar can either stand up or go down depending on how you want to wear it.

Has anyone else made or altered their own clothing? Have any tips for altering clothing? Be nice to see goth go back to it's roots a bit as well (especially for those of us on a budget).
I've had to alter stuff from time to time due to sizing issues honestly. I thrift everything too which makes things on a budget easier.

I'd say that if you're altering things like clothing, thrift your stuff and go cheap, so it's not too out of pocket. With you explaining the cape and cameo (are you going for more victorian by chance?), I'd invest in trims like lace or what not since they're easy to sew to make clothing details a bit more dainty.

I'm currently doing some like this now since I'm working on both a sweet lolita and gothic lolita outfit for a con, and lots of blouses are too small on me. so I was gonna just find a blouse that fits in the bust and add lace to the collars and cuffs to make the blouse seem more lolita like with the skirts I'll be wearing.

Rogue

Thrifted a better looking top for the sweet lolita skirt.

User Image

Blouse from Value Village and the lace layer under it(since the top had a gap in the chest area) from my work in apparel.

Rogue

Newest additions to my Lolita collection:

Details:
Blouse: Thrifted at a store called Blast of Vintage in my town
Skirt: made by Angelic Forest
Fabric for skirt: Bought separately from NoirRandomTreasures
Socks: Sockdreams of course!!

User Image

Fashionable Shapeshifter

Rogue Pixels

Details:

User Image

That skirt turned out super cute! And I love the blouse.

Rogue

Another blouse to go with the skirt, also thrifted

User Image

Rogue

Silent Lotus
Rogue Pixels

Details:

User Image

That skirt turned out super cute! And I love the blouse.

Thanks! She's making a head accessory too, I'll post it when she's done! :>

Rogue

Sock Dreams are the best for socks I swear!!

User Image

Naughty Veteran

24,675 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
Rogue Pixels

User Image

Thats so cute^_^

Rogue

Amens
Rogue Pixels

User Image

Thats so cute^_^
Aww thanks! emotion_kirakira

Rogue

Wanted to share my find at the vintage shop in my town. I found this awesome dress for only $10! I'm thrilled to find anything cute that fits me in that store!!

User Image

With shrug:

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out