Did you miss me?

Im baaaccckkk 0.38181818181818 38.2% [ 168 ]
Bitches 0.61818181818182 61.8% [ 272 ]
Total Votes:[ 440 ]

Eloquent Vampire

oXCaddie_DeVilleXo
Jagger-Wolf
oXCaddie_DeVilleXo
^ Exactly! I'd rather feel like people are staring/judging me based on my modifications, rather than all the things I hate about myself.

So, forgot my retainers XD sans-balls today which is creepy looking. New manager is an arrogant p***k. He "doesn't know about my tattoos" he thinks they're "going to offend somebody". Tthat's cool, he doesn't have to like them. The problem: he didn't confront me about them, oh no! He told this to a co-worker. I can't stand that in the work place. If youu have a problem with me...TELL ME.
Seriously. Boyfriend dealt with something similar just yesterday; managers having issues but not confronting him directly about it. It's such a low and childish thing to do. Don't be an a*****e about it, but tell ME directly rather than telling everyone else behind my back. I absolutely cannot stand that s**t.
The managers here are nowhere need qualified to be in the position. They can't handle employee issues properly. I've already been given the okay by higher levels than him to cuff my sleeves in the summer outside, and until I get a standard tie, it's in the policy that my top button be undone while wearing the scarf. Can't wait until he see's all my jewelry in!
In my working experience, most managers are not qualified to be in the position. It's all in who you know and who you blow. It has NOTHING to do with your actual work history, work ethics, how well you even do the job, or anything else.

I've seen people who would make incredible managers get passed over because someone else was friends with the management team. The friend had ZERO qualifications and couldn't even do her existing job properly, yet was promoted to management over others with more seniority, more qualifications, and was even more well-liked than the friend. Has happened to me more than once, that's for sure. Just because I'm not "friends" with the managers outside work that means I'm not good enough for the job.

Long story, but it even got to the point that because I even applied for the job rumors were spread about me around the work place. The one who ended up being promoted was the one who started the rumors. scream

Tipsy Explorer

And these managers are "grown a** men". The new one is newly promoted and thinks he was "owed that position". He has no idea what he's in for at this location. My mods should be the least of his worries. I have the highest customer service rankings anyway, obviously people aren't offended.

Eloquent Vampire

oXCaddie_DeVilleXo
And these managers are "grown a** men". The new one is newly promoted and thinks he was "owed that position". He has no idea what he's in for at this location. My mods should be the least of his worries. I have the highest customer service rankings anyway, obviously people aren't offended.
Oh god that's the WORST type of manager. Then they lord their "power" over everyone and turn into even bigger assholes. ********, here's hoping he gets over that s**t pretty quickly.

Tipsy Explorer

Jagger-Wolf
oXCaddie_DeVilleXo
Oh god that's the WORST type of manager. Then they lord their "power" over everyone and turn into even bigger assholes. ********, here's hoping he gets over that s**t pretty quickly.
Or gets hit by a car emotion_awesome

Eloquent Vampire

oXCaddie_DeVilleXo
Jagger-Wolf
oXCaddie_DeVilleXo
Or gets hit by a car emotion_awesome
Seriously.

On a more positive note, HT scarring on conch is GONE! There's a tiny bit on the back still, but I kind of expect it to take longer since it's harder to soak, dab on TTO, is always in contact with my hair, etc. But the front is clean and neat again. Yay! blaugh

Bashful Strawberry

I'm getting my nipples pierced this month. It's happening. Juss sayin'.

Eloquent Vampire

So an Ulta opened up in town about 2-3 weeks ago. For those unaware, Ulta is a big makeup store, like Sephora.

Anyway, I was all excited to go in and check it out since I had a coupon and I was like "FINALLY! No more drug store-only makeup! I can finally start getting the good stuff again!" So I go in all expectant... and 3/4 of the makeup they offer is drug store brands.

L'oreal, Revlon, Cover Girl, Mabeline, Almay, all the stuff I could get in the grocery store or drug store, but here it's twice the price. There were a bunch of drug store brand hair products, appliances, hair colors, nothing that I couldn't get cheaper at the drug store. I was SO PISSED.

There was a little bit of Urban Decay tucked in the back, little bit of Stila, little bit of Bare Essentials, but that was it. The prices were a JOKE. They wanted $31 for Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer. 31 ******** dollars. For the regular size. It wasn't extra huge, it wasn't anything special or special edition or anything, just the standard, everyday primer they've been selling forever. I was floored.

I wanted Makeup Forever. I wanted NARS. I wanted stuff that I CAN'T GET IN THE ******** DRUG STORE. If I wanted drug store brands, I'd go there. I go to Ulta to get stuff I can't get there, but all you're going to offer me is drug store brands at twice the drug store price?

I don't see this Ulta being successful in this town, if they keep going this way. They are out of their goddamn minds, or just hoping the people in this town don't know any better than to check prices online. By the way, I can get that eyeshadow primer off Amazon for about $13 - $20, with Free Super Saver shipping.

In other news, I've ordered some Manic Panic Virgin White pressed powder makeup off Amazon for my Death costume. More expensive than I was hoping, but everywhere was sold out, even Manic Panic's website was out. So I had to go with a different Amazon seller and spend about $4 more, but I forgot I had $4 left on a e-gift card from Christmas, so it evened out in the end. I also ordered my ankh so once it gets here, Death costume is complete!
Jagger-Wolf
So an Ulta opened up in town about 2-3 weeks ago. For those unaware, Ulta is a big makeup store, like Sephora.

Anyway, I was all excited to go in and check it out since I had a coupon and I was like "FINALLY! No more drug store-only makeup! I can finally start getting the good stuff again!" So I go in all expectant... and 3/4 of the makeup they offer is drug store brands.

L'oreal, Revlon, Cover Girl, Mabeline, Almay, all the stuff I could get in the grocery store or drug store, but here it's twice the price. There were a bunch of drug store brand hair products, appliances, hair colors, nothing that I couldn't get cheaper at the drug store. I was SO PISSED.

There was a little bit of Urban Decay tucked in the back, little bit of Stila, little bit of Bare Essentials, but that was it. The prices were a JOKE. They wanted $31 for Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer. 31 ******** dollars. For the regular size. It wasn't extra huge, it wasn't anything special or special edition or anything, just the standard, everyday primer they've been selling forever. I was floored.

I wanted Makeup Forever. I wanted NARS. I wanted stuff that I CAN'T GET IN THE ******** DRUG STORE. If I wanted drug store brands, I'd go there. I go to Ulta to get stuff I can't get there, but all you're going to offer me is drug store brands at twice the drug store price?

I don't see this Ulta being successful in this town, if they keep going this way. They are out of their goddamn minds, or just hoping the people in this town don't know any better than to check prices online. By the way, I can get that eyeshadow primer off Amazon for about $13 - $20, with Free Super Saver shipping.

In other news, I've ordered some Manic Panic Virgin White pressed powder makeup off Amazon for my Death costume. More expensive than I was hoping, but everywhere was sold out, even Manic Panic's website was out. So I had to go with a different Amazon seller and spend about $4 more, but I forgot I had $4 left on a e-gift card from Christmas, so it evened out in the end. I also ordered my ankh so once it gets here, Death costume is complete!

ALL Ultas are 3/4 drugstore brands, it's what the company is meant to be, kind of almost like a giant makeup warehouse but without the bulk pricing.
It's similar to Sephora but it's for mostly lower end brands.
Sephora is exclusively higher end brands.
And all high end products sold at Ultas aren't drastically different from the prices on the brand's website, or at least they shouldn't be.
If you compare prices on the Ulta website to the prices on brand specific websites, they're supposed to be about the same.
You can't expect high end makeup to be cheaper at Ulta, it just won't happen that way because it's corporate, whereas Amazon can be individual sellers that sell at whatever price they choose.
Are you 100% positive you were looking at the eyeshadow primer?
Because on the UD website, the complexion primer is $31, so that may have been what you saw, whereas the eye primers are between $20-30.

As for drug store brands, you're better off checking at the online Ulta prices and comparing to the in store prices before going in to buy anything.
It may be that things are cheaper in Utah and thus will be cheaper in a regular drugstore than it is from Ulta, but typically the prices of items in Ultas across the country are going to be about the same.
In California, everything is pricey, and often times Ulta had much better deals than drugstores or Target or wherever.
It also depends on the sales going on within the store, so that's why you look at the flyers to get an idea of what is worth grabbing or not.

Ulta does not carry all high end brands.
Make Up For Ever, NARS, that sort of thing is Sephora only, sorry.
Ulta carries UD, BareMinerals, Benefit, Stila, and a few others because the high end brands are not the main focus of what Ulta is supposed to be.

Eloquent Vampire

LUX AURUMQU3

Not the one I had in Seattle. It had some drug store stuff, but wasn't nearly this bad. It had a lot more higher end stuff, it had Makeup Forever. It had DermaBlend. I got both of them there several times because we didn't have a Sephora for the longest time; it was only in the last 3 years or so my neighborhood in Seattle got a Sephora, with the huge mall remodel that gave it twice as many stores as it had before, maybe even three times more, and a second story. I am really sad they don't have DermaBlend at this Ulta, they've come out with some new products I want to try and my setting powder is basically gone.

Ulta's website wanted about $20 for the primer, Urban Decay's website was the same. Didn't check shipping prices. It was the eyeshadow primer, I triple checked to make sure it wasn't something else and I was mistaking it. The label on the shelf just below the boxes said "Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer. $31."

If I want to buy drug store brands, I'll go to the drug store because I always get coupons in the mail, from the store and the manufacturer, so I can stack the coupons to save even more. Ulta wanted $12 for a Cover Girl mascara I always get from the drug store, who wants $7, or about $5.50-ish when it's on sale. With good coupons, I can get it for about $3.50.

I guess I just had higher expectation for it. I know it's brand new, hell, it only opened it's doors either early this week or late last week, so things will adjust and change and get better as they settle in. But still... damn it.

5,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Profitable 100
hooooly crap balls i haven't been on here in AGES.

how is everyone?
Jagger-Wolf
LUX AURUMQU3

Not the one I had in Seattle. It had some drug store stuff, but wasn't nearly this bad. It had a lot more higher end stuff, it had Makeup Forever. It had DermaBlend. I got both of them there several times because we didn't have a Sephora for the longest time; it was only in the last 3 years or so my neighborhood in Seattle got a Sephora, with the huge mall remodel that gave it twice as many stores as it had before, maybe even three times more, and a second story. I am really sad they don't have DermaBlend at this Ulta, they've come out with some new products I want to try and my setting powder is basically gone.

Ulta's website wanted about $20 for the primer, Urban Decay's website was the same. Didn't check shipping prices. It was the eyeshadow primer, I triple checked to make sure it wasn't something else and I was mistaking it. The label on the shelf just below the boxes said "Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer. $31."

If I want to buy drug store brands, I'll go to the drug store because I always get coupons in the mail, from the store and the manufacturer, so I can stack the coupons to save even more. Ulta wanted $12 for a Cover Girl mascara I always get from the drug store, who wants $7, or about $5.50-ish when it's on sale. With good coupons, I can get it for about $3.50.

I guess I just had higher expectation for it. I know it's brand new, hell, it only opened it's doors either early this week or late last week, so things will adjust and change and get better as they settle in. But still... damn it.

That's weird, I've never heard of Ulta carrying MUFE, but I know they do have Dermablend.
The website has almost every brand on it, and MUFE isn't on there.
I know Zoya nail polish is carried in most (if not all) Ulta stores, but because it can only be bought from the Zoya website online, it's not on the Ulta website.
But MUFE is on the Sephora website, as well as the MUFE website, so it should be on the Ulta website.

Did the primer say anything about professional on it?
That's the last thing I could think of, since those are $30 online.
Regardless, I don't think they're supposed to be charging more for a higher end brand's products.

I've always loved the Ulta I had in my town, but that really sucks balls that your's is so lame.
Maybe try contacting corporate about how overpriced it is?
Perhaps this store is mispricing their stuff, either intentionally or not.

Playful Player

10,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Craaaaaaving new ink.

Maybe for Christmas if I'm good this year.

How is everyone else doing? :] User Image

Eloquent Vampire

LUX AURUMQU3
Jagger-Wolf
LUX AURUMQU3

That's weird, I've never heard of Ulta carrying MUFE, but I know they do have Dermablend.
I know Zoya nail polish is carried in most (if not all) Ulta stores, but because it can only be bought from the Zoya website online, it's not on the Ulta website.
But MUFE is on the Sephora website, as well as the MUFE website, so it should be on the Ulta website.

Regardless, I don't think they're supposed to be charging more for a higher end brand's products.

I've always loved the Ulta I had in my town, but that really sucks balls that your's is so lame.
Mine might have been special because it was the only makeup store forever before Sephora went in, and there was a demand for stuff like that. I never really thought to ask, but they were 3/4 professional/non-drug store makeup, hair appliances, etc.

Nope, it was the standard, regular, run of the mill primer. I thought it might have been something special which is why it would be so expensive, but nope, it was the regular every day stuff.

I'll let them get settled for a few months before I really get upset. I do understand that new stores, of any type, take a while to get settled, get everyone trained, figure out the local economy and price range and adjust accordingly. If they're still like this come, say, February, long after any gift-giving holidays, then I'll be really mad.
Jagger-Wolf
LUX AURUMQU3
Jagger-Wolf
LUX AURUMQU3

Mine might have been special because it was the only makeup store forever before Sephora went in, and there was a demand for stuff like that. I never really thought to ask, but they were 3/4 professional/non-drug store makeup, hair appliances, etc.

Nope, it was the standard, regular, run of the mill primer. I thought it might have been something special which is why it would be so expensive, but nope, it was the regular every day stuff.

I'll let them get settled for a few months before I really get upset. I do understand that new stores, of any type, take a while to get settled, get everyone trained, figure out the local economy and price range and adjust accordingly. If they're still like this come, say, February, long after any gift-giving holidays, then I'll be really mad.

When I say professional, I mean it's a size, and it says so on the packaging.
It's not a special formula, just a professional kit size.
But yeah, that's weird.
I'll be really surprised if they keep the prices like that even into the next month.
They'd be really ******** dumb to do so.
Then again, this is Utah we're talking about... lol

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
The Ulta by me if like a mix of drugstore and high end. I say like 45% drugstore 55% high end stuff. Ulta is a fantasy. Seriously I got a huge rush being in there! Then again that might have been from sniffing all the perfumes haha!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff