Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wintar's King

Daring Traveler

dashingly
User Image

Tried to address a few things - is this any better? Also, I changed the overflow property so that the scroll bar appears on hover. c:

TBE

@ Rater - Ignore me, rate above person. c:

Kim Jong-Chill
dashingly

I love this so much
It like how minimalist it is, there really isn't that much I could suggest really other than adding little elements to it that make it a bit more interesting, and see what works and what doesn't, maybe add a little transition effect to the hover over the links or the main section of it, or an animation on your avi? Also maybe add a little scrollbar to the "Favorite Movies/Anime" section, I only realised it scrolled down after seeing the bottom line of text cropped. Maybe check out some css animations?
Also I don't like how sign out | report this profile on the top layers over your art, maybe pull that down a bit maybe? Idk how that'll look though. I'll still give it a 10/10

@rater: idk where I'm going with my profile rn tbh, I finally got the clouds to layer over one another and go at different speeds, but now I can't figure out how to layer the dumb animation UNDER the tabs so the hitbox thing on it is messed up. I feel the tabs layout is a bit overdone too idk.... any suggestions? Should I change the tabs to something more minimalist? Should I add a vertical column / graphics in the center to layer behind the tabs? Should I forgo the tabs all together and just make something a bit more minimalist? (little about me window and a couple buttons) and add in a snowing animation and keep the clouds too to make it a bit more interesting?

Just ideas. I need some suggestions tbh.

I just saw that yeah ((: it looks much better imo
I'd consider getting a custom scrollbar instead of keeping the basic browser one btw
otherwhise it looks great

@rater: skip me

Kim Jong-Chill

User Image

I've actually been meaning to! Just haven't found any comprehensive guides, yet.

@Rater - Helixir is the person you're looking to rate & quote c:

Sir Fharlanghn's Princess

dashingly

User Image

I've actually been meaning to! Just haven't found any comprehensive guides, yet.

@Rater - Helixir is the person you're looking to rate & quote c:

Here
But I think you already found it? xD

Anyways 9/10 love the cute minimalistic profile
I just finished revising my profile code. Boop

@ Rater - quote me please c:

Seasonal Gaian

dashingly

I love it! It feels so balanced and cute! I really love the white contrast against the pixel background!

- - -
@Rater
My profile is pretty bland and minimalistic redface

Beloved Darling

Ramfeezled
@Rater
My profile is pretty bland and minimalistic redface

8/10

Love the profile art and your use of text shadow. I'm surprised your Youtube URL still works like that considering all the problems we had with copyrights before. I always loved the simplistic look of it. (And omg, a Ghibli fan.)

I think it would be great if you could make the text style from your header match that of your panel headers, same size and letter-spacing if you will.

Just an idea; instead of making the contact panel like that, consider making a custom panel that displays all the links as if they were in a single panel header (or maybe three of them?) and make them clickable from there. I actually expected them to be links when I hovered over them.

Otherwise; good work!

Prismatic Unicorn

76,950 Points
  • Fairy bread fancier 500
  • Just A Regular User 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
Confelicity
I'm surprised your Youtube URL still works like that considering all the problems we had with copyrights before. I always loved the simplistic look of it.

I'm not sure if it's because I'm Australia and the stuff you guys have trouble with would be blocked for me anyway or I just have an obscure enough taste in music, but I've never run into issues with my personal choices of music and the AS2 player (I wouldn't ever suggest it for a user asking for media help or style that way for a profile commission I was doing though because I know that there are issues, I just don't seem to have them personally). I love the AS2 player, AS3 + Gaia's URL restrictions is so bland.

Regarding your profile, it's an attractive minimal style which really conjures up the feeling of the bar but you do have a usability issue in that the bottom of your panels is cropped off if the height of the window is too small (I lose the bottom if I don't have my window full screen or open up the Style Editor on my 136x x 76x resolution (I can never remember the exact numbers, who made this weird size standard anyways?)). I think you'd have to recode your tabs using a different method to fix the issue though. sweatdrop I love the use of before and after pseudos to personalise your content! 8/10
Overall, I enjoy the simplicity to this profile. It's pretty cute with all the clouds and pastel colors also. Works really well with the avi, too.

@Rater - quote me please. I'd appreciate suggestions, as well. c:

kutely's Fav

Informer

dashingly
Overall, I enjoy the simplicity to this profile. It's pretty cute with all the clouds and pastel colors also. Works really well with the avi, too.

@Rater - quote me please. I'd appreciate suggestions, as well. c:

boy, simple is best
and your profile is the bomb

Sir Fharlanghn's Princess

dashingly

@ Rater - quote me please c:

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

Kind of skipped me there like 124234 times with all the chatting

@sqwds - 6/10 your profile is very scary xD
jk it is quite plain tbh
but the hover background thing was a nice creepy touch

♡ ♥ ♡ ♥

chinkeroo's Princess

Friendly Bunny

10,475 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Not bad! 8/10. It looks great, but I don't really like the youtube bar at the bottom of a profile, thats just my preference. Its just probably due to my own tastes and likings. Its a good profile though!
6/10 - pretty simple, which I like. The text is a little hard to read. Also, the credits point out there was art in the profile, so I started looking for it, but I think it's some old code, maybe? lol Still, I love that it's not cluttered (like most profiles) and all.

I Choromatsu I

@ Rater - Quote me.

Saxy Coder

▧▧▧ ♬ ▧▧▧
dashingly
8 / 10

Good Stuff:
  • Nice, clean, minimalist look
  • Good color scheme
  • Varied use of CSS properties which works together to form a coherent theme
  • Somewhat clean and organized code, though it could probably be condensed a bit more

Suggestions for improvements:
  • Transitions: You have 0.3s, 2s, 0.5s, and possibly some other timings which I missed. While variety isn't bad, it creates a sort of awkward mismatch when some things transition quickly and others do so slowly. The major thing which bothered me about this is how your #columns had a really short transition and then your links had rather long ones.
    On the topic of transitions, you might want to apply the transition property to the base state of "img", not "img:hover" -- applying it to the :hover state makes the transition back to the default state into 0s (sudden).
  • Scrollbars: May I suggest just making them appear by default, since you already have them styled to look pretty?
    The way they bump content when appearing is a little annoying
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

• Wishlist: Minor bug fix -- this removes the wishlist sparkles (since they're mis-aligned) and gets rid of the nasty little Equipped List panel which pops up when you click on an item
.premium_sparkle, #avatar_menu+div+div, #footer~script[src*='blockedimage']~script+script+div[style*='display']~div, noscript+script+script+noscript+div[style*='display']~div {display: none;}

Sorry for the wall of text gonk I like giving people thorough feedback, since I'm usually looking for it myself

▧▧▧▧▧▧▧

Hellraiser

Lady Saxophone

10/10

heart very awesome background matches the avi, and easy to figure out! heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items