Welcome to Gaia! ::

Savvy Cub

HAGD
Lyichi
LatinBsnDude
1) I do not think my profile is perfect.
2) Perhaps I was butt hurt (hence my "salty" come back). I was having a great day, threw back some beers, and coded my profile out of love while listening to Nyan Cat. I think that if you're going to rate 5/10 for such a profile, you should be exhaustive in your rationale.
3) Everyone can improve always...

You can't please everyone so don't get upset over a little rating. I just felt that it's a 5 out of 10, so what? I don't have much else to say about it.

HAGD
the profile is quite clever. and therefore i assume you didnt make it? the contact buttons are very nice. you should distinguish them from your username imo - i almost missed the buttons and the only reason i noticed them is because i was being a critical douchebag examining every letter

heres some things i think u could do to quickly improve the profile
-make a clear distinction between your username/contact so u dont have to freaking clarify that those are contact buttons at the start of ur about me
-change that god damn font family
-add more links, and make more uniform/attractive texts for your links "Img: me irl" is not an attractive combination of characters especially when its directly above "Art By: erfefd". i recommend something like "self photograph" or even "selfie", "portrait", etc... and for the art thing you should just do "avatar art" or something, and have the credits be apparent as a watermark on the avi art. also the fact that you put your kik contact info within your links proves that this was ad hoc and probably not a good idea. its not a good thing to just shove things where ever they fit; your kik info needs its own spot and that spot needs to make sense

tldr attractive but has noob mistakes

What makes you assume that? 4laugh
I might change the way the username looks, but I didn't put that thing in my about me for the purpose of clarifying that they're buttons, I just kinda did. sweatdrop
Courier is personally one of my favourite fonts so I'll leave it as it is.
The side-bar is meant to be a catch-all area, but I removed my skype and other contact info, so the kik looks lonely. I'll probably also remove it since I don't even use kik anymore.
The 'me irl' thing is actually a joke between my friends and I that we find funny. The feedback on the sidebar's formatting seems to just be your nitpicking so y'know... I'll also leave it as it is.

Thanks for taking the time for an elaborate feedback. blaugh

TNP: skip me
so basically you just said "i know its ugly, but _________"

there should be no excuses neutral

I like how she couldn't say why my profile deserves a 5/10. Perhaps she really just doesn't like it. That would be unprofessional of a coder to say though. I have disliked plenty of profiles, however, I give critique rather than a plain "this is crap". Or perhaps she is just upset that I've shot down advice she's given in lieu of more sane advice.
By the way: nice buttons, bro. ^^

Lonely Cultist

I don't like the music and the request icons are too large and kind of take over the profile. the rest nice but the text should be a bit smaller imo.

6/10

Savvy Cub

Mr Droom
I don't like the music and the request icons are too large and kind of take over the profile. the rest nice but the text should be a bit smaller imo.

6/10

Your profile is unrateable with my profile rubric because it's so basic. At best, I can give it a 3/10. My rubric would have yielded a 6 or 7 but that's mostly because at least your profile isn't an eye sore.
Try your hand at real coding. I literally messaged my coding colleagues and exclaimed the centerpiece would be giant buttons (yes, those were on purpose. Can YOU code those?!). Also, I like my font but if you make it smaller, it becomes increasingly illegible (that loses me points in my rubric).

Liberal Bloodsucker

7,125 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
LatinBsnDude
I quite enjoy your profile. For the sake of fairness and on account of a big pet peeve of mine, I'm going to rate it according to its intent/direction. That being said, it makes me happy.

My reasonable side says: 8/10
Objectively: 7.5/10

I get that it's supposed to be pixelated according to the theme, but your wallpaper looks somewhat stretched out and blurry. Maybe you could find a high-res version? I can't really think of a work-around. Speaking of direction (I'm just curious), why did you decide to make your contact buttons so large? I'm sure there are better ways to fill that space they currently occupy, and contribute to the profile as a whole.

Otherwise, it's really good. Despite how inconsistent it is in certain areas, it's apparent that both the concept and composition were well thought-out. Your profile comes together really well. =D

As for mine—I pulled an all-nighter for this one. Put in a lot of effort and detail while staying true to my bold and minimalist agenda. I hope you like it. ^^

Savvy Cub

GrateGal
LatinBsnDude
I quite enjoy your profile. For the sake of fairness and on account of a big pet peeve of mine, I'm going to rate it according to its intent/direction. That being said, it makes me happy.

My reasonable side says: 8/10
Objectively: 7.5/10

I get that it's supposed to be pixelated according to the theme, but your wallpaper looks somewhat stretched out and blurry. Maybe you could find a high-res version? I can't really think of a work-around. Speaking of direction (I'm just curious), why did you decide to make your contact buttons so large? I'm sure there are better ways to fill that space they currently occupy, and contribute to the profile as a whole.

Otherwise, it's really good. Despite how inconsistent it is in certain areas, it's apparent that both the concept and composition were well thought-out. Your profile comes together really well. =D

As for mine—I pulled an all-nighter for this one. Put in a lot of effort and detail while staying true to my bold and minimalist agenda. I hope you like it. ^^

Your ratings are almost identical to mine. I have a rubric that I put together. On my rubric, my profile scores between 88-92 depending on how you decide to score the font/background/buttons/YouTube player (I think the font itself is troublesome) and I personally am self-deprecating... I rate my profile a 7/10 personally. emo
The contact buttons are so large because the beginning of the concept was "What if I make a profile with just a height:100% 'Add to friends' button and Nyan Cat playing in the background?" They're supposed to mimic the stars in the background. I did find other backgrounds but they seemed to be cropped from the game (you could see bits of rainbow in some). Most had Nyan Cat in the image.
(To next poster: you really should rate GrateGal.)

Liberal Bloodsucker

7,125 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
LatinBsnDude
In addition to what I said previously, I did feel similarly when I came across your ratings (and ranting) on the previous page. You seemed to scold the others for not recognizing the motivation for creating such a profile. I wanted to give it a proper evaluation out of courtesy.

The font is fine. For being big, blocky and terminal-like—it fits. You know what they say about creators being their own worst critics. I just find it refreshing that you have valid reasons for doing what you do instead of hiding behind a wall of excuses (a bit off-topic, but hey, I might as well speak my mind).

I can see where you're coming from when it comes to the buttons, now. Gives me a better idea of what you were hoping to accomplish. It works, methinks.

Now to get my profile rated. Is there any particular reason you avoided this? I mean, I like that you recommended the next person decide. One of those "fewer words say more" feelings, and it made me happy. Still, I'm curious. :3
GrateGal
In addition to what I said previously, I did feel similarly when I came across your ratings (and ranting) on the previous page. You seemed to scold the others for not recognizing the motivation for creating such a profile. I wanted to give it a proper evaluation out of courtesy.

The font is fine. For being big, blocky and terminal-like—it fits. You know what they say about creators being their own worst critics. I just find it refreshing that you have valid reasons for doing what you do instead of hiding behind a wall of excuses (a bit off-topic, but hey, I might as well speak my mind).

I can see where you're coming from when it comes to the buttons, now. Gives me a better idea of what you were hoping to accomplish. It works, methinks.

Now to get my profile rated. Is there any particular reason you avoided this? I mean, I like that you recommended the next person decide. One of those "fewer words say more" feelings, and it made me happy. Still, I'm curious. :3

8/10
It's very nice, simple and neat. I especially love your use of colours.
The music and background go so well with the profile~

Liberal Bloodsucker

7,125 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Lyichi
8.5/10
Solid profile. The contact buttons have to be my favorite part (and I like that you payed extra attention to the Gaia header). It's perfectly compact and minimal, so I'm a bit biased. Even so, the little sidebar is unique and contributes to the inventiveness while staying true to the overall shape and style. Despite how simple and reserved your profile is, it's also apparent how much effort went into its creation. Well done.

Also, it's good to hear a second opinion about the music I selected, and I'm glad that you listened to the song and found it contributes to my theme. Personally, it felt a bit off, but I'm feeling better about it now.
heart

ToxiicRaini's Prince

Shady Spectator

I sure as hell didn't code my profile, but what do you guys think of Sax's job this time? c:

ToxiicRaini's Prince

Shady Spectator

GrateGal

Coding-wise, I think your profile was laid out wonderfully and neatly. The only drawback of such a nice layout is that it made my computer lag like crap, but that's just because I have a sucky computer. xD Very well done, my friend. 7/10
Lyichi

Your profile was also very neat, and the transform techniques that you used for each of your buttons was done to perfection. But it lacked a lot of content, which is fine. But I prefer profiles that cover lots of ground. owo No offense, of course. c: 6/10
Ty-Harukii
I sure as hell didn't code my profile, but what do you guys think of Sax's job this time? c:

The coding is really great, however I'm not a fan of the style itself, but I think that's just my own personal taste of liking more simple, muted things.
So I'd say, 6/10 for design (again just my personal opinion), 9/10 for the coding. Overall, 7/5/10!

ToxiicRaini's Prince

Shady Spectator

taepeppermint
Ty-Harukii

The coding is really great, however I'm not a fan of the style itself, but I think that's just my own personal taste of liking more simple, muted things.
So I'd say, 6/10 for design (again just my personal opinion), 9/10 for the coding. Overall, 7/5/10!

By design, do you mean the panel placement and stuff? owo Sax used CSS tabs to make them. It makes it look a little messy, which is more realistic. That's why I like it. c: She always keeps her codes neat though.
Ty-Harukii
taepeppermint
Ty-Harukii

By design, do you mean the panel placement and stuff? owo Sax used CSS tabs to make them. It makes it look a little messy, which is more realistic. That's why I like it. c: She always keeps her codes neat though.

No actually, moreso the color palette for me!

ToxiicRaini's Prince

Shady Spectator

taepeppermint
Ty-Harukii
taepeppermint
Ty-Harukii

No actually, moreso the color palette for me!

Honestly, I think she did a good job. c: The brown goes well with the desk. The header didn't really have much to go off of, so I told her to do what she wanted there.
anyway since i rated, im next!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces