Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Lil Enslaved Kitten
SlightlyBurntCupcake
Has anybody had problems with Springtails? ( bugs ) ...
Fro, what I can gather online they are pretty much harmless.. which is awesome.
I'm always cleaning.. so it makes me feel dirty. The only place they get into the house is the kitchen ( we have a door in the kitchen)

It's just ew. :[
There hasn't really been that many... just enough for me to notice.
I guess it could be ants, ticks or fleas.. so .. sweatdrop
i've never seen anything like em. we have ladybugs here and OMG they smell so bad the don't bite or anything they just get in the windows for the sun

Ladybugs smell bad? I've never noticed that before...

There was a ladybug (first one I've seen this season!) trapped between the two window panes in Aden's room the other day - how it got there is beyond me. I showed Aden and he runs away and goes "I'm allergic to ladybugs!"

Weird kid.
PetitChat
Lil Enslaved Kitten
SlightlyBurntCupcake
Has anybody had problems with Springtails? ( bugs ) ...
Fro, what I can gather online they are pretty much harmless.. which is awesome.
I'm always cleaning.. so it makes me feel dirty. The only place they get into the house is the kitchen ( we have a door in the kitchen)

It's just ew. :[
There hasn't really been that many... just enough for me to notice.
I guess it could be ants, ticks or fleas.. so .. sweatdrop
i've never seen anything like em. we have ladybugs here and OMG they smell so bad the don't bite or anything they just get in the windows for the sun

Ladybugs smell bad? I've never noticed that before...

There was a ladybug (first one I've seen this season!) trapped between the two window panes in Aden's room the other day - how it got there is beyond me. I showed Aden and he runs away and goes "I'm allergic to ladybugs!"

Weird kid.
awww i bet that was adorable. and yeah when they gather in large groups like they do here and at my parents house oh they smell so bad.
we're already seeing quiet a few here.

Mistypaw's Partner

Chatty Regular

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Voter 100
On lady bugs: When you have a ton of them they stink horribly!
This season I've only seen one, but the love bugs are starting to pop up.
Those get really bad here.

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
This is the month. I can feel it, this is the month I will get pregnant. Positive thinking. lol

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
So .. since my cleaning spree last night the bugs are gone! xd

Ladybugs: I ALWAYS seemed to live in just the right place to avoid them!
I know a ton fo places back in IL get them bad.. but we always seemed to avoid them. Ashton was playing with some at the park the other day.. whee

Clean Raider

Days of Raine

User ImageYou'll have at least 4-5 blood draws this pregnancy from what I can remember, mostly in the first 2 trimesters. Totally normal. 3nodding

I only had my blood drawn once at the beginning with my first appt.

Clean Raider

Hayatochi
I have a question that I'd like to ask for a friend.
My friend is 32 weeks pregnant, and the father is a complete a-hole who will not grow up and face the reality that he is a father. (this is a teenage pregnancy. We're seniors in high school)
Now this isn't about how to repair their relationship, because I know pretty well that it is over. What I'm concerned is if she can just not put the father's name on the birth certificate and not give the baby his last name. They're not married and they're probably not going to get married. She doesn't want the baby to do anything with the father (which I whole-heartily agree with), and it'll make legal documents easier for her whenever she has to fill things out and the baby has the same last name as her instead of a different last name.

Is it possible for her to do that? (we live in Texas if that helps)
He doesn't have to be on it at all and nor does he have to have his last name. There's no law that states it.

Clean Raider

Sugino

This is Dante. 3nodding
He was born on March 28th.
His birth wieght was 7lbs 8oz.

Thats his daddy's hand in the picture.
I'm exhausted now & feel a bit depressed that I didn't get to give birth naturally, I was really looking forward to it.

Congrates! 4laugh

Eloquent Informer

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Informer 100
  • Wall Street 200
[Razzberry Kamikaze]
Days of Raine

User ImageYou'll have at least 4-5 blood draws this pregnancy from what I can remember, mostly in the first 2 trimesters. Totally normal. 3nodding

I only had my blood drawn once at the beginning with my first appt.

User Image

They didn't do the glucose testing in the 3rd trimester or the genetic screening at 20ish weeks?

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I ate too much breakfast. Omg I feel so sick... :[ I also scratched my leg.
I have lost nearly all coordination.. sweatdrop
I can't count the number of times I stub my toes, trip, bump into everything, spill, and scratch myself on everything and anything.. crying

And of course.. since your body is making so much damn blood..
The "Scratch" got all bloody...
My mother in law is coming over for a visit today. I love this lady. She and I bonded over the two years my husband was in the Dominican Republic (doing missionary work for his church). So luckily we get along great. What scares me, is that she and I are too similar in our sense of humor. Hubby had a little Oedipal syndrome there. lol

I'm gonna share what you guys told me about the whole placenta thing. Since it was her idea for me to ask you guys about it, I think it's only fair.

She also told me that she is planning on staying with us after delivery till I am well enough to take over. New moms need rest, she says. I think it's ulterior motive.. she wants to spoil her first and only granddaughter. whee

On a physical/personal note... heartburn is back. A little bit of nausea too. Dizziness and lightheadedness is still around. I should be fine as long as I don't fall.

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
SlightlyBurntCupcake
So .. since my cleaning spree last night the bugs are gone! xd

Ladybugs: I ALWAYS seemed to live in just the right place to avoid them!
I know a ton fo places back in IL get them bad.. but we always seemed to avoid them. Ashton was playing with some at the park the other day.. whee

Ladybugs flock to me for some reason. >.> Though I would rather a bunch of ladybugs than lovebugs everywhere.

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
ZellyKat
My mother in law is coming over for a visit today. I love this lady. She and I bonded over the two years my husband was in the Dominican Republic (doing missionary work for his church). So luckily we get along great. What scares me, is that she and I are too similar in our sense of humor. Hubby had a little Oedipal syndrome there. lol

I'm gonna share what you guys told me about the whole placenta thing. Since it was her idea for me to ask you guys about it, I think it's only fair.

She also told me that she is planning on staying with us after delivery till I am well enough to take over. New moms need rest, she says. I think it's ulterior motive.. she wants to spoil her first and only granddaughter. whee

On a physical/personal note... heartburn is back. A little bit of nausea too. Dizziness and lightheadedness is still around. I should be fine as long as I don't fall.

I know my mom is going to try to weasel into the house when I have a child. She always says she is going to spoil my child within reason.

@the placenta thing- I don't think I could stomach eating it or ingesting it in any other form. I see nothing wrong with it, but just not for me. More power to those who can though.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Zelly: I'm jealous. My Monster in law is a demon. I can honestly say when they woman finally dies, I will throw a party.
That's how awful she is. e_e Ugh.. she's the worst woman I have ever met in my life.

She is sucking up some bad karma though. She never gets to see Ashton. And wont see Travis until my husband is home and we travel up there..
Ugh. Now I'm all worked up rofl

Faerie: I've never been anywhere with bug swarms.. we get all the types.. just the "leftovers" or small amounts of them lol.
Love Bugs.. I've seen a few this year. Not many.. but this is our first spring in this house/town.. so who knows. sweatdrop

Romantic Lover

6,750 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
SlightlyBurntCupcake
Zelly: I'm jealous. My Monster in law is a demon. I can honestly say when they woman finally dies, I will throw a party.
That's how awful she is. e_e Ugh.. she's the worst woman I have ever met in my life.

She is sucking up some bad karma though. She never gets to see Ashton. And wont see Travis until my husband is home and we travel up there..
Ugh. Now I'm all worked up rofl

Faerie: I've never been anywhere with bug swarms.. we get all the types.. just the "leftovers" or small amounts of them lol.
Love Bugs.. I've seen a few this year. Not many.. but this is our first spring in this house/town.. so who knows. sweatdrop

I live along the Gulf Coast, they cover EVERYTHING! I hate having the shoo lovebugs before I open a door to go inside. Oh god after Katrina they seemed the worse. I am not sure if the hurricane moved more here, or if because recovering from a storm like that they just seem more annoying. Nothing is more annoying than no electricity, no water, the weather HOT AS HELL and ontop of that having a bunch of stinky lovebugs EVERYWHERE. burning_eyes

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff