Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sexy Turtle

WatchfulBarley
I met one woman who was deaf, at a place i used to work. She was a customer and had her younger brother with her, she was one of the meanest people i have ever met.
I've also met really wonderful, fun, kind deaf people. So, i know that one woman would have been a d-bag weather she could hear or not.

I'm not deaf, but i have a really hard time hearing. People get really annoyed at me all the time. I always have to ask people to repeat themselves and people really hate doing that. I realized that I've learned to watch peoples lips when they talk. When I watch movies, as soon as the character goes off screen, I can't understand what they are saying. Though, I am grateful for the amount I can hear.
Do you use Subtitles or Closed Caption to watch tv? I find it very helpful to know what they are saying.
Black Lust Perfume
WatchfulBarley
I met one woman who was deaf, at a place i used to work. She was a customer and had her younger brother with her, she was one of the meanest people i have ever met.
I've also met really wonderful, fun, kind deaf people. So, i know that one woman would have been a d-bag weather she could hear or not.

I'm not deaf, but i have a really hard time hearing. People get really annoyed at me all the time. I always have to ask people to repeat themselves and people really hate doing that. I realized that I've learned to watch peoples lips when they talk. When I watch movies, as soon as the character goes off screen, I can't understand what they are saying. Though, I am grateful for the amount I can hear.
Do you use Subtitles or Closed Caption to watch tv? I find it very helpful to know what they are saying.
I do, when i'm by myself, or I wear headphones and turn it up really loud. My boyfriend and family won't turn them on though, because they don't like them and they think i'm just being a baby. It sucks too when video games don't have subtitles, like assassin's creed. What even happened in that game!

Sexy Turtle

WatchfulBarley
Black Lust Perfume
WatchfulBarley

I do, when i'm by myself, or I wear headphones and turn it up really loud. My boyfriend and family won't turn them on though, because they don't like them and they think i'm just being a baby. It sucks too when video games don't have subtitles, like assassin's creed. What even happened in that game!
I believe that you have rights to understand, if they do not like it, get your own tv. I dont play Video Games so I dont know about stubtitles, I dont find video games any fun haha.
Black Lust Perfume
WatchfulBarley
Black Lust Perfume
WatchfulBarley

I believe that you have rights to understand, if they do not like it, get your own tv. I dont play Video Games so I dont know about stubtitles, I dont find video games any fun haha.
biggrin You're a really nice person, Thanks

Lunatic

I don't have any thoughts on them. They're people like everyone else.

My only thoughts are towards the people who want to treat them like they're some special group. They want to be treated like everyone else.

Sexy Turtle

WatchfulBarley
biggrin You're a really nice person, Thanks
Anytime! Haha, Guess I am a very softheart person who are willing to listen and help some advices if possible and make sure they are comfortable. I know there is some rude Deaf people, I dont blame them for having a lacking of experiences in their life. I was told that I was so lucky to have a good family and educations so yeah.

Sexy Turtle

Deliacroix

My only thoughts are towards the people who want to treat them like they're some special group. They want to be treated like everyone else.
Agreed! Btw, what is that hair item you are currently wearing if you dont mind tell me since your equipped items is not showing.

Lunatic

Black Lust Perfume
Deliacroix

Agreed! Btw, what is that hair item you are currently wearing if you dont mind tell me since your equipped items is not showing.

My hair or the crown?

The crown is Daughter of Snows and the hair is called Bookish. It's in the salon.

Sexy Turtle

Deliacroix
Black Lust Perfume
Deliacroix

My hair or the crown?

The crown is Daughter of Snows and the hair is called Bookish. It's in the salon.
is the hair itself white or white AND blonde? or the crown makes it look yellow?

Lunatic

Black Lust Perfume
Deliacroix
Black Lust Perfume
Deliacroix

My hair or the crown?

is the hair itself white or white AND blonde? or the crown makes it look yellow?

The hair is just white. The crown is silver with the yellowish/cream ribbons.

1,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
I love Deaf people and the culture! Im semi-fluent in ASL but since I moved last year, havent found any deaf person in my area or at least another deaf person to talk to. :c
I'd like to meet a deaf person cat_biggrin

Sexy Turtle

Lady Peverell
Oh my gosh, it is SO nice to finally meet someone who has a disability such as myself!!

I'm deaf in my left ear, and hard of hearing in my right. I was born this way. I LOVE your avatar! And I admire this thread you started! You're the first Gaian I've ever met who I could connect with! Would you like to be friends? (:
Honestly, I find that a very insulted when you named Deaf people "Disability".

Sexy Turtle

i i C A T A S T R O P H E
I love Deaf people and the culture! Im semi-fluent in ASL but since I moved last year, havent found any deaf person in my area or at least another deaf person to talk to. :c
Have you google to find out if there is any Deaf Events near by you? I find it helpful for myself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff