Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with akanemutt13

Magical Girl

Black Lust Perfume
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Are we supposed to have thoughts about deaf people? Those a*****e deaf people are probably plotting to overthrow the government.
What do you mean by that?

It was sarcasm, they're deaf the hell would I think differently about them for

Rainbow Ladykiller

Black Lust Perfume
1tty bitty kitty
Black Lust Perfume
1tty bitty kitty
I've never really seen them as anything different. There's a bit of a communication barrier for most. Luckily I know enough ASL to communicate with them. My uncle was an interpreter for a long time, so growing up I got to be around deaf people. Plus my first language was ASL due to therapists thinking that my older brother and I weren't learning to communicate.
Neat! Wish I have an person in family who is an interpreter haha, it would be very nice to have a family member who is an interpreter instead of hiring interpreters for getting together families events. haha

Oh that must suck. Do your parents know ASL?
ASL? ha! no. However, they know Sign Exact English. Means they sign every single ******** words. But I am used to them and I know SEE and ASL as well.

When I was a toddler and didn't speak, they taught me SEE in hopes that I'd learn proper English when I learned to speak. Didn't really work, but I took an ASL class about a year ago. I know a little SEE, but I mostly know ASL.

Sexy Turtle

Reyna224
Black Lust Perfume
Reyna224
They are people just like everyone else. No one should ever think less of someone with disabilities. I used to know how to sign pretty well but now I'm pretty rusty.
Keep practicing wink who knows, you maybe find a lover who is Deaf?

You never know, huh? razz I've been meaning to sharpen it back up again haha.
Check this site out aslpro.com Maybe it can help you sharp your sign language skills again? heart

Rainbow Ladykiller

Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Black Lust Perfume
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Are we supposed to have thoughts about deaf people? Those a*****e deaf people are probably plotting to overthrow the government.

Sarcasm is different for deaf people and hearing people, so don't be surprised when they don't understand your joke or you don't understand theirs.

Sexy Turtle

1tty bitty kitty

Everyone's having trouble finding jobs anyway, whether they're deaf or not.
True, the governments is just so ******** greedy and cut down most businesses so they can keep the money to their self.

5,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
Black Lust Perfume
The Simple C
My oldest sister was deaf-blind-mute, autistic, and paraplegic. She was one of the sweetest girls I ever met, may she forever rest in peace (she died January 2001). ;-;

Also, my boyfriend and I were at a restaurant when a deaf man set down two pens and a note on each table - the note said that he was deaf/asking for donations and each pen was three dollars. I bought two pens and cried like a total wuss for the next half-hour. crying

I'm trying to learn ASL, and I'm thinking about becoming a sign language interpreter after I finish the online college program I'm in right now.
Aww, *hugs* I am very sorry about your sister. She knows that you love her very much dearly. An interpreter?! That would make your sister very proud sweetie.

I know - my mom only let me meet her once or twice (I only remember one time when I was little, but I have since been told I met her more than that). She had an amazing smile, it was fantastic. I'd love to be an interpreter, I just have to push through this online bachelor's program I'm in right now before I can really look into it as a career.

1tty bitty kitty

I think it depends on location - where I'm at, it's accepted because so few businesses here have ASL/ESL interpreters or opportunities for those who'd need ASL/ESL to communicate. My boyfriend's dad, who was partially raised by a deaf great-uncle, is working to give more opportunities to the deaf community but it's taking a lot of time.

Sexy Turtle

1tty bitty kitty

When I was a toddler and didn't speak, they taught me SEE in hopes that I'd learn proper English when I learned to speak. Didn't really work, but I took an ASL class about a year ago. I know a little SEE, but I mostly know ASL.
Oh yeah, I was raised by learning SEE first then I got first interpreter at school which got me interested in learning ASL so I learned it from my old interpreter haha.

Rainbow Ladykiller

The Simple C
1tty bitty kitty

I think it depends on location - where I'm at, it's accepted because so few businesses here have ASL/ESL interpreters or opportunities for those who'd need ASL/ESL to communicate. My boyfriend's dad, who was partially raised by a deaf great-uncle, is working to give more opportunities to the deaf community but it's taking a lot of time.

Who exactly is it accepted by? The hearing or deaf community?

Rainbow Ladykiller

Black Lust Perfume
1tty bitty kitty

Everyone's having trouble finding jobs anyway, whether they're deaf or not.
True, the governments is just so ******** greedy and cut down most businesses so they can keep the money to their self.

It's happening everywhere

Sexy Turtle

1tty bitty kitty
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
Black Lust Perfume
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D

Sarcasm is different for deaf people and hearing people, so don't be surprised when they don't understand your joke or you don't understand theirs.
That right, Deaf's jokes is based on images. I rarely get people's jokes because it just doesnt make sense but I get Deaf's jokes very well and laugh hard.
Black Lust Perfume
Reyna224
Black Lust Perfume
Reyna224
They are people just like everyone else. No one should ever think less of someone with disabilities. I used to know how to sign pretty well but now I'm pretty rusty.

Check this site out aslpro.com Maybe it can help you sharp your sign language skills again? heart

Neat, thanks! biggrin Saves me the expense of taking a class if I can sharpen up with that site.
I think they're fine. The only thing that bothers me is when deaf parents try to keep their deaf children from getting hearing aids if those would help because they see deafness as a culture. I've actually never met a deaf person, but my aunt is a sign language interpreter.

Sexy Turtle

The Simple C
Black Lust Perfume
The Simple C
My oldest sister was deaf-blind-mute, autistic, and paraplegic. She was one of the sweetest girls I ever met, may she forever rest in peace (she died January 2001). ;-;

Also, my boyfriend and I were at a restaurant when a deaf man set down two pens and a note on each table - the note said that he was deaf/asking for donations and each pen was three dollars. I bought two pens and cried like a total wuss for the next half-hour. crying

I'm trying to learn ASL, and I'm thinking about becoming a sign language interpreter after I finish the online college program I'm in right now.
Aww, *hugs* I am very sorry about your sister. She knows that you love her very much dearly. An interpreter?! That would make your sister very proud sweetie.

I know - my mom only let me meet her once or twice (I only remember one time when I was little, but I have since been told I met her more than that). She had an amazing smile, it was fantastic. I'd love to be an interpreter, I just have to push through this online bachelor's program I'm in right now before I can really look into it as a career.

1tty bitty kitty

Go for the career, we seriously need more interpreters those days.

Rainbow Ladykiller

Black Lust Perfume
1tty bitty kitty

Oh yeah, I was raised by learning SEE first then I got first interpreter at school which got me interested in learning ASL so I learned it from my old interpreter haha.

I'm pretty sure they've started teaching deaf children both now. They taught SEE for your age group in hopes that they would learn how to read and write proper english, but it hasn't always worked. People who only know SEE can't really communicate so easily with those who only know ASL, so I think they've started teaching both. I may be wrong though

Sexy Turtle

Reyna224
Black Lust Perfume
Reyna224
Black Lust Perfume
Reyna224

Neat, thanks! biggrin Saves me the expense of taking a class if I can sharpen up with that site.
Hahaha, you are very welcome sweetie. I am surprised that there is not even a bad comment about Deaf since last time I made a thread, it was hell, painful from those mean Gaians.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff