Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Hopeful Bookworm

Desideraht
Blissful Duchess
Eunuch also has roots in Ancient Korea and China (They were used as personal messengers between the males and the contribines.)

that wasn't exactly on the topic of Transgender, but I think that if anyone wants to do and has made an educated decision then let it happen. If it's right for them it's their body. I do not understand why some people are so jumpy, it's not l like they're deciding to do it on you?

That's sorta my stance. But I don't know anyone who is transgender...
Eunuchs are a bit different, though they are sort of like a third-gender in a way.

I think people get jumpy because they think we're making this decision lightly, or that it's based on an insecurity. It very well may be for some, but even if it was, it's not really anyone's business.

If you want to get to know some trans people, I'm sure many of us here in the thread would gladly answer any questions you might have. x)

Thanks ^.^ yeah, but don't you have to take quizes or something before you get the surgery?

Dapper Phantom

Blissful Duchess
Desideraht
Blissful Duchess
Eunuch also has roots in Ancient Korea and China (They were used as personal messengers between the males and the contribines.)

that wasn't exactly on the topic of Transgender, but I think that if anyone wants to do and has made an educated decision then let it happen. If it's right for them it's their body. I do not understand why some people are so jumpy, it's not l like they're deciding to do it on you?

Eunuchs are a bit different, though they are sort of like a third-gender in a way.

I think people get jumpy because they think we're making this decision lightly, or that it's based on an insecurity. It very well may be for some, but even if it was, it's not really anyone's business.

If you want to get to know some trans people, I'm sure many of us here in the thread would gladly answer any questions you might have. x)

Thanks ^.^ yeah, but don't you have to take quizes or something before you get the surgery?
Not at all. You go through therapy. A therapist evaluates you, makes sure you're serious and ready, makes sure you know what you're doing... and they sign a letter that says you're ready. You give that to the surgeon. That's the simple way of discussing the process. It usually takes people years of taking hormones, and saving money, plus therapy, to get this far. We have to pay for the surgeries in full, in cash, unless we are VERY lucky and it's covered somehow.

Hopeful Bookworm

Desideraht
Blissful Duchess
Desideraht
Blissful Duchess

Not at all. You go through therapy. A therapist evaluates you, makes sure you're serious and ready, makes sure you know what you're doing... and they sign a letter that says you're ready. You give that to the surgeon. That's the simple way of discussing the process. It usually takes people years of taking hormones, and saving money, plus therapy, to get this far. We have to pay for the surgeries in full, in cash, unless we are VERY lucky and it's covered somehow.

I'm assuming health care doesn't cover it then. Why doesn't it? (I'm 16 so I know a little about health care in general but its a medical procedure that better the patients life so it should be covered..right?)

Dapper Phantom

Blissful Duchess
I'm assuming health care doesn't cover it then. Why doesn't it? (I'm 16 so I know a little about health care in general but its a medical procedure that better the patients life so it should be covered..right?)
Generally speaking, no. Not in the United States, anyway. It does very rarely. In some other countries, like Canada, it is covered in some provinces.

It's not covered because a lot of doctors still feel it is unnecessary/cosmetic.

Hopeful Bookworm

Desideraht
Blissful Duchess
Generally speaking, no. Not in the United States, anyway. It does very rarely. In some other countries, like Canada, it is covered in some provinces.

It's not covered because a lot of doctors still feel it is unnecessary/cosmetic.

Hm that's too bad. It should be accepted. I have to go but thank you for answering my questions and talking with me ^.^

Dapper Phantom

Blissful Duchess
Desideraht
Blissful Duchess

Hm that's too bad. It should be accepted. I have to go but thank you for answering my questions and talking with me ^.^
You're welcome. <3 And it will be, at some point. We're slowly working our way closer to full medical acceptance.

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
Hey everyone who's on hormones. Do you still have to get periodic blood tests, or frequent endo visits?

I've just got a couple more weeks with my therapist before she'll write my letter and I can start, but I'm concerned about the future endo costs.

Dapper Phantom

Tuah
Hey everyone who's on hormones. Do you still have to get periodic blood tests, or frequent endo visits?

I've just got a couple more weeks with my therapist before she'll write my letter and I can start, but I'm concerned about the future endo costs.
No.
But I want to start having them every 3 months or so, until my levels are certainly corrected. Then I want to have them every six months, then eventually once a year, if I can manage finding a docto that will let me do things that way. I have not had my levels checked in over 3 years. I am having them finally checked in February.

Dapper Phantom

Update
So I got this totally cute shirt and I was convinced I would have to cut the sleeves off to look masculine. Well my body has apparently changed a lot since the last time I wore a slim, feminine shirt, because I don't feel that way after putting it on...

User Image User Image User Image

Sorry for the many pix of the same shirt but I think they show different things about my changes. My neck/arms are looking way more masculine than I give them credit for, and the way the shirt fits just seems to fit in a "masculine" way. It's a unisex shirt, but a slim fit, and it has little sleeves that I was sure would make my arms look girly. I also like how my little beard is showing even on really far/distant/small photos now. It's a very faint dark patch on the bottom of my chin and probably only I'm really noticing it but people notice it in person and that is making me happy, even though it only grows on this tiny little strip and nowhere else. It almost looks like I shave it that way (into this little square) but I don't, lol. That's how it grows.

Looking at these pix just reminds me of how a couple years ago I'd see trans guys post pix where they passed about as well as I do now and I was so ********' jealous. So if anyone feels that way, I just want to say I know where you're at and exactly how you feel. And, on top of it, I'm a huge ********' pessimist, worse than a lot of people. So I can tell you I was sure I would never, ever pass as well as I do now, and that I would always look "too female" to wear the sorts of clothes I wanted to wear without looking like a "girl". Seeing these pictures of myself brought a few names to mind-- a few trans guys (on Gaia and IRL) who I've been jealous of over the past couple years-- and honestly... I'm just not jealous anymore. I don't fully look the way I want to, but I feel more "equal" with them... other than the guys who have had surgery. I'm still pretty jealous about that. But it's getting easier.

Aaand I'm writing too much at 3 am.

Lonely Saint

Tuah

My first blood test's coming up later this year to check my liver and T levels. In my country, it's normal to get tested every year while on hormones. I mean, you probably don't have to, but it's encouraged. And as long as your junk's intact, there's the mandatory gyne visit for FtMs. Again, you can skip it if you prefer taking risks, but since both of these are covered, I don't really see the point in avoiding them. I prefer my health being monitored just in case to hoping for the best.

Hallowed Wench

Tuah

Once every 6 months.
Tuah

I've gotten 3 or so blood tests done since january, but I'm also going slightly more often because we're monitoring my cholesterol levels (they were high before I started T, so I was put on meds for it, but T raises cholesterol, so we have to make sure everything balances out ok). Which sucks because I hate having blood work done. emotion_donotwant

Invisible Smoker

6,450 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
Desideraht
Tuah

No.
But I want to start having them every 3 months or so, until my levels are certainly corrected. Then I want to have them every six months, then eventually once a year, if I can manage finding a docto that will let me do things that way. I have not had my levels checked in over 3 years. I am having them finally checked in February.

It depends on the doctor, I have to get blood tests and go back to then endo right now in three months to make sure my liver and everything else is functioning ok, then after awhile it will be more spread out.

Dapper Phantom

FancyDew
Desideraht
Tuah

No.

It depends on the doctor, I have to get blood tests and go back to then endo right now in three months to make sure my liver and everything else is functioning ok, then after awhile it will be more spread out.
Well I am starting with a clinic that does it every three months but I am starting a local movement to try to get Planned Parenthood to provide local services and I'm pretty sure they do 6 months.

Also getting your liver checked is different than getting your testosterone levels checked. Unless they're just doing all of it every time you go.

Mewling Lover

8,900 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Gender Swap 100
Desideraht
Update
So I got this totally cute shirt and I was convinced I would have to cut the sleeves off to look masculine. Well my body has apparently changed a lot since the last time I wore a slim, feminine shirt, because I don't feel that way after putting it on...

User Image User Image User Image

Sorry for the many pix of the same shirt but I think they show different things about my changes. My neck/arms are looking way more masculine than I give them credit for, and the way the shirt fits just seems to fit in a "masculine" way. It's a unisex shirt, but a slim fit, and it has little sleeves that I was sure would make my arms look girly. I also like how my little beard is showing even on really far/distant/small photos now. It's a very faint dark patch on the bottom of my chin and probably only I'm really noticing it but people notice it in person and that is making me happy, even though it only grows on this tiny little strip and nowhere else. It almost looks like I shave it that way (into this little square) but I don't, lol. That's how it grows.

Looking at these pix just reminds me of how a couple years ago I'd see trans guys post pix where they passed about as well as I do now and I was so ********' jealous. So if anyone feels that way, I just want to say I know where you're at and exactly how you feel. And, on top of it, I'm a huge ********' pessimist, worse than a lot of people. So I can tell you I was sure I would never, ever pass as well as I do now, and that I would always look "too female" to wear the sorts of clothes I wanted to wear without looking like a "girl". Seeing these pictures of myself brought a few names to mind-- a few trans guys (on Gaia and IRL) who I've been jealous of over the past couple years-- and honestly... I'm just not jealous anymore. I don't fully look the way I want to, but I feel more "equal" with them... other than the guys who have had surgery. I'm still pretty jealous about that. But it's getting easier.

Aaand I'm writing too much at 3 am.
im jelly of the shirt heart nyanpire

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas