Welcome to Gaia! ::

I haven't been in here in a while. I've been consumed in books. Finished the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo trilogy & now I'm on the 50 Shades of Grey trilogy. I'm halfway through the second book. It's good. Very BDSM.

How's everyone been?
Ciara Bunny
Hmm, does she happen to know anyone that has your new number? Or could she look it up somewhere?

Haha, bless him. Rio has told me he wants a brother, mainly so he can beat him at football lol. I told him he won't get a brother for a little while. But he's okay with that, he loves Imogen to bits so he gets to play the big brother role.

I'm pretty tired from our Jubilee street party yesterday. It was pretty good, we all enjoyed ourselves. Adam and his brother to much, they are both hungover today.
Everyone on our street contributed towards food, and even though it rained for half an hour it was good fun. Kids enjoyed themselves too.

Does/did Canada do much for the Jubilee, Kayla?

The only person we know in common is Richard... and my last phone number, I had only had for a few months so it wasn't anywhere...not on Facebook or anything. Oh well... I'm past it. They're dead to me.

I know that uh... Prince Charles and... his wife? (I forget her name....whoops!) They visited Canada for a bit to celebrate it. I'm sure there were some celebrations somewhere, but I don't know specifically.
@Lena - Its not been too bad here, how have you and your family been?

@Kayla - Prince Charles wife is Camilla, Dutchess of.. Cornwall, I think.
You got a visit from the s**t two (in my opinion) out of the main ones, lucky you! I'd happily meet Queen Liz and Phillip, or Kate and Wills, or even Harry, but i'm not bothered about them two lol.
@Lena: I didn't even realize you'd posted! Miss you!

@Ciara: I don't even think they visited here...just out east as far as I know, but I've been too damn busy to even care about anything haha
I know each commonwealth state was meant to get a visit from some form of royalty, but im sure thats just it, a visit of one area.

Well Adam got two extra days off work thanks to Liz and her Jubilee, so ofcourse we celebrated in the most British possible fashion, by getting wasted. The royals always have a party, so they clearly think the same.
Even as far as the Olympics, when the torch came around my area, loads of people were lined up on the streets cheering... because they were wasted lol.

On another note, i'm a bit concerned about my half brother and step dad. I haven't heard anything from them in a while, I just thought they were busy. But i've been phoning them with no answer, leaving messages with no reply, and even went around to their apartment and there is no answer, with my step dads car gone. I knocked on a few other apartment doors to see if their neighbours had seen them and nobody answered. I hope they are okay...
Ciara Bunny
I know each commonwealth state was meant to get a visit from some form of royalty, but im sure thats just it, a visit of one area.

Well Adam got two extra days off work thanks to Liz and her Jubilee, so ofcourse we celebrated in the most British possible fashion, by getting wasted. The royals always have a party, so they clearly think the same.
Even as far as the Olympics, when the torch came around my area, loads of people were lined up on the streets cheering... because they were wasted lol.

On another note, i'm a bit concerned about my half brother and step dad. I haven't heard anything from them in a while, I just thought they were busy. But i've been phoning them with no answer, leaving messages with no reply, and even went around to their apartment and there is no answer, with my step dads car gone. I knocked on a few other apartment doors to see if their neighbours had seen them and nobody answered. I hope they are okay...

Would they be the type to just...take off or anything?? That's weird...I hope you'll keep us posted and I hope they're okay!

Haha we celebrate things that way too. With drinks! It's going to be a very out of hand summer in my city, I'm sure.
I don't think so, even if my step dad wanted to, I don't think he could do that to Brooklyn to take him away from his friends, school and family like that. Though I could be wrong, they could of done since people are unpredictable sometimes.
They were having some difficulty with money, as in my step dad would work so much overtime just so Brooklyn could go on a school trip or get new football boots, but not struggling to pay the bills or food. I offered to help, but I think my step dads pride made him say no. That's what im worried about, if the money troubles got worse, they've been evicted and homeless, with to much pride to ask us for help. I'm tempted to phone his work and see if he has been around, but at the same time he might be fine and get shitty with me intruding.

Brooklyn goes to the same school Amerie and Rio goes to. I usually drop mine off later than my step dad does to Brooklyn, because he starts work earlier and I have further to drive. So, when the kids start back at school tomorrow, im going to get there earlier to see if I can find them both, or just Brooklyn, and if I don't I want to talk to his teacher to see if he has been in school recently. If he hasn't, then ill get hold of his workplace and if he hasn't been in and nobody knows why, then im going to try and talk to their neighbours and landlord, and if no one has seen them, ill file for missing persons. I hope it won't come to that.

I don't think the summer this year will be as bad as previous ones, because the big Glastonbury festival is cancelled this year due to clashes with the Olympics. I was gutted, I don't care about the Olympics. But smaller festivals are on going, but they arn't as big. It's what gets Britain in a drinking mood, festival season.
@ Ciara: Sounds like a good idea. I dunno about you, but I tend to worry for no reason at all razz

It's our 100th Calgary Stampede this year, as I think I've mentioned before, so there are sure to be a ton of awesome parties. Here I am...trying to convince Tyler even just to go!
I wrote out a long winded message about my step dad and half brother, and then Adam used the computer and closed all my windows down... men!

So long story short, Brooklyn is coming back to live with me because his dads inability to look after him, while he's working 50 - 70 hours a week to pay back his debts, he can't look after him properly.
Brooklyn isn't really that bummed at the moment, he hardly sees him and when he does he says he's just tired and angry all the time.
His dad is also working abroad from September as they'll pay him more, and he had no plans to take Brooklyn with him so really, he would of ended up back here with me.

I really can't forgive my step dads selfish actions of leaving Brooklyn alone for hours, walking himself to school and etc. He's only 6, he needs parents or parental figures to look out for him, he's just a kid.
All because of stupid pride. I wouldn't let my kids suffer for the sake of pride... especially when its so easy to ask for help!

I'm not happy about Brooklyn effectively being passed around between the two of us. I think now he should stay here and live with me until he reaches his teens and can make his own decision. He can always visit and stay temporarily with his dad, but I think we've just proved his dad not always the most stable person, which children need. He'd much rather be here anyway, he's said that himself. Atleast here he's guarenteed to have everything a kid deserves, and he knows im not gunna fleet and and out of his life.
As much as I can understand debt is a horrible thing, much of it was completely unnecessary.
Weird...I posted from my phone last night...but it must've glitched out or something.

That sucks for Brooklyn...I seem to remember you saying he was excited to get to live with his dad. But at least with him having to come back to you, you know he'll be well taken care of. Good luck with everything!
He was excited yeah, and I thought his dad would make the best of it. He is a good dad, he has learning to do but he appeared to put Brooklyns first and really care for him. But yeah, people are unpredictable in tough situations. Much of his debt has been run up since Brooklyn was in his care, and is not necessary at all. He was earning enough to make the bills, but got into gambling and just squandored money away and hit s**t street when he needed it. Honestly, I think he found the stress of looking after Brooklyn too much alongside worrying about debt, and thats partly to blame for his anger.
As much as I can understand that he needs to work this much to pay off his debts, then he should of contacted me even if it was to look after Brooklyn. I'd even help him pay some of it off, but he didn't want that. I asked him why he didn't want me to help and completely shut me out, he said he was embarrased rolleyes .
But now I think he realised that if he continued like that, the state would of handed Brooklyn back to me anyway. As much as Brooklyn was use to tough living situations when my mother was alive, it doesn't mean he needs a repeat of it. I think social services will limit his means with his dad for now.
They knew he was a good dad when things were good, and it wasn't like he was physically abused. But he still put him at risk, which probably means he won't be allowed to live with him again unless measures are put in place, or he is old enough to take care of himself.

Brooklyn is honestly not bothered. It suprised me, I thought there would be upset and tears. But no, he said he'd rather live here with us than live with him if he's not gunna be around, and be angry when he is around. He even said that it was like his dad was someone else, because the dad he knew wouldn't act like that. He also said he only wants him to visit him if he's gunna be the dad he was before. He's pretty much set the agenda.

Sorry for the rant, but human nature baffles me sometimes...
Brooklyn sounds really mature...well done. smile
I'm a single mother of a seven year old son and a six year old daughter. I've been divorced for two years. Still no desire to get remarried. I have a hard time balancing attention time between my two kids because my son is autistic and my daughter can't understand why I have to follow him around the house all the time. If I don't watch him in the kitchen he will play in the knife drawer. My daughter has high intelligence. She first walked at nine months. I'd like to get back out in the dating scene, but not until my children are a little older.
Nocturnal Coffee Maker
I'm a single mother of a seven year old son and a six year old daughter. I've been divorced for two years. Still no desire to get remarried. I have a hard time balancing attention time between my two kids because my son is autistic and my daughter can't understand why I have to follow him around the house all the time. If I don't watch him in the kitchen he will play in the knife drawer. My daughter has high intelligence. She first walked at nine months. I'd like to get back out in the dating scene, but not until my children are a little older.

Welcome to the thread!
PetitChat
Nocturnal Coffee Maker

Welcome to the thread!
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas