Welcome to Gaia! ::

xO_LenaRalene
@K-Nesss; Welcome to the thread! & by all means, feel free to stick around! Babies do add stress to any relationship so it may seem bad now but it could ease out. I've been in your exact situation. & now I'm married to my daughters father. Feel free to stick around, though!

Weather here has been CRAZY as well. Last two weeks it was 100+ & now it's supposed to rain & storm all week this week. It's also been really humid & muggy. One day it got up to like 114. I thought I was going to die! Haha.

I feel like I neglect this thread. /: I really need to come on more often!

We've missed you, missy! It's been gross here too. I got super burnt on Tuesday and now I'm physically sick from that and the heat. I'm considering calling in sick to work tonight, or maybe seeing if I can go in later...cause if I work too hard tonight it really won't be good.
@Kayla ; Ohh. Sun poisoning.. Never fun! I had that earlier this year. I felt like I had the flu. Body aches, cold sweats, fever. & when I got over that.. My sinuses/allergies kicked in full gear & made me feel like s**t all over again. Lol.
xO_LenaRalene
@Kayla ; Ohh. Sun poisoning.. Never fun! I had that earlier this year. I felt like I had the flu. Body aches, cold sweats, fever. & when I got over that.. My sinuses/allergies kicked in full gear & made me feel like s**t all over again. Lol.

Haha I was dealing with the too much sun thing, allergies, and my period on the same day. Yesterday was brutal. On top of all that, I lost my bank card, things weren't working properly at work, and I got in a fight with my sisters. Worst day ever.
@Kayla - Take it back then. I really hate snow >.<

@Lena - Hello! How are you and your family doing?
Ciara Bunny
@Kayla - Take it back then. I really hate snow >.<

@Lena - Hello! How are you and your family doing?

Things are going pretty well! We're going back home (Ohio) next month & Autumn is excited to see her uncles! She's growing so much & showing a lot of interest in art. Mostly painting. Which fits bc her daddy has a Bachelor of Fine Arts. Lol. We bought her some canvases & paint & brushes today. She's already painted all 5 canvases. Lol. So, I guess we'll be making a trip back to the store soon. How about y'all?
PetitChat
xO_LenaRalene

Haha I was dealing with the too much sun thing, allergies, and my period on the same day. Yesterday was brutal. On top of all that, I lost my bank card, things weren't working properly at work, and I got in a fight with my sisters. Worst day ever.

Oh, even better! Hope you found your bank card! I'm still dealing with allergies & it's beginning to kick my a**. Haha. I bought some more meds, though. So, I'm hoping that'll help some.
xO_LenaRalene

Things are going pretty well! We're going back home (Ohio) next month & Autumn is excited to see her uncles! She's growing so much & showing a lot of interest in art. Mostly painting. Which fits bc her daddy has a Bachelor of Fine Arts. Lol. We bought her some canvases & paint & brushes today. She's already painted all 5 canvases. Lol. So, I guess we'll be making a trip back to the store soon. How about y'all?

Aww bless, how often do you go back home to visit family?
Looks like you might have a potential artist on your hands, following in her dads footsteps.

Not too bad, up and down. Brooklyn is back living with me because his dad put him at risk and I removed Brooklyn from that situation. His dad is moving to another country at the end of August too, work and debt related.
Adam's brother is moving out soon too because he has a job relating to his university course (Social Work) that he's starting in August. Yes!
The kids are doing great, just about to finish school for the year. Now its the struggle to find stuff for them to do in the summer while im the only adult around. Things like swimming are out unless I have another adult with me because I can't keep an eye on them all at once. They've been enrolled into doing extra pratice in their clubs. Amerie's starting contemporary dancing, Pheobe is learning horse care, and then just extra matchs and stuff for Rio.
I'm also a part time mum to another one at the moment. Adam's best friend had her first, and her delivery was quite rough and she still feels ill. So i've been helping her with little Isla. Just reminds me that number five can wait.
I. Need. A vacation.

I'm just dreading the work week ahead - having just yesterday off wasn't enough. I'm reaching that point again where I'm not sleeping well, I'm not working as hard as I should be, and things are just stressing me out more than they should. I have next weekend off, but that trip to my grandpa's house usually just stressed me out more than anything since Aden's been big enough to run and I don't know if that will feel like much of a break either. I cannot wait until our trip to my mom's in August, despite the 12 hour drive there and back...THAT will be what I need.
Funny we are on the topic of vacation, because I just came on to say tomorrow im taking the kids to the seaside for a week. Or however long I can last with two very beaten up feet. Hurt real bad, but I don't wanna ruin it for the kids. Theres always doctors and a hospital there if it get that bad I guess.
Adam's already in Thailand, can't say im jealous at all.

Talk to you in a week (or earlier!)
Ciara Bunny
Funny we are on the topic of vacation, because I just came on to say tomorrow im taking the kids to the seaside for a week. Or however long I can last with two very beaten up feet. Hurt real bad, but I don't wanna ruin it for the kids. Theres always doctors and a hospital there if it get that bad I guess.
Adam's already in Thailand, can't say im jealous at all.

Talk to you in a week (or earlier!)

My weekend off wasn't relaxing at all. It WAS nice to get out of the city, that's for sure, but I didn't get much sleep and didn't even get to catch up on sleep on Sunday night and felt just as tired as I did when we left on Friday!
Just over one more week though, and we'll be going on a 12 hour drive to my mom's!
Ciara Bunny
xO_LenaRalene

Aww bless, how often do you go back home to visit family?
Looks like you might have a potential artist on your hands, following in her dads footsteps.

Not too bad, up and down. Brooklyn is back living with me because his dad put him at risk and I removed Brooklyn from that situation. His dad is moving to another country at the end of August too, work and debt related.
Adam's brother is moving out soon too because he has a job relating to his university course (Social Work) that he's starting in August. Yes!
The kids are doing great, just about to finish school for the year. Now its the struggle to find stuff for them to do in the summer while im the only adult around. Things like swimming are out unless I have another adult with me because I can't keep an eye on them all at once. They've been enrolled into doing extra pratice in their clubs. Amerie's starting contemporary dancing, Pheobe is learning horse care, and then just extra matchs and stuff for Rio.
I'm also a part time mum to another one at the moment. Adam's best friend had her first, and her delivery was quite rough and she still feels ill. So i've been helping her with little Isla. Just reminds me that number five can wait.

We try to go once a year. But that doesn't always happen. I haven't been up there in about 2 1/2 years.

That's awesome that the kids are getting into activities! I can't wait for Autumn I start school & get in on the fun.

Speaking of Autumn.. I just cut about 6 inches off her hair. ): I bawled the whole time!!
I wish Aden's dad was willing to put him in activities. There was t-ball for 4 year olds right near their house and he refused to put him in...made a bunch of BS excuses instead. sad
It is so friggin hot over here, 28 degrees celcuis, something England is not use to!
We've all been lazing and moaning about the heat, and if that wasn't bad enough, the Olympics starts tomorrow. That s**t is gunna be all over the TV, eugh.
All we've managed to do is take the kids rockclimbing on site early in the morning, and then it gets waaaay too hot.
My feet are still nasty too ):

@Lena - Time gets the best of us, eh?
It's something ive really stressed because I wish I got the opportunity when I was younger. It's good for the kids to mix with other kids not at their school.
Wow, how short is her hair now? Would you donate the hair to charity? I dunno if charities in the US take hair that short to make wigs for sick kids, but here they do.

@Kayla - Always the way for holidays though. I feel like s**t!
Holy, thats a long drive. Maybe im stereotypically british but anything over an hour is a long distance drive and ill put if off if I can. I'm taking the kids to London for the Harry Potter studio tour (they don't know yet, its a suprise) and that'll take me 2 1/2 - 3 hours and im cringing at the thought of the drive.
That's a shame ): It would be nice for Aden or any kid to get into an activity. Even my Phoebe isn't the most sociable kid and being in clubs has really helped her, proof any kid would work well in clubs!
Ciara Bunny
It is so friggin hot over here, 28 degrees F, something England is not use to!
We've all been lazing and moaning about the heat, and if that wasn't bad enough, the Olympics starts tomorrow. That s**t is gunna be all over the TV, eugh.
All we've managed to do is take the kids rockclimbing on site early in the morning, and then it gets waaaay too hot.
My feet are still nasty too ):

@Lena - Time gets the best of us, eh?
It's something ive really stressed because I wish I got the opportunity when I was younger. It's good for the kids to mix with other kids not at their school.
Wow, how short is her hair now? Would you donate the hair to charity? I dunno if charities in the US take hair that short to make wigs for sick kids, but here they do.

@Kayla - Always the way for holidays though. I feel like s**t!
Holy, thats a long drive. Maybe im stereotypically british but anything over an hour is a long distance drive and ill put if off if I can. I'm taking the kids to London for the Harry Potter studio tour (they don't know yet, its a suprise) and that'll take me 2 1/2 - 3 hours and im cringing at the thought of the drive.
That's a shame ): It would be nice for Aden or any kid to get into an activity. Even my Phoebe isn't the most sociable kid and being in clubs has really helped her, proof any kid would work well in clubs!

Harry Potter studio?! I'm jealous!! Take me too!!!

We went down to my grandpa's this past weekend, which was just under a 3 hour drive...that's pretty average for anywhere we go. I haven't been on a 12 hour drive since I was a kid (my aunt's house was 12 hours away and we used to go every summer) - this will be Aden's first that's this long, and I'm really excited for it. I hated it when I was a kid...getting up at 4 am, being forced into the car, cramped up for a day...but looking back on it, it was always a fun adventure, and I'm so happy that I get to give that to Aden too. It was more fun driving through the mountains, and we'll just be driving through flat land...but I think it will still be good.
PetitChat

Harry Potter studio?! I'm jealous!! Take me too!!!

We went down to my grandpa's this past weekend, which was just under a 3 hour drive...that's pretty average for anywhere we go. I haven't been on a 12 hour drive since I was a kid (my aunt's house was 12 hours away and we used to go every summer) - this will be Aden's first that's this long, and I'm really excited for it. I hated it when I was a kid...getting up at 4 am, being forced into the car, cramped up for a day...but looking back on it, it was always a fun adventure, and I'm so happy that I get to give that to Aden too. It was more fun driving through the mountains, and we'll just be driving through flat land...but I think it will still be good.

Okay lets do it razz Just get a plane to London and ill meet you there, ha.
Heres the website link anyway: WB Studio Tour
I'm excited to go, I love the films and the books. The kids will scream with excitement when I tell them.
I think most Brits love Harry Potter, the films, simply because its all British actors performing in it and it gives us a bit of pride. Usually we are outbeaten by the US and Canadian actors. So it was time to show what we could do. I guess thats the same with the books, Rowling went from someone on benefits to a multimillionaire so she got where she did on talent.

We are doing other things in London too, the Natural History Muesem and then getting the kids to pick one thing each after we tell them. I plan to tell them when we get back from the seaside.
Holy, I could not travel in a car that long myself let alone with the kids. But I guess you are use to it if you've done it before. I would go around the bend.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff