Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anonymous_agent
im not really single but my partner works 12 hours a day so sometimes feels like it. im first time mom (25) to a 6 week old baby girl.
she was born by section as she refused to turn and even tho that all went great im now going insane as she does nothing but strain all day and night!
she isnt constipated and yes she is gassy but is it normal for her to strain so much? she goes bright red and sometimes even screams the place down

You're British arn't you? I've seen you around the LD before...
I don't really have any advice here, but if you are British i'd speak to your health visitor or GP for some advice if you are concerned.

However, I have found this on the NHS website NHS - Nappies which talks about baby poo. According to them straining and crying while pooing are normal.

I've never expierenced babies crying or straining until they are red in the face when they are pooing and not be constipated, even though I have four kids. I'd get her checked out if it worries you, better to be safe than sorry!
Aden and I are going to an outdoor pool with my friend and her son today! It's been super hot, so I figure we've got to do something to get out of our sauna of an apartment. I've never been to an outdoor pool, and I don't think Aden has either, so it should be interesting!
PetitChat
Aden and I are going to an outdoor pool with my friend and her son today! It's been super hot, so I figure we've got to do something to get out of our sauna of an apartment. I've never been to an outdoor pool, and I don't think Aden has either, so it should be interesting!

Sounds exciting, ive never been to an outdoor pool either. England doesn't really have the weather for it!
We've had bipolar weather here, excessive rain leading flooding in many areas and the odd days of extreme heat (for me) in between.
Ciara Bunny
PetitChat

Sounds exciting, ive never been to an outdoor pool either. England doesn't really have the weather for it!
We've had bipolar weather here, excessive rain leading flooding in many areas and the odd days of extreme heat (for me) in between.

Our summer weather started just a week ago, when it should've been hot for at least a month by now. But the last three days have been up to 30 degrees, which is a huge jump and hard to handle when it happens so fast. There are...three outdoor pools in the city and they're only open when the weather allows, of course. June-September is the time they're "supposed" to be open though. There weren't any in the town I grew up in, and I haven't really felt the need to go to once since moving to the city. Should be fun.
PetitChat
Ciara Bunny
PetitChat

Our summer weather started just a week ago, when it should've been hot for at least a month by now. But the last three days have been up to 30 degrees, which is a huge jump and hard to handle when it happens so fast. There are...three outdoor pools in the city and they're only open when the weather allows, of course. June-September is the time they're "supposed" to be open though. There weren't any in the town I grew up in, and I haven't really felt the need to go to once since moving to the city. Should be fun.

Global warming huh? Messing the weather up for everyone. I can't really say the English get a summer, though in recent years we've had more hot days.

My area doesn't even have an indoor pool. I'd have to drive 10 miles to our closest swimming pool. Thats what happens when you live in the country, everything is miles away.

Hope you both have fun.
Ciara Bunny
PetitChat
Ciara Bunny
PetitChat

Global warming huh? Messing the weather up for everyone. I can't really say the English get a summer, though in recent years we've had more hot days.

My area doesn't even have an indoor pool. I'd have to drive 10 miles to our closest swimming pool. Thats what happens when you live in the country, everything is miles away.

Hope you both have fun.

I'm skeptical about global warming. Here it seems more like the seasons have just shifted. Our summer is pretty much the same length it always was, and we have the same amount of super hot days...just now it usually starts around the end of June and goes until the middle/end of September, rather than May-August. It's weird.
PetitChat

I'm skeptical about global warming. Here it seems more like the seasons have just shifted. Our summer is pretty much the same length it always was, and we have the same amount of super hot days...just now it usually starts around the end of June and goes until the middle/end of September, rather than May-August. It's weird.

I think global warming exists, but im not exactly convinced that green house gas is behind it. Theres evidence to suggest that the world had a global hot period before the industrial revolution. I just dunno, im not completely convinced by any of the evidence. UK's weather has changed so much in recent years I can't deny that global warming isn't real.

I'm skeptical about a lot of things. Being interested in politics and sociology has taught me to take nothing at face value.
And its the same with Adam really, except he's completely cynical, we make a right (potentially depressing) pair!
Ciara Bunny
PetitChat

I think global warming exists, but im not exactly convinced that green house gas is behind it. Theres evidence to suggest that the world had a global hot period before the industrial revolution. I just dunno, im not completely convinced by any of the evidence. UK's weather has changed so much in recent years I can't deny that global warming isn't real.

I'm skeptical about a lot of things. Being interested in politics and sociology has taught me to take nothing at face value.
And its the same with Adam really, except he's completely cynical, we make a right (potentially depressing) pair!

I think these things just happen in phases! I mean, most record-breaking temperatures, heat wise, happened within the same span of years like 80 years ago or whatever. And record-breaking cold temperatures happened, say, 60 years ago in the same span of years. That's all I think it is. I'm not into that stuff at all, so that's just my opinion.

I'm not really sure if i fit into this thread, I've never seen it around before so i thought I'd come say hello razz

I have a feeling i will end up being a single parent. I love my fiance a lot but recently we just grind on eachother and he comes to see me and I make him leave :/
We have decided to stay living apart until when (& if) we get married. But i can't see a future with him anymore. we used to talk about being old people sitting outside with a bony cat and old dog. But now we have to make an effort to have a natural hug. sad

He's going to come stay with me when our baby's born. I don't have any doubts he will always be around for her, he does love her.

I just don't know, maybe you'll see more of me?
PetitChat

I think these things just happen in phases! I mean, most record-breaking temperatures, heat wise, happened within the same span of years like 80 years ago or whatever. And record-breaking cold temperatures happened, say, 60 years ago in the same span of years. That's all I think it is. I'm not into that stuff at all, so that's just my opinion.

I think that depends on geographical location. England has had more snow, we didn't use to get snow that often and now its almost yearly around Christmas. It may go, it may stay. I can't say that right now.
With everything else going on socially and politically in my own country and lots of other countries its the least of my worries!

K-Nesss

I'm not really sure if i fit into this thread, I've never seen it around before so i thought I'd come say hello razz

I have a feeling i will end up being a single parent. I love my fiance a lot but recently we just grind on eachother and he comes to see me and I make him leave :/
We have decided to stay living apart until when (& if) we get married. But i can't see a future with him anymore. we used to talk about being old people sitting outside with a bony cat and old dog. But now we have to make an effort to have a natural hug. sad

He's going to come stay with me when our baby's born. I don't have any doubts he will always be around for her, he does love her.

Hello and welcome to the thread.

I'm sorry to hear about your fiance and you, but I hope you come to decision you can be happy with. Congrats on your girl too.

We've all been single parents here, so feel free to pop in and chat.
K-Nesss

First of all, good luck with everything. So you're currently pregnant, yes? Honestly, don't "plan" on not being together or whatever - pregnancy can put a lot of strain on a relationship, so even though it might be tough now, it might work itself out when the baby comes and things change...or, it might not. But don't plan on one way or the other...just let things happen the way they want to happen.

Feel free to stick around! We're not often a super busy thread, but we're nice people (at least I think so, haha) and we'll be here if you need us.
Ciara Bunny
PetitChat

I think that depends on geographical location. England has had more snow, we didn't use to get snow that often and now its almost yearly around Christmas. It may go, it may stay. I can't say that right now.
With everything else going on socially and politically in my own country and lots of other countries its the least of my worries!

And here we don't get as much snow as we did when I was a kid! It used to be snowy and freezing cold every year on my birthday (Halloween) and we'd have to have costumes big enough to fit over our snow suits. Now Aden usually only has to wear a fall jacket and maybe a sweater underneath his when he goes trick or treating. I remember a few years, too, where there would be like 3 feet of snow on the ground in December/January, and now it never snows that much without most of it melting before the rest comes down. This past winter we hardly got any subzero temperatures until January...it was the mildest winter I can remember, really.
PetitChat

And here we don't get as much snow as we did when I was a kid! It used to be snowy and freezing cold every year on my birthday (Halloween) and we'd have to have costumes big enough to fit over our snow suits. Now Aden usually only has to wear a fall jacket and maybe a sweater underneath his when he goes trick or treating. I remember a few years, too, where there would be like 3 feet of snow on the ground in December/January, and now it never snows that much without most of it melting before the rest comes down. This past winter we hardly got any subzero temperatures until January...it was the mildest winter I can remember, really.

We've stolen your snow. I hate it, can you have it back? xp
Ciara Bunny
PetitChat

We've stolen your snow. I hate it, can you have it back? xp

Haha I'm good! Actually, I don't mind the snow...being Canadian and all! I hate being cold, and I hate when it soaks into my shoes and socks...but for the most part, I don't mind it. I miss being able to miss work due to weather. Haha
@K-Nesss; Welcome to the thread! & by all means, feel free to stick around! Babies do add stress to any relationship so it may seem bad now but it could ease out. I've been in your exact situation. & now I'm married to my daughters father. Feel free to stick around, though!

Weather here has been CRAZY as well. Last two weeks it was 100+ & now it's supposed to rain & storm all week this week. It's also been really humid & muggy. One day it got up to like 114. I thought I was going to die! Haha.

I feel like I neglect this thread. /: I really need to come on more often!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff