Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Kristy_098
Shima Shinji
Kristy_098
Shima Shinji
Kristy_098
Okay i have a question.

I have dual citizenship cause i was born in Arizona but both my parents are Canadian. So if this baby is born in Canada but since i'm technically American will the baby have dual citizenship too? (Mat is Canadian)

The baby is a citizen of whatever country it's born in, unless you're an ambassador.
So confusing...so how did i get dual citizenship? :S

Because you were born in the US, then moved with your parents to Canada and lived there for however long it takes to become a citizen.
No i didn't i have had dual citizenship from the time i was still living in Arizona. This stuff is so confusing xD

Anyone born in the US automatically gets citizenship, so that is where you got the US citizenship from. I assume since your parents are Canadian that automatically grants you citizenship for that country, thus you are a dual citizen.

Since the baby will be born in Canada to Canadian parents it will be a Canadian citizen. You might be able to get US citizenship as well for the baby depending on how old you were when you lived in the US, and how long you were here.
AraTeran

Anyone born in the US automatically gets citizenship, so that is where you got the US citizenship from. I assume since your parents are Canadian that automatically grants you citizenship for that country, thus you are a dual citizen.

Since the baby will be born in Canada to Canadian parents it will be a Canadian citizen. You might be able to get US citizenship as well for the baby depending on how old you were when you lived in the US, and how long you were here.
Ah i just thought i'm technically American since i'm born there and my birth certificate is American and such. Also i lived there for 15 years

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Kristy_098
AraTeran

Ah i just thought i'm technically American since i'm born there and my birth certificate is American and such. Also i lived there for 15 years

Here is what the US website says for a baby born abroad (in your case Canada) with one American citizen as a parent:

Quote:

If your child was born on or after 11/14/86, and only one parent was a U.S. citizen at the time of the child's birth, the child may have acquired U.S. citizenship at birth if the U.S. citizen parent was physically present in the USA for periods totaling five years prior to the child's birth, at least two of which where after their 14th birthday.

Friendly Wench

KK-RAWR-KK
its just no just adopt

Um, would you mind clarifying what this means?

Devoted Saint

Kristy_098
Okay i have a question.

I have dual citizenship cause i was born in Arizona but both my parents are Canadian. So if this baby is born in Canada but since i'm technically American will the baby have dual citizenship too? (Mat is Canadian)

This was a question my husband and I were talking. He was Born in Germany, but has been USA Citizen for 10 years this year. His mother is 88 and we barely get to visit Germany as it is, and the cost of flying over. So we were thinking of having our child in Germany, so that his mother, and family can see the baby and just fly back to the states when the baby is old enough to fly. ( We are afraid that if we have our baby before we would visit- it would not be for a few years after the babys birth, and considering his mothers age....We would like for her to see her grandchild.)

So we were discussing the same thing, of what Country citizenship the baby would be under. I think because he is now a US Citizen, our baby would not have duel automatically, or any ties to Germany, as far as dueling. But We were wondering about the "What if" IF we had the baby in Germany.

To answer your question, I think your baby would just be American, but with no dueling, because you live in the USA and not Canada.- AraTeran said what I was going to say after that :3

Friendly Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Clambake 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Elizabeth Titania Marian was born yesterday February 6th at 5:04 pm weighing in at 7 lb 8 oz 20 inches long

Birth story:
So... I was actually dilated to a 3. Unfortunately that means that I was at a 3 for 5 hours. Making her a very high risk of distress and because my body was becoming very tired it made the risk even higher. So I decided to eliminate the risk of having to go through the distress of both mine and her body I had a c-section. It is a good thing I did because the top of her head had been stuck slightly and she had a cone for a head for a few hours. But I am at 12 hours of recovery and am able to assisted walk without passing out and she is doing wonderfully. She snorts alot because when they cleared out her nose and lungs it irritated the inside of her nose but her breathing is nice and steady. Breast feeding is going great and I love doing it! That is pretty much all I have to update.

She is so beautiful and looks just like I did when I was born. Even has a similar birth story to me only my mom waited till I was distressed.

Blue_666's Kouhai

Invisible Vampire

14,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pieversity 200
User Image

So since mom still has the pictures, and baby is now a week old I figured I'd take a crappy picture on my computer to show all you ladies. He isn't awake right now, but I figureI'll get more pictures later.

Hygienic Exhibitionist

9,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
I can't wait for my JoJo... crying I wanna hold him and cuddle him...
First of all cute babies everyone!!

And second my doctors appointment today went well. The babies heartbeat is at 146 and i will be getting the gender ultrasound on the 28th biggrin I'm so excited! Sad i have to wait so long since i will be 18 weeks on the 11th but oh well i get to find out biggrin
CatastrophicRainbow

Elizabeth Titania Marian was born yesterday February 6th at 5:04 pm weighing in at 7 lb 8 oz 20 inches long

Birth story:
So... I was actually dilated to a 3. Unfortunately that means that I was at a 3 for 5 hours. Making her a very high risk of distress and because my body was becoming very tired it made the risk even higher. So I decided to eliminate the risk of having to go through the distress of both mine and her body I had a c-section. It is a good thing I did because the top of her head had been stuck slightly and she had a cone for a head for a few hours. But I am at 12 hours of recovery and am able to assisted walk without passing out and she is doing wonderfully. She snorts alot because when they cleared out her nose and lungs it irritated the inside of her nose but her breathing is nice and steady. Breast feeding is going great and I love doing it! That is pretty much all I have to update.

She is so beautiful and looks just like I did when I was born. Even has a similar birth story to me only my mom waited till I was distressed.
Congrats! She is gorgeous heart

Feral Kitten

She's one week today!

Shameless Consumer

CatastrophicRainbow

Birth story:

She's so cute! Congrats!

And Soraanki your little man is so precious too!
Daaaw!
All the baby feels! You guys have gorgeous little ones!

Sparkly Gekko

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Consumer 100

Sparkly Gekko

7,700 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Consumer 100
^_^ your guys' babies are SO CUTE

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items