Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Interesting Werewolf

9,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Does anyone else have trouble getting the SO to help them out with the lo's? Im prego and I asked my hubby to entertain levi while i went potty and he flipped out on me saying levi and I needed to go to bed SMH. Its been like that since I got pregnant, and the dr told him i couldnt lift levi anymore so now when i ask him to put levi in his highchair its another baby throwing a fit... idk what to do.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Finally have a boppi pillow and nursing bras. Plus some more cute onesies for Liam.
Lynn: She's getting too big! Soooo cute... she looks so much like you!

Crying: I'm bipolar so I have bad mood swings as it is... but I cry a lot over Maddy... it's the "OMG I love you so much or you're getting so big" crying... haha

COLFAXave: Hi and welcome!

Sae: I wouldn't allow it either... it's illegal and I'm always paranoid that people could be busted at any time and innocent people will get caught up in the mix. Plus the smoke hangs on everything; carpets, furniture, etc.

Sindrellia: Whoa... no... My husband helps with everything when he's home. Often on the weekend he gets up with her so I can sleep in... in the evening he'll get her to sleep... I wouldn't put up with a SO who doesn't help with their children... You'll have to talk to him and see why he's putting up such a fuss.
COLFAXave
Shima Shinji
COLFAXave
Hi ya'll... I am a mommy too. Don't mind me joining in do ya? Never really hung out on this part of Gaia! ^_^

Are you pregnant or do you already have your little one? Either way, lots of us are new and not-so-new mommies.

No longer pregnant (but boy do I have baby fever!)! My son's name is Jude. He turns 14 months tomorrow smile
We just recently moved to SC from CO so my life has been a bit turned around for the last few weeks and I am trying to settle in and get established again. Really missing my friends from back home!

Welcome to the thread!

I totally get the baby fever...my son is 4 (and I think I make it worse for myself by hanging out with all these preggos and new mommies!) razz
Sae Insanity
So I have yet another worry...yet again coming from Corey's mom (Lucca's biological father is Corey, for those wondering)
Corey told me that his mother allows her daughter and her daughter's boyfriend to smoke POT IN THE HOUSE. And he also said that his mom and her boyfriend smoke cigarettes so much that he can hardly stand to live there.

Now, she told me she was working on making the house smoke-free for Lucca to be staying there. But...unless the pot smoking is STOPPED all together, NOT just when Lucca is there...I don't even want her there. Am I taking it too far? I don't even want people to smoke around me when I'm pregnant, let alone her when she's born...

It just makes me extremely uncomfortable to know that pot is being smoked there now...How do I know that her daughter wouldn't do it while Lucca is there if I'm away?

But I don't want to get Corey on his mom's bad side for telling me, and I KNOW I'll just piss them off more if I tell them that she won't be there unless it's stopped all together...

I think the most you can do is be thankful they're making their house smoke free for Lucca, and don't allow Lucca to be there if it's not - pot or cigarettes. You can make people stop their habits. I tried, many times, when Aden was a baby...and nothing ever worked.

Mistypaw's Partner

Chatty Regular

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Voter 100
Thank you ladies!
She really is my little clone.
I just love her to pieces <3

@digi: yay boppy and nursing bras!

Aged Capitalist

PetitChat
COLFAXave
Shima Shinji
COLFAXave
Hi ya'll... I am a mommy too. Don't mind me joining in do ya? Never really hung out on this part of Gaia! ^_^

Are you pregnant or do you already have your little one? Either way, lots of us are new and not-so-new mommies.

No longer pregnant (but boy do I have baby fever!)! My son's name is Jude. He turns 14 months tomorrow smile
We just recently moved to SC from CO so my life has been a bit turned around for the last few weeks and I am trying to settle in and get established again. Really missing my friends from back home!

Welcome to the thread!

I totally get the baby fever...my son is 4 (and I think I make it worse for myself by hanging out with all these preggos and new mommies!) razz

I know Exactly What you mean! I keep telling all my friends they better not have any babies or I will need to have one (which we aren't ready for until summer 2013 lol). My SIL just had a baby and I am so jealous. Ugh story of my life, and I haven't even decided yet if we want more than one! Do you want more?

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
@Smoking: Everyone's been really cool so far about the no smoking in the house. I think we'll have issues when he's older with James' parents; but it will be their grandson or their addictions. They can go outside, or we'll stay outside. Simple as that.

His family is big with pot; and it makes me uncomfortable. I mean, it's illegal. That's my biggest issue with it. I don't anything to happen because of it. James was raised with it though and tells me he doesn't want his son to be "sheltered". Just because he's not around it doesn't mean he'll be sheltered. >_<

@Coldfax {sorry if I misspelled that}: Welcome! I'm a new mommy. And always needing advice from older ones, just ask around.

I'm already loving the boppy and the nursing bra. So much better than the old sports ones I was wearing. heart Comfy too!

Tomorrow is the next doctor visit. I'm hoping Liam weighs more. I don't need to worry about his frikkin' weight. I mean, he's hydrated, giving me diapers. What more is there? Of course the little punk has been iffy with his feedings today. I'll need to pump if I'm not too tired when I get back from picking up James from work.

Other than that, I can't wait to share the Halloween onesies he got from his Nan and Mamaw. Spent the night with my friends and I felt just like the person I used to be in high school. I was making people laugh so hard they started tearing up. It was wonderful to feel like that again. heart

I think Friday after a quick bank run, I'm just going to stay home. I like home. And after today, tomorrow's doctor visit, and Saturday, I think I could use a home day. Although Eevee is going to attempt to spend the night in this chaos. heart

Also, sunday is mine and James' second wedding anniversary. It dawned on me when I was driving over to my friends.

I'm a mommy and a Mrs {which I learned where that abbreviation comes from, it's not from Missus; but from Mistress, bum chicka bum bum}.

Sorry for the long post, I'm just in a really great mood. I was spoiled a little, and I feel bad for the money spent on me, but I'm very; very grateful.

Oh! And used the wrap while in Wal-Mart today. Got tons "Awwws" from people. Three little girls walked by us and did that in sync. So adorable!

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Stephanie: I love our Army life... but it's really taking a toll on me. Especially with my dad taking another deployment so soon. Ashton's clear favorite is his Pawpaw... and it breaks my heart.
Especially with us moving to Alaska, he wont get to see the boys as often as he did.

I don't know. We're all getting tired of it. The last two years have been my husband, best friend, brother, dad, and now dad again deploying... :[

Nater: Hooray! What a cute littleun!!!

THM: I can't believe she has a tooth already! Travis has one.. slowly coming in, poor thing. Are you still nursing? If so.. how is that with teeth? I'm fearful for when Travis gets one in... I'm happy with gums for .. forever xD

Digi: I love LOVE that you are calling him Liam! It's one of my very favorite names. It's my doggy's name! So creative. And nursing bra's are amazing!
COLFAXave
PetitChat
COLFAXave
Shima Shinji

Welcome to the thread!

I know Exactly What you mean! I keep telling all my friends they better not have any babies or I will need to have one (which we aren't ready for until summer 2013 lol). My SIL just had a baby and I am so jealous. Ugh story of my life, and I haven't even decided yet if we want more than one! Do you want more?

Two of my good friends are due very soon - one of them is having a girl in November and the other is having TWIN girls in December! They're both really excited, and I plan on visiting them both a lot and getting my fill of baby while I can! razz

Who knows how long it will be for me. Tyler doesn't want to have babies until we're married...and who knows when THAT will be!

Friendly Lunatic

10,700 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Clambake 200
Sae Insanity
So I have yet another worry...yet again coming from Corey's mom (Lucca's biological father is Corey, for those wondering)
Corey told me that his mother allows her daughter and her daughter's boyfriend to smoke POT IN THE HOUSE. And he also said that his mom and her boyfriend smoke cigarettes so much that he can hardly stand to live there.

Now, she told me she was working on making the house smoke-free for Lucca to be staying there. But...unless the pot smoking is STOPPED all together, NOT just when Lucca is there...I don't even want her there. Am I taking it too far? I don't even want people to smoke around me when I'm pregnant, let alone her when she's born...

It just makes me extremely uncomfortable to know that pot is being smoked there now...How do I know that her daughter wouldn't do it while Lucca is there if I'm away?

But I don't want to get Corey on his mom's bad side for telling me, and I KNOW I'll just piss them off more if I tell them that she won't be there unless it's stopped all together...
... I told my entire family (including my grandmother) that I forbid there from being ANY sort of smoking/drinking/substance abuse around my child. Ever. (I might be more pliant as she gets older but until then if they want to be around my daughter I will not have that s**t around PERIOD)

Greedy Receiver

Sindrellia
Does anyone else have trouble getting the SO to help them out with the lo's? Im prego and I asked my hubby to entertain levi while i went potty and he flipped out on me saying levi and I needed to go to bed SMH. Its been like that since I got pregnant, and the dr told him i couldnt lift levi anymore so now when i ask him to put levi in his highchair its another baby throwing a fit... idk what to do.

Not at all. When my husband is home from work, he’s 100% hands on with Chad and participating as a wonderful father. If there are days when he is just much too tired to help with anything because of his long work hours then I am happy to let him nap and he normally takes Chad with him to nap so that I can still relax – otherwise, I’m happy enough taking Chad for his resting times.

I suppose it is normal for him to get stressed, just like you, but if he’s disregarding your feelings and your doctor’s notice then I think it’s time to have a heart-to-heart discussion about how committed he could be to this. Is he having doubts? Second thoughts? Does he not understand how important that doctor’s notice is for you not to lift your child? Does he come with to prenatal appointments?

Chances are he could be stressed and cannot communicate properly from it. You can ask your doctor if the hospital you attend offers relationship counseling. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with some counseling in any relationship.

Fashionable Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
Thanks for all the comments on my little Aaliyah boo bum guys<3

Question though, at the moment I get a bit depressed come evenings when Aaliyah has her long sleep, like, the other day I kinda cried all over her dad and today I was sitting at the table and noises were just getting to me so I was crying again but as soon as I heard her crying for her feed I brightened up instantly.

Question is, do/did any of you feel happier when it was time to breastfeed and kinda get out of a depressive slump? Or is this just me?
B|

Also, kinda pissed off at the hospital- When I was there she had one night where she screamed like, nearly all night so they took her, and she was still screaming on them so they came and asked me if I was a smoker or if I drank a lot of caffeine while I was pregnant- Neither of which I did to be honest, maybe the caffeine at a stretch because I had tea and coffee nearly everyday but it was only ever two cups a day if I was feeling up to it which wasn't very often and I drank coke maybe once in a blue moon.

Turns out they listed me as a smoker after that, even though I told them quite clearly that I'm not a smoker, at all.

Shameless Consumer

Naterbee
Thanks for all the comments on my little Aaliyah boo bum guys<3

Question though, at the moment I get a bit depressed come evenings when Aaliyah has her long sleep, like, the other day I kinda cried all over her dad and today I was sitting at the table and noises were just getting to me so I was crying again but as soon as I heard her crying for her feed I brightened up instantly.

Question is, do/did any of you feel happier when it was time to breastfeed and kinda get out of a depressive slump? Or is this just me?
B|

Also, kinda pissed off at the hospital- When I was there she had one night where she screamed like, nearly all night so they took her, and she was still screaming on them so they came and asked me if I was a smoker or if I drank a lot of caffeine while I was pregnant- Neither of which I did to be honest, maybe the caffeine at a stretch because I had tea and coffee nearly everyday but it was only ever two cups a day if I was feeling up to it which wasn't very often and I drank coke maybe once in a blue moon.

Turns out they listed me as a smoker after that, even though I told them quite clearly that I'm not a smoker, at all.

Breastfeeding releases endorphins, which would explain it. As long as it doesn't get to the point where you're depressed/on the verge of tears every time she's not breastfeeding, I wouldn't worry about it.
Rachel: Yeah, I can talk big but Brandon hadn't deployed. His job wouldn't deploy much nor for long but who knows how it could have been. I'm just missing my friends, my family, and the area. I just finally got settled in at NC after a year+ only to be ripped away again and forced to start over again... which, would have happened in the military anyway... but it's so much easier to network on base... >_<

Nater: I can't remember that far back... but the early weeks of Maddy's life is a real blurr... sleep deprived and manic depressive doesn't mix well x-x

Well that's just s**t! They shouldn't have done that. I'm sure nothing will come of it though. If her Pedi asks, just say they marked it wrong.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff