Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Kitakiy
Watermellon Pisces
Sorry I wasn't on yesteday...I broke my charger and have it hot-wired so it'll work. XP
Anyway yesterday was my sonogram and besides an old man being my dr. I think it went amazingly. I saw my baby on the screen *sqwee* I'm exactly 10 weeks (and a day now) but they couldn't find the heart beat is that normal/ok?
Then I had a mini freakout yesterday because Ben and I were alone finally and one thing came to another and we had amazing sex...but afterwards he noticed I was bleeding so I moped the rest of the evening sooo worried I was miscarrying. The bleeding wasn't bad and it stopped so I think it was from just being too rough...unless anyone else has input. ^-^

I know that some people are saying that it's normal, but as far as I know (And I'm not trying to be pessimistic, just trying to give the facts) the heartbeat starts at 6 weeks and by the 8 week time it should be easily located. At ten weeks for sure. I went in on this pregnancy at six weeks and didn't see it, but by week eight it was clear as day.
If you had a differnet scan done, it might be different, but at the very least you should be able to see it... what did the doctor say? Your doctor should have told you SOMETHING about it - if he didn't, find a different one.
You should get a re-scan done in a week, and no later. See if there has been growth, look for the heartbeat again, etc. What kind of scan-thingy did they use? The vaginal one is best for early pregnancy. If they used the one on your belly then it IS possible they missed it.

The bleeding is another indicator of something possibly being wrong - however, it's not unheard of for women to bleed and still have otherwise normal pregnancies - it's possile that perhaps your guy was being just a little rough or that you're just super-extra sensitive down there. But call your doctor.

I must sound like a total a** to everyone in here, but when they couldn't find the heartbeat at eight weeks at my doctor's office during my first pregnancy, they knew that it was gone - and they of course checked a week later to confirm, and there had been no growth or heartbeat or anything, but I hadn't had any signs of miscarrying - which is called a 'missed abortion' - basically, misscarriage that your body doesn't recognize. It can make you very sick if you don't get it taken care of.
I was devastated, but having a whole bunch of people tell me that they must have done the scan wrong or that it was just missed or late or something - didn't help in the least. In gave me false hope and I was all mixed up in the head until I got the second scan done, and then my heart was broken yet again. I did craptons of online research and EVERYTHING pointed towards what the doctor said.
I'm wishing you lots and lots of luck and hoping that by some miracle the doctor messed up or was blind or something...

I was about to say the same thing. At eight weeks we did a vaginal ultrasound (or whatever it is called) and they heard a strong heartbeat, and when I had my perinatal appointment they still
heard a strong heartbeat then too. They say that no heartbeat increases the risk of miscarrying, or one that is not strong raises worry for one. So I was worried too that she wasn't able to hear it ..but I don't know all the details and points and stuff.

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
My boyfriend's oldest sister just gave me a bunch of maternity clothes. She is so nice to me right now crying

Shameless Consumer

o 0 R e i k a 0 o
User Image

For the last few days I haven't had this problem at all. But since
a couple weeks ago I've had this problem that whenever I would get up from
either laying down or sitting I would get this rather painful feeling in my lower
abdomen slightly off to the side, not the center. It gets so bad it becomes very
difficult for me to walk normally where I have to have my husband help me walk
as I hunch over and sometimes limp (occasionally that has happened) and others
where I don't take the effort to go back where I was so I just fall to the ground and
sit there. It has only happened up to a couple times a day at the most, but usually
just once. I've been assuming its my ligaments struggling because my baby is in
the growth stage now, and I'm definitely bringing it up at my next doctors appointment
...which thankfully is in a couple days x.x;

I was just wondering if there's anyone else that has had this happen to them?
Or if anyone has an idea that it could possibly be something other than my ligaments.

User Image

Sounds just like round ligament pain. It's painful, but as long as it lasts just for a few seconds I wouldn't worry about it.

@Watermellon Pisces: I'm surprised they didn't schedule you for a follow-up ultrasound as well. Not finding it with a doppler is pretty normal until 13-14 weeks, but at 10 weeks they're usually able to find it by ultrasound. Not to say that anything is wrong, you just might not be as far along as they think, which is usually why they reschedule for a week later.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Going to be a long night.
Ashton poked me in the eye with a popsicle stick.
He isn't allowed out of his room until he actually says sorry. =/.

So far it's already been a half hour. Him speaking it isn't the problem. He has become quite the little talker. But he needs to learn to apologize.
*sigh.
I'm not even being mean with him, simply asking for him to say " Mommy sorry " and he can come out to play again.

I think it's fair enough for getting eye jabbed.. e_e
Shima Shinji
User Image

Ya it doesn't last to long, but boy does it hurt.
Well its good to know its normal..ish XP

User Image
Kitakiy
Watermellon Pisces
Sorry I wasn't on yesteday...I broke my charger and have it hot-wired so it'll work. XP
Anyway yesterday was my sonogram and besides an old man being my dr. I think it went amazingly. I saw my baby on the screen *sqwee* I'm exactly 10 weeks (and a day now) but they couldn't find the heart beat is that normal/ok?
Then I had a mini freakout yesterday because Ben and I were alone finally and one thing came to another and we had amazing sex...but afterwards he noticed I was bleeding so I moped the rest of the evening sooo worried I was miscarrying. The bleeding wasn't bad and it stopped so I think it was from just being too rough...unless anyone else has input. ^-^

I know that some people are saying that it's normal, but as far as I know (And I'm not trying to be pessimistic, just trying to give the facts) the heartbeat starts at 6 weeks and by the 8 week time it should be easily located. At ten weeks for sure. I went in on this pregnancy at six weeks and didn't see it, but by week eight it was clear as day.
If you had a differnet scan done, it might be different, but at the very least you should be able to see it... what did the doctor say? Your doctor should have told you SOMETHING about it - if he didn't, find a different one.
You should get a re-scan done in a week, and no later. See if there has been growth, look for the heartbeat again, etc. What kind of scan-thingy did they use? The vaginal one is best for early pregnancy. If they used the one on your belly then it IS possible they missed it.

The bleeding is another indicator of something possibly being wrong - however, it's not unheard of for women to bleed and still have otherwise normal pregnancies - it's possile that perhaps your guy was being just a little rough or that you're just super-extra sensitive down there. But call your doctor.

I must sound like a total a** to everyone in here, but when they couldn't find the heartbeat at eight weeks at my doctor's office during my first pregnancy, they knew that it was gone - and they of course checked a week later to confirm, and there had been no growth or heartbeat or anything, but I hadn't had any signs of miscarrying - which is called a 'missed abortion' - basically, misscarriage that your body doesn't recognize. It can make you very sick if you don't get it taken care of.
I was devastated, but having a whole bunch of people tell me that they must have done the scan wrong or that it was just missed or late or something - didn't help in the least. In gave me false hope and I was all mixed up in the head until I got the second scan done, and then my heart was broken yet again. I did craptons of online research and EVERYTHING pointed towards what the doctor said.
I'm wishing you lots and lots of luck and hoping that by some miracle the doctor messed up or was blind or something...

Well...I don't know much about this. It was a a vaginal sonogram thingy. They found the baby and snapped a picture really quick then did something to hear the heartbeat...I'll call my dr tomorrow to see how soon they can see me... I'm sorta freaking out now.

Mistypaw's Partner

Chatty Regular

6,900 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Voter 100
Hello ladies, I hope everyone is doing well~
I'm super excited, my baby shower is this weekend.
My biffle bought me half of the little stuff I wanted and some big things and someone bought me the playpen I wanted!
It's already shaping up to be an awesome baby shower, I can't wait to see what everyone got.

Adorable Fatcat

SlightlyBurntCupcake
Going to be a long night.
Ashton poked me in the eye with a popsicle stick.
He isn't allowed out of his room until he actually says sorry. =/.

So far it's already been a half hour. Him speaking it isn't the problem. He has become quite the little talker. But he needs to learn to apologize.
*sigh.
I'm not even being mean with him, simply asking for him to say " Mommy sorry " and he can come out to play again.

I think it's fair enough for getting eye jabbed.. e_e

Don't give in. He definitely needs to apologize.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Mightelove

Thank you for the support. crying
He is continuing to throw a fit.

I tell him to say " I'm sorry " or " Ashy sorry" and he nods.

I mean, I explain the situation to him each time I go back into his room, he knows what he did and he knows he is in trouble.
But I have to take a stand with this, I'm so sick of him not apologizing. I'm hoping, once he does and realizes that it means he can come out, that he will use it more often.
Soooo... Kairi is a little booger.

My doctor is on vacation, so his replacement did the check up today. Apparently the baby didn't like her because she hid.

No joke, we couldn't find her heart beat on the doppler for 5 to maybe 10 minutes. I could feel her moving but we just couldn't find it. The doctor was getting more and more worried with every second. She even went to change dopplers.

She was almost about to give up and take me into the other room with the ultrasound when she finally was able to locate the little monsters heart.

The poor lady. I think she thought the baby had died or something.. which I knew wasn't possible because I felt her moving around and kicking.

I go back again next week. They didn't check me for dilation or anything but they did give me my disability form to fill out.

Adorable Fatcat

SlightlyBurntCupcake
Mightelove

Thank you for the support. crying
He is continuing to throw a fit.

I tell him to say " I'm sorry " or " Ashy sorry" and he nods.

I mean, I explain the situation to him each time I go back into his room, he knows what he did and he knows he is in trouble.
But I have to take a stand with this, I'm so sick of him not apologizing. I'm hoping, once he does and realizes that it means he can come out, that he will use it more often.

From experience I can tell you that it is hard to get them to start saying it. I don't know why. It's like they comprehend that you are hurt. They comprehend that it's from an action of theirs. They just don't comprehend WHY they need to apologize. It takes persistence and a hell of a lot of patience, but it pays off in the end. It probably stems from the extremely egocentric nature of your average toddler. They just don't understand that the world doesn't revolve around them.

Friendly Citizen

6,975 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
heart ah the journey of parenting heart
my baby is still a year old and i am also nearing that stage where i have to inculcate in my daughter the right values....
cheers to all the parents and soon to be parents! 4laugh

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Mightelove

From experience I can tell you that it is hard to get them to start saying it. I don't know why. It's like they comprehend that you are hurt. They comprehend that it's from an action of theirs. They just don't comprehend WHY they need to apologize. It takes persistence and a hell of a lot of patience, but it pays off in the end. It probably stems from the extremely egocentric nature of your average toddler. They just don't understand that the world doesn't revolve around them.

I'm taking the situation very patiently. He knows how to speak, so I mean.. he can say sorry.
If he has to waste an evening in his room, than so be it. He can scream " No mommy" at me all night whenever I leave, but until he says sorry, he isn't allowed to leave.

He will either just work himself up and fall asleep, or he will figure it out and apologize.
In my head it seems a little cruel.. but I mean, he wasn't spanked or put in a corner. All he is being asked is to apologize.
He can come out to have dinner when it's ready, but if he still wont say it, then he can go right back.
I just feel like I need to be diligent with this.. I want him to realize apologizing is good..
I turned 18 yesterday, and I'm 18 weeks pregnant. The father of my baby kept changing his mind on being with me and being a father, so he gets what he wants - to be a part time father.
I'm back with an ex of mine, my first 'real' boyfriend from when I was 15. <3 He's been a lot of help, and still wants to be with me even though I'm pregnant with some other guy's baby. I don't even know what to think of everything.

My family (and a lot of friends) are saying to take the father of my baby to court once I have the baby, to make it so he can't have it overnight at all and so that he can't just take the baby whenever he pleases. He lives with his mother, 30some year old brother, his daughter, his 19 year old sister, her boyfriend, her 4 year old daughter - in a 3 bedroom house. He's currently sharing the basement with his mom on a different side of the basement but there's still no privacy or anything, and is only making $35 a week... which he just blew a lot on for two tattoos on his arms. I'm just worried about stuff like... what if the court doesn't see a problem with the baby staying with it's father? Even after telling me to adopt it out, get an abortion, and that he was gonna sign off rights if I got him for child support? I've been told it's not likely, but still... what if? =/

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
AND IT WORKED!
He spent three hours in his room ..

HOWEVER, during dinner , when he was nearly finished he looked over and says
" Sorry mama, sorry"

Ahhh. Now we can just enjoy the evening.. since most of it was wasted. But I wasn't giving up!
Hopefully he learned.. that if he doesn't apologize, he will go spend time in his room. emotion_kirakira

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff