Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Days of Raine
User Image
I would definitely call your OB's office first thing in the morning! That could have been real contractions.

I just woke up and got my shower in. We will be heading out to the doctors today. I haven't had anything too bad since I woke up.. just hip pain. Hopefully they will tell me what's up.

Shirtless Informer

Heading to DC in a few hours. First time doing some activism since getting pregnant. Here's hoping it goes well.... I think the bathroom will be my biggest issue... lol heart
Sorry I wasn't on yesteday...I broke my charger and have it hot-wired so it'll work. XP
Anyway yesterday was my sonogram and besides an old man being my dr. I think it went amazingly. I saw my baby on the screen *sqwee* I'm exactly 10 weeks (and a day now) but they couldn't find the heart beat is that normal/ok?
Then I had a mini freakout yesterday because Ben and I were alone finally and one thing came to another and we had amazing sex...but afterwards he noticed I was bleeding so I moped the rest of the evening sooo worried I was miscarrying. The bleeding wasn't bad and it stopped so I think it was from just being too rough...unless anyone else has input. ^-^

Shirtless Informer

Watermellon Pisces
they couldn't find the heart beat is that normal/ok?

Yep. Like I said the other day, you're pretty early still and it's not surprising to not find the heartbeat yet. No worries, you'll hear it eventually! heart smile
Lilith Delost
Watermellon Pisces

Yep. Like I said the other day, you're pretty early still and it's not surprising to not find the heartbeat yet. No worries, you'll hear it eventually! heart smile

Ok...because it bugged me when I started bleeding that it was a sign or something that I was going to misscarry since they couldn't find the heartbeat. I was a mess last night poor Ben. xp

Dapper Phantom

Lilith Delost
Heading to DC in a few hours. First time doing some activism since getting pregnant. Here's hoping it goes well.... I think the bathroom will be my biggest issue... lol heart

Good luck to you on your journey! I hope you don't get jostled around too much. What issue are you protesting against? (PM me if you don't want to broadcast why!)

Oh my goodness, I'm going through some severe swelling in my feet! My doctors don't know what advice to give me now - walk an hour a day! Never mind, stay off your feet as much as possible! gonk Make up your minds!

Shirtless Informer

Watermellon Pisces
Lilith Delost
Watermellon Pisces

Ok...because it bugged me when I started bleeding that it was a sign or something that I was going to misscarry since they couldn't find the heartbeat. I was a mess last night poor Ben. xp

No worries. You're fine and it's totally fine that you were worried. That's normal and expected. It'll be alright though. It's scary but you'll make it through!! *hugs* heart smile

-Halloween Barbie-
Lilith Delost

Good luck to you on your journey! I hope you don't get jostled around too much. What issue are you protesting against? (PM me if you don't want to broadcast why!)

Oh my goodness, I'm going through some severe swelling in my feet! My doctors don't know what advice to give me now - walk an hour a day! Never mind, stay off your feet as much as possible! gonk Make up your minds!

Genital Integrity Awareness Week. smile

I'd try to keep them up when sitting and soak them in hot water when possible and try to wear open toed shoes when you can or better yet go barefoot when able. smile

Dapper Phantom

Lilith Delost

I'd try to keep them up when sitting and soak them in hot water when possible and try to wear open toed shoes when you can or better yet go barefoot when able. smile

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll have to get some open toed shoes that don't constrict so much =)

Is your cause to draw attention to the plight of women? I am unfamiliar with that particular issue. Most of the political issues around here consist of college kids whining about weed.

Shirtless Informer

-Halloween Barbie-
Lilith Delost

Thank you for the suggestions. I'll have to get some open toed shoes that don't constrict so much =)

Is your cause to draw attention to the plight of women? I am unfamiliar with that particular issue. Most of the political issues around here consist of college kids whining about weed.

Genital Integrity Awareness Week includes weeklong events highlighting Genital Integrity, a health and human rights issue, including marches and demonstrations.

Genital Integrity is is the universal principle that all human beings—whether male, female or intersexed—have the right to the genitalia they were born with. It opposes involuntary and medically unnecessary genital modification including male or female circumcision, or sexual reassignment surgery on intersexed children.

Every year, on the anniversary the Female Genital Mutilation Bill took effect in 1997, intactivists demonstrate. Intactivists hope to have the protection offered to girls extended to boys and intersexed persons. There is an ongoing program to enact a male genital mutilation bill in the United States and in every state. Every child should be able to grow up with intact genitalia.

Washington, DC, is the site of the main demonstration. The 18th Annual March/Demonstration Against Infant Circumcision starts on Monday, March 26th, and runs until Sunday, April 1st, 2012. Demonstrators meet at the West Lawn of the US Capitol building in Washington, DC, every morning at 9am until 6pm.

Dapper Phantom

Lilith Delost
-Halloween Barbie-
Lilith Delost

Genital Integrity Awareness Week includes weeklong events highlighting Genital Integrity, a health and human rights issue, including marches and demonstrations.

Genital Integrity is is the universal principle that all human beings—whether male, female or intersexed—have the right to the genitalia they were born with. It opposes involuntary and medically unnecessary genital modification including male or female circumcision, or sexual reassignment surgery on intersexed children.

Every year, on the anniversary the Female Genital Mutilation Bill took effect in 1997, intactivists demonstrate. Intactivists hope to have the protection offered to girls extended to boys and intersexed persons. There is an ongoing program to enact a male genital mutilation bill in the United States and in every state. Every child should be able to grow up with intact genitalia.

Washington, DC, is the site of the main demonstration. The 18th Annual March/Demonstration Against Infant Circumcision starts on Monday, March 26th, and runs until Sunday, April 1st, 2012. Demonstrators meet at the West Lawn of the US Capitol building in Washington, DC, every morning at 9am until 6pm.

Thank you very much for educating me about another cause I was unaware of. ^_^
Are you planning to stay until the 1st or just the first day of the protest?

Eloquent Informer

7,150 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Informer 100
  • Wall Street 200
User Image
Glad other people are showing awareness for GIW. xd
User Image

For the last few days I haven't had this problem at all. But since
a couple weeks ago I've had this problem that whenever I would get up from
either laying down or sitting I would get this rather painful feeling in my lower
abdomen slightly off to the side, not the center. It gets so bad it becomes very
difficult for me to walk normally where I have to have my husband help me walk
as I hunch over and sometimes limp (occasionally that has happened) and others
where I don't take the effort to go back where I was so I just fall to the ground and
sit there. It has only happened up to a couple times a day at the most, but usually
just once. I've been assuming its my ligaments struggling because my baby is in
the growth stage now, and I'm definitely bringing it up at my next doctors appointment
...which thankfully is in a couple days x.x;

I was just wondering if there's anyone else that has had this happen to them?
Or if anyone has an idea that it could possibly be something other than my ligaments.

User Image

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Reika: I have had a slew of terrible black problems this pregnancy =(.
However, none of them have REALLY given me any concerns.. especially since Travis is so active.
There have been one's that hurt TO SIT, to stand, to move.. ect. All of them. They have all been terrible =(. I think he is very "deep" if that makes any since.. there usually isn't much they can do for back pains during pregnancy.. they are pretty common and.. for the most part explainable due to the "pregnancy" situation, sweatdrop
For the most part, it's just something that sucks. crying

Well.. our naptime went pretty long.. but whatever. I'm starting to just not care so much about his bedtime. He hasn't been causing fights for the past few nights either.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Watermellon Pisces
Sorry I wasn't on yesteday...I broke my charger and have it hot-wired so it'll work. XP
Anyway yesterday was my sonogram and besides an old man being my dr. I think it went amazingly. I saw my baby on the screen *sqwee* I'm exactly 10 weeks (and a day now) but they couldn't find the heart beat is that normal/ok?
Then I had a mini freakout yesterday because Ben and I were alone finally and one thing came to another and we had amazing sex...but afterwards he noticed I was bleeding so I moped the rest of the evening sooo worried I was miscarrying. The bleeding wasn't bad and it stopped so I think it was from just being too rough...unless anyone else has input. ^-^

I know that some people are saying that it's normal, but as far as I know (And I'm not trying to be pessimistic, just trying to give the facts) the heartbeat starts at 6 weeks and by the 8 week time it should be easily located. At ten weeks for sure. I went in on this pregnancy at six weeks and didn't see it, but by week eight it was clear as day.
If you had a differnet scan done, it might be different, but at the very least you should be able to see it... what did the doctor say? Your doctor should have told you SOMETHING about it - if he didn't, find a different one.
You should get a re-scan done in a week, and no later. See if there has been growth, look for the heartbeat again, etc. What kind of scan-thingy did they use? The vaginal one is best for early pregnancy. If they used the one on your belly then it IS possible they missed it.

The bleeding is another indicator of something possibly being wrong - however, it's not unheard of for women to bleed and still have otherwise normal pregnancies - it's possile that perhaps your guy was being just a little rough or that you're just super-extra sensitive down there. But call your doctor.

I must sound like a total a** to everyone in here, but when they couldn't find the heartbeat at eight weeks at my doctor's office during my first pregnancy, they knew that it was gone - and they of course checked a week later to confirm, and there had been no growth or heartbeat or anything, but I hadn't had any signs of miscarrying - which is called a 'missed abortion' - basically, misscarriage that your body doesn't recognize. It can make you very sick if you don't get it taken care of.
I was devastated, but having a whole bunch of people tell me that they must have done the scan wrong or that it was just missed or late or something - didn't help in the least. In gave me false hope and I was all mixed up in the head until I got the second scan done, and then my heart was broken yet again. I did craptons of online research and EVERYTHING pointed towards what the doctor said.
I'm wishing you lots and lots of luck and hoping that by some miracle the doctor messed up or was blind or something...

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Watermellon Pisces

If it was just the SOUND sonogram, then it's very possible for them not to find it. They couldn't find mine at 9 weeks, but at 13, you can usually hear the heart beat.

If it was visual.. than I'm not really sure how normal that is..
They found my baby at 6 weeks on a visual ultrasound.. ONLY for a moment, but he was there, stll super small, so he moved quickly.. xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff