boyfriend 0.11067452521284 11.1% [ 169 ]
fiancée 0.087753765553373 8.8% [ 134 ]
fiancé 0.047151277013752 4.7% [ 72 ]
wife 0.2770137524558 27.7% [ 423 ]
husband 0.079240340537001 7.9% [ 121 ]
Total Votes:[ 1527 ]

This place is old.
Elvis was here in 58.
The reason why its od because a lot of people have rights to share their stories online. as for me im still single and 26 with no bf. :/

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
I already want the holidays to be over so the nasty people will go back to their caves they only leave once a year... emotion_donotwant

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Welp...this sucks. So apparently enough questions were raised during marriage prep that a tribunal was called together...and Nate and I did not get approved. They want us to wait at least a year to get married in the Church. They said we could just get civilly married and have a ceremony in the Church next year...but I just don't know. They wouldn't say no if they didn't have legitimate concerns, but I REALLY don't want to wait another year, and being civilly married...it just isn't the same. sad

Yeesh. Sorry to hear that, Rebs. Bummer.

Or maybe not so much. You said all the wedding planning was stressful.
Maybe having another year to wait will make things a little easier on you.

Will you two have to go through another marriage prep session before you
can try to get married in the church again (sorry if that's a stupid question;
I'm unfamiliar with the ways of church)? You could always try again in a
year and if that (for whatever reason) doesn't get approval, you could
be civilly married. Marriage is either important enough to wait or important
enough to simply go for it.

How does Nate feel about all this?
Forever alone because the military is why I don't have a girlfriend. lol

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
abcTHC

Yeesh. Sorry to hear that, Rebs. Bummer.

Or maybe not so much. You said all the wedding planning was stressful.
Maybe having another year to wait will make things a little easier on you.

Will you two have to go through another marriage prep session before you
can try to get married in the church again (sorry if that's a stupid question;
I'm unfamiliar with the ways of church)? You could always try again in a
year and if that (for whatever reason) doesn't get approval, you could
be civilly married. Marriage is either important enough to wait or important
enough to simply go for it.

How does Nate feel about all this?

It is and isn't a bummer, I guess. I was really excited but I really was started to feel overwhelmed because I let procrastination win, and at least now I have a better idea of what to expect.

We will have to do marriage prep again(I actually wasn't sure either and had to ask our deacon), which I'm not thrilled about...even with the military discount, we will have to pay like another $100 for it. I kinda wish they'd refund us but at the same time, it's on us that a tribunal was called, not them, and schools don't give refunds for failed classes.

Nate's trying really hard to stay calm. He was really not raised with a positive look on religion and the deacons and priests at my church were really starting to change his mind, but now he's confused. He's having a hard time believing that the decision wasn't made because of his lack of religion, but considering how long he's been shown only the hypocritical and close-minded religious fanatics versus how long he's been shown the not-total-douchebags of religion('cause let's face it: pretty much everyone is a douchebag to SOMEONE at one point or another, regardless of personal beliefs), I'm just going to be patient and let the shock wear off. Heck, I need it to wear off me too. All the feedback we got from our instructors was super positive, so I was really confused when I got the email.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I don't think I could have waited... When my husband and I decided to get married I had to wait a few months. And it was horrible. Haha.
I loved getting married and running off together. We did so much and had so much fun doing that.
They didn't tell you why they decided what they did?
Would be kind of nice if they had, that way Nate doesn't have to
feel like he did something wrong. Poor guy.

I don't think I could have waited either, Rachuul.
Joe and I talked about marriage through what little
contact we had while he was in basic training. The
whole conversation was pretty much:
"Did you want to come to Georgia with me?"
"Sure."
"You know, we'll probably have to get married."
"Really?"
"Yeah. Did you still want to?"
"Sure!"
"Okay. We'll do it when I get home."
He came home for his Christmas break. We went to the courthouse
the very next day and married ourselves. Ten bucks. No stress.
Moved a couple days later. Best decision everrrr.

Happy Christmas Eve all.
And a Merry Christmas ahead of time.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Yep! That was how it happened with us.
I told my husband that we either had to break up or get married, because I wasn't being a military girlfriend. Hahahaha.
We got married on his winter break from AIT. Lol.

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Merry Christmas, everyone!

They told us a kind of basic reason but didn't go in much detail, partially because they don't actually own the rights to any of the documents-it's all done through another company. We still have to meet with our deacon and go over what we can and figure out who they would like us to work with.

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Okay so Nate and I met with the Deacon and most of it either was a simple misinterpretation of the question, or Nate's numerous "I don't know" answers. Some of it was that we hadn't talked about certain issues/were still undecided at the time and they have since been resolved. The other ones were flagged only because they can cause fights and since so many other flags had been raised, they had to look into it. Only the finances topic still hasn't really been solved but we have talked about it a bit, and have a basic idea of what we would LIKE to do, but seeing as we don't live with or near each other, we don't know for sure how it's going to work out. We've decided we're going to get civilly married this year! We still will get married in the Church after we complete counseling, and I'm okay with having to do that(no one's perfect so why pretend and refuse something that could help smooth the transition?), but almost all of the concerns have already been addressed and resolved as best as we can for now so we don't see much point in delaying for another year.
Yay for getting married this year!

I start school again in 8 days. Kinda excited and kinda not. lol.
And Nate is really starting to think about if he wants out or wants to go reserves.
I'm pushing him towards reserves and showing how much better it'll be for us.
His MOS is pushing some nice bonuses out if you go reserve. I'd rather have that + some pay vs nothing at all.

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Aerobe
Yay for getting married this year!

I start school again in 8 days. Kinda excited and kinda not. lol.
And Nate is really starting to think about if he wants out or wants to go reserves.
I'm pushing him towards reserves and showing how much better it'll be for us.
His MOS is pushing some nice bonuses out if you go reserve. I'd rather have that + some pay vs nothing at all.

^.^
I'm super excited and super terrified at the same time. XD

Yay for school too! I'm kinda anxious to get back to it, when I finally can.
What kind of classes are you taking?
Also, f yeah bonuses XD

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
WOOHOO!!!

So, when we originally found out that we might not be getting married this year, my grandpa cancelled the reservation he had made for us to have a Disney honeymoon at a military-only hotel that's like right next to the park, and last night he checked and it was still available but when I knew for sure that I could have off work this morning and my grandpa called to reserve again, one of the nights was totally booked up. Well, we called again this evening and Nate and I officially are having our Disney honeymoon!!!!! Our room even got (slightly) upgraded!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff