11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Doppleganger~
Hello! It's a bit slower than it used to be, but we're still around! smile

Aerobe~
Wow that's a lot of leave. o.o
What's In N Out? It sounds...familiar...but I've been out of Florida for less than a month and hardly go anywhere by myself.

Rachuul~
I didn't go as often as I wanted, but I seriously am missing the option of going to the beach.

Other~
So it feels like both nothing is happening and a lot is happening at once. The apartment is still a mess from unpacking(we have plenty of space, but no way to organize and very little furniture or energized time). I've gone back to Florida to visit once and it was fun but we went to see his family(nooooot doing so well, and his brother needed the truck back pretty bad) and had to be back for Monday, so we didn't exactly have much time for friends or...well, anything, really. We did get done what we came to do though so, eh. I'm going back next week to celebrate my 21st birthday. Nate's gonna be in the field and NO FREAKING WAY am I sitting home ALONE on my 21st. I'm going home to my family and friends and get a few hours at work if possible.
We spent Easter with some of his family I haven't met before, and other than finding out that my grandma up north was about to sign a "do not resuscitate" order and hearing her tell me that God is pulling her in one direction and the doctors are pulling her in the other, and as a result she's going nowhere, we had a blast.
She's in hospice now, and as much as I want her to stay and be healthy, it sounds like she truly just pass peacefully and let it be done. At least I got to talk to her though and my dad managed to get to Chicago to spend Easter with her.
To make things even more fun, life gave me another lemon and I found out I have a UTI. I also found out if it's bad enough, it will make you throw up CONSTANTLY, oh, and, IT SUCKS. After being at the hospital for half the day I finally got pain meds and antibiotics and left. Although honestly, I'm just glad Nate had to come home to grab something during lunch because I didn't think it was anything more than a stomach bug and wasn't going to go anywhere. Not that I could drive if I wanted to, but oh well.
I hope everyone's Easter was great and kicked off a better week than mines been!

HazeInut Latte's Husband

Beloved Sex Symbol

First off, I'm a military husband in the Navy.
I've been going on underways for two weeks at a time in preparation for deployment.
My wife and I began dating 3 years ago just before the start of my last deployment, being friends for a long time previously. Last deployment was a breeze, things were a lot easier since we weren't in such a serious relationship yet at the time.
I sort of came here to vent, being underway now, and thinking about leaving for another long period of time really sucks. The biggest problem for me isn't emotional though, I'm sure this deployment will be a breeze however I will state that I HATE being in the armed forces. Not that I have a problem with serving my country but it just isn't what I want to continue doing with my life.I'm approaching my EAOS in two months. However I'm forced now with the problem with that she's a full time student working on her Bachelor Degree, I don't agree with us both going to school at the same time even with my G.I bill because I don't like being broke. Nothing is shittier than re-enlisting for something you have no passion for along with hearing your spouse tell you that you don't have to re-enlist and that they don't want you to because they love you.
-laaate-
Pusays have you thought about reserves?
That's what my husband is doing.
He absolutely hates being in the military - he only did it so he could go to school and be whatever he wants.
I'm in school too and wont have a decent paying job until I finish and get my state certifications.
So he's going national guard to get a 20k bonus and only have to go in 1 weekend a month.
20k will help us with a house and 1 weekend a month ensures we still get some pay and qualify for Tricare at small fee. (Still WAY cheaper than regular health insurance.)

Speaking of all this s**t.
I have 1 month to somehow pick a house and get everything sorted.
We're done here May 22nd. DONE.
And I am stressed to the max.
I take my NREMT exam on Friday. Which I -need- to pass in order to go to Paramedic school. Fml.

Adorable Nymph

I'm glad I found this thread. smile well my name is Tyler(I'm a female sweatdrop I have to stress this a lot) I'm 22 I'm dating a guy working for the air force Zach(21)
Well we have been dating for about 5 months going on 6 months soon. So far I had a hard time adujusting to his schedule when he works. But his allowed to text me so I'm very grateful for that. ^.^ we skyped and webcam for abit but now his a lot busier. Oh and I felt bad when I got cranky with him I didn't know he worked 14 hours DX it such a hard job but I'm really happy so far that we met. ^_^ I hope that his the one.
I hate packing.
Finally leave Fort Shithole Hood on the 26th.
Stationed in Hawaii... got about a year left here.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Aerobe: We left Hood. I moved back to NC, and hubby is in Korea for ******** 9 months.

I'm going to be so sad, and throw a hissy fit, when I have to move back to Hood after this deployment. crying crying crying

KyotoElmo's Wife

My husband is in the army, we have been together for almost 4 years, i will not say it is easy to be with someone who will put the flag first i beileve if you love them then you can do it because being the military wife or girlfriend is a hard job, i have learned a lot and i will continue to learn.

Welcoming Elder

I for one am loving Military life! I've been in the Air Force for about 4 years and I just PCSd to Japan last month. I can't wait to see where my career takes me next in 3 years.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
4everDestined
I for one am loving Military life! I've been in the Air Force for about 4 years and I just PCSd to Japan last month. I can't wait to see where my career takes me next in 3 years.

Haha, my husband's been in for awhile, and he is currently doing a tour in Korea ( third deployment). I'm so excited that he is finally deploying to a place he can adventure around. heart
Hey,

where is the vote post for "none of the above".

I love the military, someone tune in from Texas.

dixie1775's Partner

Adorable Werewolf

44,875 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
  • I Voted! 25
My husband and I have know each other (and married) for almost 5 years now. He's been deployed once and that was horrible when I wrecked our only car within my first 2 months of having my driver's license. At least the car was an older car and not newer for sure.

Otherwise we've been doing good besides some bumps here and there with personal issues we had with one another.

Oh and anyone who has never bought a house, please don't do it unless your military SO is out. It's a hassle to sell, rent, or even have any kind of short-sale/foreclosure on it. Best to just keep renting out places and dealing with the fact you have limitations. I just went through this as my husband was stationed in Jacksonville, NC for the longest time and they okayed us into buying a house there and like 2 years later we had to more to Yuma, AZ (and that was actually like 2 weeks ago to be honest and it's hot as ever here!).

But I wouldn't trade it for the world and our son gets brought up into a secure environment financially for the most part.

Welcoming Elder

Rachuul
4everDestined

Haha, my husband's been in for awhile, and he is currently doing a tour in Korea ( third deployment). I'm so excited that he is finally deploying to a place he can adventure around. heart

I guess thats the good thing about the military, you do get to go to some pretty crummy places...but then you get somewhere awesome and exciting and you just want to travel. One of my lieutenants deployed to Australia recently...which is pretty awesome.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
4everDestined

I guess thats the good thing about the military, you do get to go to some pretty crummy places...but then you get somewhere awesome and exciting and you just want to travel. One of my lieutenants deployed to Australia recently...which is pretty awesome.

If my husband got to go to Australia without me, I would cry. crying crying
Welp. I'm in Florida now.
No clue when we'll have a house since the mortgage people decided to just ******** us.
Last month they KNEW Nate was getting out and it wasn't a problem. Now suddenly it is.
It's not like hes getting out and not getting a job. rolleyes

I'm already over this.
And I'm tired of being in a house with 2 toddlers that are assholes and get away with everything.
The house smelled of exhaust fumes today because the shits kept opening the garage door and leaving it open when a car was being worked on.
emotion_puke

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces