Tipsy Dabbler

5,500 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Rosrael
3 boys stole my soul
Rosrael
For some reason, I never expected there to be a thread on Gaia for this! I should really know better....
My boyfriend joined the army in March, we'd been together for two and a half years (more or less) by that point, so soon(ish) I'll be an army wife. Which is scary. I'm a RAF brat though so the whole moving around thing isn't too much of a big deal for me.
I know nothing of military life. It is definitely a learning experience.

It is. This time round will be different because I'll have to change jobs every time!
How are you finding it?
Alright, I am a stay at home while my kids are little. I like it though

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Oh man.
Hellow new people!

xxheatwave's Spouse

Tipsy Dabbler

5,500 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Rachuul
Oh man.
Hellow new people!
hellooooo
Hello People! smile
Spread the heart

Feral Kitten

We are really wishing that the Husbutt never got out of the Army..
Oh my god! Dependas have gone Gaian now!! burning_eyes

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Okay, did not notice how long I've been away. O.O

Hello to all the new people!

Things have been crazy...my depression is really kicking my butt but I've been babysitting for the only friend I've made. Which I don't mind, except that it's exhausting and I constantly feel really awkward. I'm just not good with little kids. Especially when they can't talk yet. There's four of them and the oldest is the only one who can speak, and most of what she says is impossible to understand. For Labor Day I'm going home though, to be with my family and pick up the last of my stuff and after that I;m gonna start looking for a real job. Babysitting just doesn't help with bills and we still have almost no furniture.

How is everyone else doing?
why are there so many negative votes for this thread?
Aamira
why are there so many negative votes for this thread?

My assumption would be that not everyone agrees with the glorifying of the US military or those who serve in it.

Like they'll see this thread, and be like "why would anyone care? you don't see threads about 'teacher lovers - support for teacher relationships."

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
6Pink6Satan6
Oh my god! Dependas have gone Gaian now!! burning_eyes

Nahh, this has been here awhile. heart

5,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
I wonder how many people have been effected by ISIS as military members on here, to where they don't like to mention they are apart of the military community anymore.

I bet it effects certain groups more than others..
No effect on my husband and I.
We have no issues saying we're military.
We don't dive into the military community because.. it sucks. Most wives are awful. I'm a grown woman that doesn't have time to gossip and deal with bullshit. And most ladies act like they're 15 and in highschool. Nope. talk2hand Hard to find wives that are not about that gossip life. And all the events are geared for those with children. I have none.

I've been at a couple bases that had things geared for single people.
I think Fort Hood had something for married - like a retreat. But I don't ever remember them actually holding one when we were there. lolol.

So we got a dog and we spoil the ******** out of him and stick to ourselves.
We live near family again so there's that too.
=D

Speaking a children.
There's a chance I might be pregnant. Oops.

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Aerobe~
I've kinda avoided almost all events here...I just get too anxious. But it does seem like most stuff is either for family or "spend all your money!" and that just doesn't work for us lol.

Other~
*Sigh*
So it turns out that we may be moving to Alaska next year. stare I'm freaking out over what winter is going to be like in Georgia, and then my husband tells me that most likely next winter we will be in freaking ALASKA. At least it should be pretty, right?

Clever Goat

Question for all you military spouses:

How do you deal with your SO being gone for training / deployments?

My husband is freaking out that he won't be able to handle it if I get deployed after I finish basic. He's so cute. He's not worried about me getting hurt or taken prisoner or any of the traditional military spouse worries. He's worried about himself and that he'll get lonely.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff