Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Gawker

Artemis Cain
Sophisticated Simplicity
Artemis Cain
personally, I think LDRs are mad lame.

if you love someone, and you really want to be together, move heaven and earth to be with them.

otherwise, just be friends.

People get in long distance relationships BECAUSE they love eachother and want to be together so much. It the ultimate goal of every long distance couple to be together, but just because they aren't together yet doesn't mean they aren't trying. It's not as easy as you seem to think. People have jobs and school, and different financial situations. Also, immigration takes on average 2-3 years for those with SO's in another country. It takes TIME for it to happen, and a heck lot of effort. It is far wiser to take the time to prepare for the move to ensure that it will be a permanent one instead of rushing it without any planning and risk the possibility of having to move back when things fall through.

The girl I almost married lives halfway across the country. now. if she ever earnestly asks me to come home,

I'll be there. its simple. why make it complicated. if you're gonna work out reasons why you can't be together, you'll find em.

besides come hell or high water rushing in guns blazing, is always more exciting.

besides whose gonna have the better story,

I asked your father to come home, and he was in a different country at the time, but he walked, ran borrowed, stole, cheated, hitchhiked, flew swam, all those millions of miles to get to me.

(even if it doesn't work out, this is an hell of an experience.)

or I wanted to be with your father, and after 3-4 years of waiting his papers finally got through and thats that.

LAME. in perpsective, my grandfather lived a bout an hours drive, from my grandma, he didn't have a car, but he damnwell walked those miles in the snow sleet hail, wind and storm to court her.

and when he married her, she was pregnant, they didn't have a house.

so he did what most real men did, AND ******** BUILT HER A HOUSE.

damn you kids today, got no passion. the world used to be an adventure. now we got you guys and its all, oh hoh uhhh, welp, its out our hands. excuses excuses.

but maybe I'm just old fashioned.

This is how I see it. If I were to act out of passion, I would move straight down there with my boyfriend who lives with his parents. Because of their his parents' rules, I'd probably be sleeping on the couch my whole days there. Because of moving down there, I'd lose my job. I don't have a license, and he living in the suburbs, I'd probably not be able to get one until I get my license and a car. Therefore, I would default on my student loans. Or my boyfriend could help pay it off which I absolutely don't want to resort to. If we get annoyed with the living-with-his-parents thing, we'd get our own place living paycheck to paycheck. He'd probably not be able to afford his bills. We'd probably go back living with his parents again. (He's in the military so he can't really move to where I live.) And if it annoys me so much, I'd probably just tell him I'm moving back home till we can actually afford living on our own. So with that, I'd rather stay how we are right now until we actually can afford living on our own, and it doesn't really bother us much that we're long-distant.

Lonely Fatcat

On Thursday January 5th, I will be meeting my boyfriend in person for the first time. Any tips? Sorry if this post is stupid.. x-x

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
I have a question:

My boyfriend and I live in the same building in college (we met in college), but we live almost an hour away from each other's houses. Does that count as a long-distance relationship or not?

5,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Hi. Haven't posted here for a while, since life has been rather harsh, and me and my 'then boyfriend', moved together. therefore erasing the whole long-distance thing.

However, my Fiancee is most likely going back to being a sailor again, which is gonna mean, that I'll have to get used to not seeing him for 2-4 weeks straight.
Hope everything will work out.

So I guess this is me saying; "I'm back" :/
exactly 6 months till he goes back to Belgium... I'm really scared to be without him. I can easily say he's changed my life for the better.I'm already saving up money to visit him. Either I go for his birthday or Christmas >.> Which should I do

Diamond Regular

Hey guys!~ It's Tosha. Chris is back in Georgia, currently walking to go get a cheap t.v. so that he can play his x-box.
:3

@Creeporeon:

What sort of tips would you like, Dear? We're here to help! Tips for staying calm, defeating the awkward, or something else?

@TigerLilyChick:

A long distance can sprout from across the world to across town. If it causes inconvenience for the couple and ensures they don't see each other every few days to even years, that's the great variety of Long Distance.

@Whispering Mink:

Ah, sorry that you have to come back! Although, we do like your company.

@purple shika-chan:

It's always hard when they have to go back. But at least you guys are planning things. Having a count-down really helps get people through things like the down-feelings.

His birthday would be very nice, but I may advise Christmas. Only because that really seems to be the time of year where couples seem to constantly be everywhere or be portrayed in the movies. It can be lonely, especially if there was the option to go see your S.O. But that's purely MY opinion. Totally up to you!

5,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Sergeant Baby Bear

@Whispering Mink:

Ah, sorry that you have to come back! Although, we do like your company.

Hehe thanks for the sentiment, though I doubt that anyone remembers me in here anymore rolleyes
At least him going back to the sea, will help our economy, and he'll enjoy it to the fullest.. soo.. I'll be the biggest victim in it all, but I'll try to be strong ^^'
Hey guys
popping in to say that I am still alive
I have moved on since my breakup and currently have feelings for someone else.
Hope all is well.
HEY GUYS! I know it's been FOREVER since I've posted here-- It doesn't help that my laptop has been a little broken. ;_;''

ANYHOW I HAS BIG NEWS.

Josh and I are now engaged! SQUEE!

I know some of you might not know me, but I was a big regular back in here before I moved in with Josh. LDR's are tough, but if you persevere they can be awesome!

Diamond Regular

@Faye:

Glad to hear you've been able to move on Dear! We wish you all the best and miss you!

@The_Manly_Succubus:

Long time no see!!!

Congrats on the engagement! That's AWESOME!!! smile

Chris and I got married the last day of '11. So we should be living together by mid-February to early March.
smile

Greedy Cat

@Whispering Mink
I do remember you smile Congratulations on engagement and moving together!

@ The_Manly_Succubus
Good to hear from you! And that's so exciting! I'm happy for you dear.

@ Maru
I see you sneaking in smile
How are you and Karo?
Sophisticated Simplicity

@ Maru
How are you and Karo?
Pretty good. I'm actually visiting her right now. C:

Greedy Cat

sMaruski
Sophisticated Simplicity

@ Maru
How are you and Karo?
Pretty good. I'm actually visiting her right now. C:

Yay! biggrin
How long do you get to stay?
Creeporeon
On Thursday January 5th, I will be meeting my boyfriend in person for the first time. Any tips? Sorry if this post is stupid.. x-x
Just be yourself. Also, don't feel bad if it feels weird seeing each other in person--that's what happened to me and you just get used to it. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff