Welcome to Gaia! ::

Diamond Regular

Getting a tad nervous about our month of non-communication. But other than that, pretty excited for the next while.

5,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
@Sophisticated Simplicity: Thanks a lot. I kind of knew that you would be one of the few people who had a chance of remembering me . So it's a nice feeling that you actually do (:
How are things on your behalf? I honestly can't remember the name of your fiancée anymore, but I do remember that you were fighting against a lot of hardships, when I were still active in this support thread? Are things any better if I may ask?
Howdi howdi. I recent;y got into a long-distant relationship, so I figured I'd hang around here. =p
Me and her met on gaia when she has posted a thread about looking for a relationship. =o

Diamond Regular

Cursed Romantic
Howdi howdi. I recent;y got into a long-distant relationship, so I figured I'd hang around here. =p
Me and her met on gaia when she has posted a thread about looking for a relationship. =o

Nice to meet you! Have you guys discussed meeting in person yet?
Sergeant Baby Bear
Cursed Romantic

Nice to meet you! Have you guys discussed meeting in person yet?

We starting talking 3 weeks ago, and only starting dating since the 23rd of December, but we've talked about it more or less. I live in Nebraska, and she lives in Alabama. We've brought it up, but nothing set in stone.

Aged Vampire

7,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Hello.

So, I think I posted a few times. Otherwise, I've mostly just kept in the background, reading everyone's story and hoping to find something I could put in some insight.

I met my current relationship here on Gaia back in October. We seemed to connect pretty quickly and moved from online chats to phone calls. I went to meet her for the first time over the Christmas holiday. To my surprise, she asked her mom ( she lives with her mom and aunt ) if I could move in with her when I am finished helping my sister in March.

Her mom said yes.

I am beyond tickled. Even though we only had a few days together, I felt we made a strong connection and am looking forward to seeing what life has for, not only me, but for her and us as well.

Just wanted to give my two cents. Hope everyone is having a great start to the new year.

Diamond Regular

Oh how I love this man. He makes me so happy.
whee

Greedy Cat

@ Pierrot-Hime
You're welcome yum_puddi And good to hear that you worked things out with him!

@ Whispering Mink
John and I are doing alright, though the situation havn't changed. Last year was a rough year, especially toward the end where a lot of things happened, so there's a lot of changes, but we're going to keep fighting to be together. smile

@ Tosha
A month of non-communication? Is it during when he'll be deployed to Israel?

Diamond Regular

@Zowie:

Yes, although, it'll be shy of a month. I've been told it's moved back. (Will still be in January-February though.) But only for about 23 days. So I'm excited. He also should be back for Valentines Day!
smile
I have been in a few long distance relationships but non of them seemed
to past very long but I'm only 14 and it puts too much pressure on me especially when my parents take the computer awwy from me a d when my little brother is constantly on the computer so for now ive decided to not have any long distance relationships and I am in a current relationship with this guy who is a junior at my school and I'm a freshmen hes 16 and I'm 14 we have been going out for almost a month now and we are both deeply in love amd I dont ever want to leave him we got together after school on the 13th of december which was the day i left for vacation to go to hawaii so i guess yu culd say tht we had a long distance relationship we r going to c each other tomorrow when school starts again and when i hang out with my best friend this weekend he is going to come hang out with me and i hope tht he and i last longer than all of my other ex boyfriends they all lasted 2 weeks or less and my first ex boyfriend a d i lasted four months which was a surprise to me and ive beentrying hard to get a relationship with a guy to last longer than four months and i think with the current relationship tht im in i think tht we will last longer than four months!!! smile

Greedy Cat

Kaelan Mochrie

Ahh, that's very exciting indeed! Seems your plan to make a good impression went swimmingly smile I hope things continue to go well for you!

Greedy Cat

@ Tosha
Ahh, that's good. For a moment I totally forgot when Valentine's Day is, eesh. Anyways lol, is it just too short an amount of time to send letters, or is communication actually not allowed (which would make sense since he's there to test new military equipment right?)

Aged Vampire

7,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Sophisticated Simplicity
Kaelan Mochrie

Ahh, that's very exciting indeed! Seems your plan to make a good impression went swimmingly smile I hope things continue to go well for you!

When mom, aunts, and twin 4 yr old cousins like you, it must be a good thing, right?
Thank you. I am hoping it works out.

As I've read, some have had good luck and bad luck with LDRs. I've had my share. Usually not so good. My last relationship lasted 7 months. This time, I want to do things right.

Diamond Regular

Sophisticated Simplicity
@ Tosha
Ahh, that's good. For a moment I totally forgot when Valentine's Day is, eesh. Anyways lol, is it just too short an amount of time to send letters, or is communication actually not allowed (which would make sense since he's there to test new military equipment right?)

Yes, no communication at all. He's not to have "military cut", he has to dress in Civilian dress, and they're not even allowed to have cellphones.

He's not going to wear his wedding ring over there either, that's mostly due to his dad's suggestion. Haha.

Greedy Cat

Kaelan Mochrie

I'd say it is a very good thing indeed. razz
I think it takes being with the right person to make it last, it's not that different from any other relationship in that sense. Hopefully she is the one for you.

Sergeant Baby Bear

Aww, that sucks. But good thing it's only for about 3 weeks! And it's Israel eeeeee. I'm still jealous and want to go. Haha.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff