No longer accepting new votes.
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 1410 1411 1412 > >> >>> »|

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Sammiifayse
Someone should invite Digi to this thread too! *can't remember all her username*

I did - she's actually going to help me a bit too ^_^

Greedy Receiver

Sammiifayse
Raising my Rainbow
This may be another one to add to the reference list for parents raising a gender creative child. It's a fantastic blog by a fantastic mother with an absolutely Fabulous gender creative son.

I didn’t know there was a term for that. My oldest son pretty much picks out his own clothing when we go shopping, which we normally get directed into the little girl’s department and he’ll pick out pants and shirts that are colorful as opposed to boy’s clothing that don’t pop and sparkle like the girl’s. I’m not raising him in any certain way as far as gender goes. He seems to know what he likes and I’m all for it. I’ll encourage happy behavior.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Little Dead Soldier
Kitakiy

LOL yea... my fiance does that occasionally but only if he's REALLY sick.
That sucks - when even one kid gets sick and goes to daycare, the entire center gets it. I thinkt hat's why a lot of daycares are getting strict on if your kid has a fever or not - not that with some illnesses it matters because kids can get the virus and spread it before showing symptoms XD
Does your daycare have a fever rule? (just curious - I'm a SAHM so I obviously don't use daycare lol)
I really hope this passes soon, and I hope you two don't boomerang it back and forth, either!
And unfortunately, the flu shot doesn't always prevent. Most times it only lessens the severity of it anyway.

Yep, it's kinda annoying because most of the parents that drop their kid off KNOW that they have something , but drop them off anyway. I understand that some parents need to go to work to not lose it, but it's not fair to the other kids and parents who have to suffer because of it. We get so many kids who come in with Hand, Foot, Mouth, Scabbies, Lice, and etc. It's such a grey area.
Every daycare that I have worked at has had a fever rule. With us, it's when the fever is at 100.4 when we need to call and have them sent home. However, it's never this simple. Parents won't always come if their kid has a fever or something infectious that can be spread.

That must be so frustrating! Is there a place you can put them so they can nap and be a little seperate? Not to necessarily banish the kids when they're sick, but..... I don't know, maybe a nice quiet room where they can rest?
I would be SO ticked if someone brought their kid to daycare with LICE! WTH?

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Eisefin
Little Dead Soldier
My kid is driving me crazy. He is all clingy because of the flu. Why can't he puke in the toilet and puke without having to hold me ? D;

My son is the same way! He wants to cling to mommy with his mouth agape and swallowing back that icky, watery saliva that comes up first before the vomit or he’ll wait until I put him down for a nap to explode from both ends. I’ve employed a little “icky towel” I will carry around with me when he’s feeling icky.

The smell can be so overpowering, can’t it.
          gonk

I wish I bought a special trash can for poopy diapers. My son is in the process of potty training, but he is failing miserably. He has poop cycle where he poops everyday when we get home at 7pm. I place on the potty to get him to go, but he refuses until I put a pull up on him. Where then, he goes and hides and does it and comes running to me to tell me, "Mommy , I pooped! Clean it up!"
-____-
The poopy diapers get worse when they get older when it comes to the smell. He literally has made my laundry room so foul smelling. I feel like the smell has absorbed into the walls because no amount of bleach, baking soda, or anything can make that laundry room smell good. It makes me mad because I'm so OSD about things. My apartment is clean and smells good all the time, but I can't get the laundry room to smell like what a laundry room should smell like. I miss the fresh laundry smell. He ruined it for me :C

I'm so getting him back when he turns 18.

Vecendron's Wife

Ruthless Conversationalist

17,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Citizen 200
ZellyKat
Victorious Defeat

Though really, if you don't realize a thread for parents of probably young children will have those things in it then you probably deserve to be grossed out, lol.

lol true that.

You don't know gross untill you try to change a baby realizing it's gone up her back, into her outfit... almost getting on the bed. Then alone, rush to the bathroom to get the outfit off and into a bath... only to realize you got more poop on YOU than the baby does. rofl

Then, graciously leave the messy onsie in the bathroom sink so the husband can find it later.

Without being too graphic, I had a small bladder problem until I was 11. SO if ANYONE knows about that and how to deal its me, lol. Oh I know about what things can happen when your not all that great at the whole control thing. I am well prepared for that in that area. My husband however can not deal with the stuff without gagging most times. (Just trust me on how I know this)
Victorious Defeat
Eisefin
Little Dead Soldier
My kid is driving me crazy. He is all clingy because of the flu. Why can't he puke in the toilet and puke without having to hold me ? D;

My son is the same way! He wants to cling to mommy with his mouth agape and swallowing back that icky, watery saliva that comes up first before the vomit or he’ll wait until I put him down for a nap to explode from both ends. I’ve employed a little “icky towel” I will carry around with me when he’s feeling icky.

gonk

We had a bowl growing up. It was stainless steal and got brought out when someone was sick. I actually want to steal it from my parents house eventually, I planned to ever since I got married and moved out. The odd things we bond with as kids.

OMG We had a bowl too. I loved the bowl 'cause it was always so much easier to clean, bowl or if more than one of us where sick, ice cream buckets, the big 4L ones.
That said, I don't miss the sound throwing up into that bowl made. There's a little too much onomatopoeia involved there for my liking.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Kitakiy

That must be so frustrating! Is there a place you can put them so they can nap and be a little seperate? Not to necessarily banish the kids when they're sick, but..... I don't know, maybe a nice quiet room where they can rest?
I would be SO ticked if someone brought their kid to daycare with LICE! WTH?

Nope , they can't. :C
It's frustrating. Because we can't just separate kids. We have to do extra work and make sure they don't do hand to hand contact with the kids and do extra cleaning.
Eisefin
Sammiifayse
Raising my Rainbow
This may be another one to add to the reference list for parents raising a gender creative child. It's a fantastic blog by a fantastic mother with an absolutely Fabulous gender creative son.

I didn’t know there was a term for that. My oldest son pretty much picks out his own clothing when we go shopping, which we normally get directed into the little girl’s department and he’ll pick out pants and shirts that are colorful as opposed to boy’s clothing that don’t pop and sparkle like the girl’s. I’m not raising him in any certain way as far as gender goes. He seems to know what he likes and I’m all for it. I’ll encourage happy behavior.

I think gender creative is the most widely accepted politically correct term for it. Personally, I just call kids kids. If my son ends up liking dresses, good for him, so long as he's happy.

Vecendron's Wife

Ruthless Conversationalist

17,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Citizen 200
Sammiifayse
Victorious Defeat
Eisefin
Little Dead Soldier

gonk

We had a bowl growing up. It was stainless steal and got brought out when someone was sick. I actually want to steal it from my parents house eventually, I planned to ever since I got married and moved out. The odd things we bond with as kids.

OMG We had a bowl too. I loved the bowl 'cause it was always so much easier to clean, bowl or if more than one of us where sick, ice cream buckets, the big 4L ones.
That said, I don't miss the sound throwing up into that bowl made. There's a little too much onomatopoeia involved there for my liking.

When I get sick one of two things usually happens, I vomit and or I loose my voice. I spent a lot of time with the bowl growing up and having it is very comforting to me. I don't like being hugged or cuddled often, ESPECIALLY when I'm physically uncomfortable unless I specifically ask for it. So for me its like getting a soothing hug.

Greedy Giver

mine is going to be 5... in 5 days burning_eyes

thats ok, give her age a chance to catch up to her genius brain wink

book suggestion: what to expect the first year/toddler years/w.e
and you should probably start amassing a list of breastfeeding resources too, or some s**t about nutrition

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
ZellyKat
Victorious Defeat

Though really, if you don't realize a thread for parents of probably young children will have those things in it then you probably deserve to be grossed out, lol.

lol true that.

You don't know gross untill you try to change a baby realizing it's gone up her back, into her outfit... almost getting on the bed. Then alone, rush to the bathroom to get the outfit off and into a bath... only to realize you got more poop on YOU than the baby does. rofl

Then, graciously leave the messy onsie in the bathroom sink so the husband can find it later.

I can't even tell you how many days we have had like this... it's like she likes to save it all up for a few days and then ppppppppprrrt! Everywhere.
She did this on the ONE day I took her to see santa. (we ended up getting there too late because he was booked for the day anyway...) She made the biggest, nastiest diaper, and got it on her leggings out the leg holes of the diaper, and up her back, and on her beautfitul red rose dress (luckily machine washable!)(OOOH I didn't see that acronym anywhere but MW might be a good one lol), and all over in her carseat - YES, she did this while we were in the car on our way, of course. So, no backup dress either. Couldn't take the carseat apart to wash the cover.
She loves me ^_^

Greedy Receiver

Little Dead Soldier
Eisefin
Little Dead Soldier

gonk

I wish I bought a special trash can for poopy diapers. My son is in the process of potty training, but he is failing miserably. He has poop cycle where he poops everyday when we get home at 7pm. I place on the potty to get him to go, but he refuses until I put a pull up on him. Where then, he goes and hides and does it and comes running to me to tell me, "Mommy , I pooped! Clean it up!"
-____-
The poopy diapers get worse when they get older when it comes to the smell. He literally has made my laundry room so foul smelling. I feel like the smell has absorbed into the walls because no amount of bleach, baking soda, or anything can make that laundry room smell good. It makes me mad because I'm so OSD about things. My apartment is clean and smells good all the time, but I can't get the laundry room to smell like what a laundry room should smell like. I miss the fresh laundry smell. He ruined it for me :C

I'm so getting him back when he turns 18.

Get a Diaper Genie! I kept mine and I’m going to keep it well up until my last child is potty trained. They’re perfect and seal away that smell so perfectly. And to help get rid of that smell, I would suggest using a cleaner that has an enzyme eater in it. You can find them in pet stores used for cleaning up and disinfecting urine and fecal stains made by pets. What the enzyme does is that it literally eats away the odor stuck in your paint, fabrics, et cetera. It’s perfect and rids the odor permanently.

Spray it on your walls, your floors, and soak your laundry baskets in them. Anything plastic or anything that can absorb odor should be wiped down with it.

Greedy Receiver

Sammiifayse
Eisefin
Sammiifayse
Raising my Rainbow

I think gender creative is the most widely accepted politically correct term for it. Personally, I just call kids kids. If my son ends up liking dresses, good for him, so long as he's happy.

Interesting! The more you know, I suppose, haha. I don't call him anything special or anything. I call him a boy, I call him my little man, my little dude, and whatnot. I just don't care what color clothing he wears or the toys he plays with. I never understood the fuss about it all.

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Eisefin

Get a Diaper Genie! I kept mine and I’m going to keep it well up until my last child is potty trained. They’re perfect and seal away that smell so perfectly. And to help get rid of that smell, I would suggest using a cleaner that has an enzyme eater in it. You can find them in pet stores used for cleaning up and disinfecting urine and fecal stains made by pets. What the enzyme does is that it literally eats away the odor stuck in your paint, fabrics, et cetera. It’s perfect and rids the odor permanently.

Spray it on your walls, your floors, and soak your laundry baskets in them. Anything plastic or anything that can absorb odor should be wiped down with it.

I should, but I keep thinking that it's a waste now because I'm hoping he will be potty trained anytime now xD
Ohhh, thank you! I didn't even think about that. I am going to stop by a pet store. I tried using vinegar too, because I used that for cat pee and it always worked, but not with this.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
kitti kat
mine is going to be 5... in 5 days burning_eyes

thats ok, give her age a chance to catch up to her genius brain wink

book suggestion: what to expect the first year/toddler years/w.e
and you should probably start amassing a list of breastfeeding resources too, or some s**t about nutrition

Thank you, I will add those books!
And you would think I would have already dedicated a post just to that, considering I am mostly EBF (occasional formula bottle every now and then) but no, it escaped me lol, thank you! I need to figure out exactly what I'm going to do with it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff