Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Little Dead Soldier
Kitakiy
Little Dead Soldier
My kid is driving me crazy. He is all clingy because of the flu. Why can't he puke in the toilet and puke without having to hold me ? D;

Awwwwww! How sad.... sick kids are so depressing.... I hope he feels better soon. How old is he?
He is probably feeling pretty vulnerable, and who better to comfort him and maybe make him feel better than mommy?

It's been passing thru our daycare (I work as a teacher there) and it was only a matter of time before he caught it. I was hoping the flu shot would've help prevented this, but guess not! xD
He is 3. Which makes it's worse because he doesn't understand why he is exploding from both ends and acts like he is just dying. -___- Not to mention, he is a boy. I remember my dad and boyfriend being ultra pathetic when they are sick. It's one of those things that you hug them and cuddle with them and help make them better, but wish you could run away! xD
I know I'm going to get sick after this. Just know it. Which is fine because I will be able to have a valid excuse to sleep all day.

LOL yea... my fiance does that occasionally but only if he's REALLY sick.
That sucks - when even one kid gets sick and goes to daycare, the entire center gets it. I thinkt hat's why a lot of daycares are getting strict on if your kid has a fever or not - not that with some illnesses it matters because kids can get the virus and spread it before showing symptoms XD
Does your daycare have a fever rule? (just curious - I'm a SAHM so I obviously don't use daycare lol)
I really hope this passes soon, and I hope you two don't boomerang it back and forth, either!
And unfortunately, the flu shot doesn't always prevent. Most times it only lessens the severity of it anyway.

Vecendron's Wife

Ruthless Conversationalist

17,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Citizen 200
ZellyKat
Kitakiy
Sammiifayse
Might I suggest having a list of frequently used acronyms. This like TTC, BF, FF etc. It can get a little confusing when you first join a thread like this.

OOOH thank you, that's a fantastic idea!!!! Glad Zelly suggested I reserve some spots ^_^
Another thing, you might want to post a warning about possible graphic conversations. Like stuff that happened to us while giving birth, baby sick... poop topics. You now the stuff we find normal but others are like.. eww ewww eewwwwwwww.

Though really, if you don't realize a thread for parents of probably young children will have those things in it then you probably deserve to be grossed out, lol.
Raising my Rainbow
This may be another one to add to the reference list for parents raising a gender creative child. It's a fantastic blog by a fantastic mother with an absolutely Fabulous gender creative son.

Greedy Receiver

Oh, happy day, a parenting thread! This is something that is definitely needed in the Lifestyle Discussion. I love the pregnancy thread is fabulous and I love posting there, but I’m not pregnant anymore and it’s fairly easy to make some expectant mommies nervous when talking about certain topics such as birthing and rearing a particularly fussy child. Those “knock on wood” scenarios, you know?

Well, I’m a mother of two currently. My husband and I hope to have one more child and we are aiming for a little girl when that time comes around, but whatever happens, happens. Right now, we’re drinking in every moment with our precious babes.

My first is a little boy named Chad. He was born April 4th, 2011. He will be two years old in but a couple short months! I am so excited!

My second is a little boy named Daron. He was born October 14th, 2012. He turned three months a couple days ago and he was actually born two weeks late. Shocking enough, he only weighed 7lbs, 10oz at the time!

I'm reuploading their photos in Photobucket currently. I will post pictures of my precious babes soon enough. emotion_dowant

They are frequent visitors with me in the TinyChat too! I wrestle with my little monkey of a man all the time. So if you ever want to hear some manic giggles and tackling, just stop on by, hehe.

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Awh yay! So glad you created it!

Dangerous Ladykiller

13,050 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Nerd 50
Kitakiy

LOL yea... my fiance does that occasionally but only if he's REALLY sick.
That sucks - when even one kid gets sick and goes to daycare, the entire center gets it. I thinkt hat's why a lot of daycares are getting strict on if your kid has a fever or not - not that with some illnesses it matters because kids can get the virus and spread it before showing symptoms XD
Does your daycare have a fever rule? (just curious - I'm a SAHM so I obviously don't use daycare lol)
I really hope this passes soon, and I hope you two don't boomerang it back and forth, either!
And unfortunately, the flu shot doesn't always prevent. Most times it only lessens the severity of it anyway.

Yep, it's kinda annoying because most of the parents that drop their kid off KNOW that they have something , but drop them off anyway. I understand that some parents need to go to work to not lose it, but it's not fair to the other kids and parents who have to suffer because of it. We get so many kids who come in with Hand, Foot, Mouth, Scabbies, Lice, and etc. It's such a grey area.
Every daycare that I have worked at has had a fever rule. With us, it's when the fever is at 100.4 when we need to call and have them sent home. However, it's never this simple. Parents won't always come if their kid has a fever or something infectious that can be spread.

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
ZellyKat
Kitakiy
Sammiifayse
Might I suggest having a list of frequently used acronyms. This like TTC, BF, FF etc. It can get a little confusing when you first join a thread like this.

OOOH thank you, that's a fantastic idea!!!! Glad Zelly suggested I reserve some spots ^_^
Another thing, you might want to post a warning about possible graphic conversations. Like stuff that happened to us while giving birth, baby sick... poop topics. You now the stuff we find normal but others are like.. eww ewww eewwwwwwww.

LOL yea I didn't even think about that!
Maybe on the first post, too, in case people only look at that one before continuing

Chatty Werewolf

8,450 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Sammiifayse
Raising my Rainbow
This may be another one to add to the reference list for parents raising a gender creative child. It's a fantastic blog by a fantastic mother with an absolutely Fabulous gender creative son.

Oooh yes thank you ^_^

Friendly Citizen

9,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Thanks for the acronyms! For the life of me I could never figure out DD and DS..I was just
always so confused by it.

Someone should invite Digi to this thread too! *can't remember all her username*

Vecendron's Wife

17,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Citizen 200
Sammiifayse
Someone should invite Digi to this thread too! *can't remember all her username*

DigitalFiend, I think. I need to stop typing so much I'll loose my lurker edge.

Greedy Receiver

Little Dead Soldier
My kid is driving me crazy. He is all clingy because of the flu. Why can't he puke in the toilet and puke without having to hold me ? D;

My son is the same way! He wants to cling to mommy with his mouth agape and swallowing back that icky, watery saliva that comes up first before the vomit or he’ll wait until I put him down for a nap to explode from both ends. I’ve employed a little “icky towel” I will carry around with me when he’s feeling icky.

The smell can be so overpowering, can’t it.
          gonk

Vecendron's Wife

17,425 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Citizen 200
Eisefin
Little Dead Soldier

My son is the same way! He wants to cling to mommy with his mouth agape and swallowing back that icky, watery saliva that comes up first before the vomit or he’ll wait until I put him down for a nap to explode from both ends. I’ve employed a little “icky towel” I will carry around with me when he’s feeling icky.

The smell can be so overpowering, can’t it.
          gonk

We had a bowl growing up. It was stainless steal and got brought out when someone was sick. I actually want to steal it from my parents house eventually, I planned to ever since I got married and moved out. The odd things we bond with as kids.
Victorious Defeat

Though really, if you don't realize a thread for parents of probably young children will have those things in it then you probably deserve to be grossed out, lol.

lol true that.

You don't know gross untill you try to change a baby realizing it's gone up her back, into her outfit... almost getting on the bed. Then alone, rush to the bathroom to get the outfit off and into a bath... only to realize you got more poop on YOU than the baby does. rofl

Then, graciously leave the messy onsie in the bathroom sink so the husband can find it later.
Victorious Defeat
Sammiifayse

DigitalFiend, I think. I need to stop typing so much I'll loose my lurker edge.

Thank you! Sent her a PM. Hopefully she'll join us.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff