Video monitor 0.043478260869565 4.3% [ 3 ]
Other (please share!) 0.14492753623188 14.5% [ 10 ]
...gold.... 0.3768115942029 37.7% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
This poll closed on July 9, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.

averykae
Bottle Weaning.
So at my daughter wic aptmnt today they are only giving me 7 cans of formula to wean her off of by the end of the month. That's only, since sometimes I do half milk and half formula during lunch. I just hate how I can only get whole milk. (If my daughter needs vitamin D, we can play outside.)
The only problem I'm having is that they want her off the bottle by 14 months. I tried to give formula to her in her sippy-cup last night... Nope, she wouldn't have it. I tried cio but she would wake up every 30 minutes and cry again. She's not a pacifier baby so her bottle soothes when she wakes up in the middle of the night.

What can I do to make weaning her off a bottle any easier?

There are more reasons for whole milk than vit. D, mainly fats.

Weaning: when Emmett was 12mo, he used to wake up around 2am every night for a bottle. It was more routine than necessity. We simply stopped getting up to him. He'd fuss for a little, then take himself off to bed again. He didn't have a paci at that point either. Try making sure that she has a heavy dinner (carbs in particular) as it'll mane the bottle have less of an impact.
Boesen Moo
Accidentaly got Orajel in my mouth tonight. cat_xp

I did that once with Sapphire because she is just starting to cut a tooth. I can see the bugger too. I couldn't talk properly for the next 2.5 hours lol. The baby stuff lasts a lot longer then the normal stuff.

Sparkly Smoker

Today is shot day. crying Any advice? Should I nurse her during shots or after? I'm gonna grab some baby tylenol on the way home. I read somewhere that they're saying not to give it before shots anymore. neutral

Hardcore Muse

le iggy
Today is shot day. crying Any advice? Should I nurse her during shots or after? I'm gonna grab some baby tylenol on the way home. I read somewhere that they're saying not to give it before shots anymore. neutral

I always gave Sophia baby tylenol an hour before she went and got her shots. It helped loads since she's the type to spike a fever the same day. XD

Honestly just try hard not to get upset. The more upset you are the more upset she will be.

A lukewarm bath and baby tylenol will help with any fever/soreness she may have and I waited until we got home before I nursed Sophia after her shots that way she had time to calm down.

Lucky Star

averykae
Bottle Weaning.
So at my daughter wic aptmnt today they are only giving me 7 cans of formula to wean her off of by the end of the month. That's only, since sometimes I do half milk and half formula during lunch. I just hate how I can only get whole milk. (If my daughter needs vitamin D, we can play outside.)
The only problem I'm having is that they want her off the bottle by 14 months. I tried to give formula to her in her sippy-cup last night... Nope, she wouldn't have it. I tried cio but she would wake up every 30 minutes and cry again. She's not a pacifier baby so her bottle soothes when she wakes up in the middle of the night.

The whole milk isn't just for vitamin d, but for the fats and stuff, especially when they become picky eaters, so they still get necessary nutrients

My son still won't use normal sippy cups, so I have to get him the ones with straws. Lol.

But I weaned him by just taking away all the bottles and giving him sippy cups with milk..
On the Pinterest subject: I also use mine to get more views on our blog (my sister and I) and when I add new listings to my Etsy shop. It doesn't get me a whole hell of a lot, but it helps get that stuff out there!

Magnetic Sex Symbol

le iggy

I completely forgot to reply to you! I understand where you're coming from, a smash cake does seem a bit frivolous in that sense. Maybe a smash cupcake instead? xd Just kidding. I plan to get a smash cake but I'm sure it'll get eaten no matter what. My SO's little brothers tend to get their hands into any cake they can find at parties. Lol.

That's the thing; I don't think the cake would be eaten if we got one.

Also I had a double pump. You don't have to use a double pump though; it is just faster. I imagine nursing while pumping would solve that issue. My hospital also gave me a free single hand pump but I never used it.

Digital Fiend

Breastfeeding: I'm thinking of just not doing it this time around. At all. James wants me to try (I doubt he's going to be upset if I don't, but he's mentioned it a couple of times).

I'm not pregnant yet, but I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

averykae
Bottle Weaning.

Gerry won't have anything to do with most sippy cups, but he likes drinking from straw cups. I started with a normal straw, dipped it into the formula, covered the tip with my finger, and then dripped it into his mouth. He caught on pretty quickly.

Hardcore Muse

Steph:
Thanks, it actually all ended up working out they got back together yesterday later on but she was still willing to rent to us regardless of them breaking up.
So it's still on that we'll be moving next weekend. ^ _ ^

Weaning:
I never gave Sophia a bottle to start with, I mean in the beginning when we were working on breastfeeding I did due to her latch but afterwards she wouldn't take one so we never had to wean her off of one.
Now weaning her off the breast is another matter entirely.
sweatdrop

Lucky Star

I wish every night could be like last night.
Cyrus got out of the bath when he decided he was done. We watched Mickey, then when that was over he grabbed his bear and went and climbed in his bed all without me having to tell him to. He got out once to say "Dada I love you" And went straight to sleep.
Then slept in until 9:30 this morning!

I'm so thankful cause I still feel sick...

But I can't get him to eat anything today!

Sparkly Smoker

Isabella did really well with her vaccinations! She only cried for a minute and then got some daddy cuddles and she was fine. I didn't cry, either! xd I'm proud of myself!

She nursed when she got home and went right to sleep. Then, about 20 minutes ago she woke up out of a dead sleep and cried and cried! I gave her some baby tylenol and she's back to sleep. She won't let me lay her down, though so I don't expect to finish laundry today. xd Oh well, I love my baby cuddles. heart

Hardcore Muse

le iggy
Isabella did really well with her vaccinations! She only cried for a minute and then got some daddy cuddles and she was fine. I didn't cry, either! xd I'm proud of myself!

She nursed when she got home and went right to sleep. Then, about 20 minutes ago she woke up out of a dead sleep and cried and cried! I gave her some baby tylenol and she's back to sleep. She won't let me lay her down, though so I don't expect to finish laundry today. xd Oh well, I love my baby cuddles. heart

Glad to hear she did well. ^_^
I miss the infant vaccines, they're so unaware of what's going on. Sophia is still kind of clueless but as soon as she sees the needle she knows what's up. sad

Heroic Mage

Damien knows what happens at the doctor's office. He starts crying every time they lay him down, and sometimes when they put him on the scale.

Ugh, he's teething again. At his 12 month appointment, the doctor said his molars were swollen, and I'm guessing those are the teeth giving him trouble. Damien refused to take the first nap, wouldn't eat and only screamed at me. I finally managed to get him to sit still long enough for some ibuprofen, and he passed out for 2 hours around 4 pm.

Feral Loiterer

11,925 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
Ugh today is a complete cluster ********. My husband was s**t canned (fired). He pretty much became the scapegoat for a series of mistakes that were made by his company and it was his poor luck that they fired him. It just makes this move even more frustrating and not worth uprooting everything that I know and care about. We couldn't even move back to Alaska if we wanted to. My SIL is renting my house and without a job we couldn't pay the mortgage anyways. My mom offered to have us live with her up there but the job prospects aren't any better.
My husband is going to start job hunting Monday so hopefully he'll find something quickly. I feel pretty confident I'll find a teaching job with my Spanish it just sucks that summer is around the corner.
We still have insurance until midnight. Got my IUD put in and had my prescriptions refilled. I'm looking into health care for Olivia, I never get sick so I can do without , but she definitely needs it.
******** ******** ******** this day just sucks.

Sparkly Smoker

The_Perky_Thief
Ugh today is a complete cluster ********. My husband was s**t canned (fired). He pretty much became the scapegoat for a series of mistakes that were made by his company and it was his poor luck that they fired him. It just makes this move even more frustrating and not worth uprooting everything that I know and care about. We couldn't even move back to Alaska if we wanted to. My SIL is renting my house and without a job we couldn't pay the mortgage anyways. My mom offered to have us live with her up there but the job prospects aren't any better.
My husband is going to start job hunting Monday so hopefully he'll find something quickly. I feel pretty confident I'll find a teaching job with my Spanish it just sucks that summer is around the corner.
We still have insurance until midnight. Got my IUD put in and had my prescriptions refilled. I'm looking into health care for Olivia, I never get sick so I can do without , but she definitely needs it.
******** ******** ******** this day just sucks.

I'm so sorry, Perky. ): That really blows having to move all the way down here for that to happen. What kind of work does he do?

Feral Loiterer

11,925 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
le iggy

I'm so sorry, Perky. ): That really blows having to move all the way down here for that to happen. What kind of work does he do?

He works in the oil field. I know there's plenty of jobs like that here or in Houston. Just a matter of getting said job. It's just beyond frustrating, especially since we're now going to get charged for the move, it was a minimum one year contract. If he quit or got fired we have to pay it back. I have to believe there is a loop hole sine they fired him I hope so cause I am not paying it back. To hell with his credit.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff