Bassinet 0.072463768115942 7.2% [ 5 ]
Diaper caddy/changing table 0.014492753623188 1.4% [ 1 ]
Video monitor 0.043478260869565 4.3% [ 3 ]
Other (please share!) 0.14492753623188 14.5% [ 10 ]
...gold.... 0.3768115942029 37.7% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
This poll closed on July 9, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.

Can I ask why some men are such babies when the Internet goes out? I mean really we lived without it for years. It goes out and he goes insane because of an online game he is playing.

I told him that it means he needs to get up off his lazy a** and help me. He didn't take to kindly to that comment. Hell I don't even remember the last time I touched my 3DS.

Perky: I am so sorry that happened.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
@Steph: Honestly? Because after the huge failure of last time, I kind of just don't want to deal with it and all the emotions that might come from failing. Another reason is because I kind of like my freedom, which is more of a selfish reason than anything. I know a few mothers that have been really unhappy that they've been 'needed' as much because they either don't want to use bottles or the baby refuses bottles anyway.

I mean, it might be better this time around, but I'm not sure if I want to invest feelings of hope when I doubt it would be any better this time around.

William is feeling better today. He still has a fever, but he's doing pretty good attitude wise. We're watching Shrek the musical again and he kept clapping after Donkey's song. And then strumming along with his guitar to another song. It's adorable.

Off for my three day weekend, and it's Easter! We'll see how this goes! What was going to be a small family get-together is turning into a get-together that's about medium sized.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
@Perky: Omg, that's horrible. I'm sorry that he became a scapegoat. sad That's just shitty. I hope that he has good luck finding a job Monday. heart

@Jobs: I've come to the decision that I'm going to quit mine as soon as I get another one. It's not a bad job, it's pretty great and easy in fact. I'm just not happy there and I don't want to stay there. I still kind of want to try to get a job with a daycare. I mean, every job has it's ups and downs, but I really like kids. The only thing that I want to hold off on there is because of all the diseases that come with the job.

Of course, now it's more of a waiting game because it's hard as hell to get a job while pregnant. I hate waiting.

Fashionable Explorer

8,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
My family is coming here today, and all I think of is how judgmental my sister and mother are going to be of any and all of my parenting decisions.
Like, I bet the minute Adam is out the door on Saturday for work they're going to hone right in and be bitchy about everything.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I'm sorry Nater. I remember the issues you had with them.
Ok I should not have watched the video my friend posted on Facebook. I can see why she blames him for getting her hooked on that song. Now I'm hooked. Damn Bollywood catchy tunes.

Dapper Gaian

So, I have been here before I used to be a regular on the pregnancy thread and the old mom's thread probably 3 years ago...so I know some of the people here...but for those I don't!

I'm Ashlee, I'm 23 and I have a son named Jeffrey who is 4. His father is Harvey and we've been together 6 years now. I work full time at Tim Hortons, go to school, and am currently in the works of getting my license.

I look forward to getting to know you all!

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
*Huggles Ashlee* What brings you back to gaia dearie? (Not that I'm complaining!)

Dapper Gaian

*huggles* I don't know I guess with Harvey working nights now I'm reaching out and I remember Gaia being very helpful when he was on nights when Jeffrey was just a baby.
averykae
Bottle Weaning.
So at my daughter wic aptmnt today they are only giving me 7 cans of formula to wean her off of by the end of the month. That's only, since sometimes I do half milk and half formula during lunch. I just hate how I can only get whole milk. (If my daughter needs vitamin D, we can play outside.)
The only problem I'm having is that they want her off the bottle by 14 months. I tried to give formula to her in her sippy-cup last night... Nope, she wouldn't have it. I tried cio but she would wake up every 30 minutes and cry again. She's not a pacifier baby so her bottle soothes when she wakes up in the middle of the night.

What can I do to make weaning her off a bottle any easier?

As others have mentioned they do whole milk since the fats in it are great for babies, not just for the vitamin d. Laynie doesn't/never did sippy cups, we use a straw with her which she's been doing since about 7 months. Like Sammi mentioned a carb heavy meal before bed is great. We usually eat dinner an hour or two before Laynies bed time and then I feed her again about 30 minutes before bed, if she eats thats great if not that's okay too.

The first night I did CIO with Laynie was pretty horrible. She took about an hour of crying to settle in the first time and then woke up every 15-40 minutes after that for a few hours so that was exhausting and heartbreaking. My presence only upset her more so I only went in to check on her if she'd slept for 30 minutes or more. I used the same phrase every time and didn't pick her up. I use the same phrase now too so she knows it's all ok and she needs to sleep. She did a lot better the next night and she sleeps really well most of the time now.

Having a lovey helps too. Laynie didn't become really attached to a lovey unitl we left her favorite stuffed toy in her crib with her for CIO. Now she uses it anytime she's tired or upset. Sometimes when she wakes up at night she'll find her lovey and go back to sleep. You can try not letting her have the bottle for as long too, so gently taking them away. Time it the first time and if she drinks for 10 minutes, take it away at 8 etc.
We got into Sydney late this morning, around 4am. Poor Michael is so sore and exhausted after spending 14hrs in the bike. He and my dad have just left to take my father back to Parkes and then Michael will turn around and come back (about 5-6hrs each way). I really want to make this weekend as easy on Michael as possible, but with needing to see everyone so they can meet Belanna, it may not be as relaxed as I'd like.

fReemade Ran's Partner

Omnipresent Traveler

Perky - Sorry to hear about the job. Hope he finds something soon.

Fuzzy - I get mopey when the internet goes down. Luckily I always have a book handy!
So, I feel really awful about this but I picked the prickle pears yesterday, and brought them in and put them on the table in the frontroom thinking Aaliyah wouldn't be able to get to them without having to climb something first and since Adam took the chair she usually climbs with away I figured it wouldn't be a hazard.
Clearly I misjudged Aaliyah's reach and she grabbed one.
So, Adam freaked out and started at me for it, and left me to deal with a screaming Aaliyah in the bath while I tweezered as many prickles as I could out while he ******** around with stuff in the kitchen.
It was really honestly awful, and I felt really ******** awful and Adam calling me irresponsible and a crap mother for it did not ******** help the situation at all.
:/

To top it off I went to have a chai latte earlier, I finished frothing it and was about to clean the nozzle when Aaliyah pushed a chair right in front of it, and when she does that there is no way you can pull her off without her chucking a huge a** tanty.
Normally I don't mind when she does that because it's a good way to interact with her while I'm doing something but because it spits out steam I wasn't comfortable with unclogging the nozzle with her there so I left it for anther time.
Literally not long after that Adam's mum turned up to pick us up for dinner so I never really got the chance and Adam got super shitty at me for it.

It's just so bloody frustrating to me that he can leave half empty beer bottles around and lighters and cigarettes but the MINUTE Aaliyah grabs something that she shouldn't have that is a risk that I left somewhere I am a terrible and irresponsible person for it. And when I don't do something because the hazard to Aaliyah is higher then the benefit of doing it is, I'm made feel like I am super lazy and don't do anything right.
I literally cannot win.

Feral Kitten

Things are starting to look up for us!! heart

Yesterday my husband got a notice in the mail about the civil service test/Corrections Officer training test. Basically it asked him if he was still interested in it and if he was available for interviews. So he filled it all out and we mailed it back. We were not expecting to see this letter so soon.

Basically there is generally a 3 year period between the test and actually starting the 6-8 week training class. But they do not normally receive this letter for close to 2 years. Today is 1 year from when Micah took the test.

We just have to wait until we get another letter stating when his interview is, then go to Albany for it. That's probably when we'll find out more about the training and what not.

Is it bad that I'm excited for this since when he gets into the prison that we'll be on the same health insurance I was on before I got married? (My dad works at the same prison Micah will be doing his probation year at)
Moo: I am normally "Meh whatever. It will come back when it does." unless I am doing something like filling out forms or anything like that then I get angry when it goes out.

I noticed our wifi has been down a lot since they found out about that heart bleed bug. I'm thinking it is a patch update. Hell I've already had my SIN and likely identity stolen thanks to the government, Shaw may as well protect the rest of my information.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff