Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Last year I was single for months, and like you, it was through choice. I enjoyed the freedom and independance and guys could not understand why I was single (then those who said that weren't exactly.... nice).

Now I'm happy in love 3nodding

Enduring Gaian

12,300 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
I'm on the content level of being single, meaning I'm not that happy, but I'm not that disappointed either. I was in a great relationship 2-3 months ago, we were engaged and it was close to us dating for 1 year. I broke it off because I'm deployed, couldn't stand the extra stress of her parental issues and etc, so I broke it off. I'm content being single, but I'm not going to throw myself out there just to find another relationship.
Shinobi Brown
Relationships are the most overrated s**t ever, real talk.

They have their perks (cuddling and sex are the only two IMO), but too many people use them to validate their lives and I feel like the people that do really don't have good, close, and reliable friends.

I have no idea why people dislike being single, specially at a young age. Too many people are desperate for relationships. If you can't make yourself happy, you'll never make your SO happy.

I agree with this 100%

I dont go through loads of effort to find a relationship.
Jiti
I read an article on Psychology Today about people being single. Some people are just single at heart but it's sad that society standards say that singles should find someone and marry them. Jeez, not everyone wants kids, not everyone wants to get married, not everyone wants a relationship.
I find that normal when someone is single at heart.

Drive it like you stole it, none of "society's standards" become a problem if you dont worry about them. I find this is easy for me~<3

Dapper Gawker

You're supposed to feel independent in a relationship and your sacrifices should be minimal--at least, I think. Although I'm in a relationship, I believe I'm "naturally" single--meaning if I'm single, I don't mind it even if I never find love again.
Being single is not a bad thing because waiting for the right person and making the right choices is the most important thing<3
verenicruz the frosted
i have worked every weekend for like a year, and i have school during the day on weekdays, dating would be impossible to find good times to actually hang out

oh me too!
which is one of the main reasons it's better for me to be single because i cannot dedicate the time to a consistent relationship
unless they want to meet once or twice a week on my days off (or before work)*
the only reason i hang out with friends is because they have strange work schedules

i want to focus on my career before settling down anyways

King Cutie-Pie

x
            Every time you put an asterisk at the end of a sentence, I think that you have a footnote that you want to add at the end of your post. gonk

Anyway, while I'm in a committed relationship right now, I didn't mind being single when I was. It was nice, I didn't feel like I needed to be with my partner everywhere I went, or that I had to worry about someone else's life.
Beerios
Relationships aren't worth the constant disappointment
Belonging To Night
Updates
I've only been single for a few months but I absolutely love living alone and doing my own thing~~
we broke up because i felt i needed to find myself*
i'm a lot more confident and productive without him

all my girlfriends have boyfriends or men that they're casually seeing
and i don't miss that at all~
the drama, the sacrifices
I feel like when I'm in a relationship, i am not really my true independent self

so I plan on being single for a while
it's not even that I can't get anyone**

anyone else love being single?
do you feel its better for (young) women to experience being single before dating? (I think so)

Wait until you find that person who makes you not want to be single anymore, then they decide to break up with you because they want to enjoy being single. That's when being single, at least for you, doesn't feel all that enjoyable because everything you want to do becomes lackluster.

that's kind of what i did to my ex :/
but truthfully, it's not right to hold someone back if that's what they desire~
I may not like them leaving me but I don't want to force someone to be unhappy in their current situation*
regardless of the reason.

I've never experienced heart break (past LOL crush turned me down in middle school)
so I'm not sure how to relate~~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces