Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
My views are traditional and modern. I want to get married, which is traditional, but I don't want to wait to have sex or live with my partner until that day because living with partner shows whether he is right for me. I lived with my boyfriend at his parents for four months before we moved into our flat because if we decided our relationship wasn't going to work at least it was easy for me to move back home, which you can't do if you have a lease on a property.

Once I get married and have kids I may decide to leave my job to be a housewife or work part time. It's not because that's how I see the role of a wife/mother but we are planning on moving to the other end of the country so childcare from our family will be non existant and child care in this country is expensive, so me only working whilst my husband is home to look after the kids saves a heck of a lot of money. My parents both worked full time so I barely saw them when I grew up, which I don't like.

I'm going to stress that my views affect me and my life only, if others live a life differently to me then that's up to them, I have no right to tell them what they should and should not do.
I'm traditional in the sense that I was brought up to have manners and treat others, especially elders, with respect. Something which is seriously lacking in young people these days.

I'm also on the belief that when you find the person you want to spend your life with, truly, then there will be no other, even if they pass away.
To me, I'd just feel like I'd be betraying my late other half by being with someone else. Yes, it's a lonely life, but such is my way of thinking.

Shameless Giver

10,800 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
Saying courteous words and having manners toward people. I don't remember the last time I heard a kid say excuse me, please, or things like ma'am or sir.
That is how my boyfriend is sometimes. He talks about how if we get married he wants me to stay at home and pop out kids right away. Not exactly how I pictured my future

Fluffy Bunny

I look down on casual sex. My views are basically the same as yours when it comes to that. (I do, however, think that women should be allowed to move out whenever they want and don't 'belong' to their father or husband.)

My other "old-fashioned opinion" is that women should know how to be home-makers. They don't have to be, obviously, I just think that every woman should know how to sew, cook, clean, do laundry, etc. It's just makes for a better person all-around.

Quotable Conversationalist

4,300 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Alright, let's see...

-Saving sex for a committed relationship.
-Saving children for marriage.
-Respecting your elders.
-Kids acting like kids instead of "mini adults".
-It doesn't matter if it's the mother or father, one parent should stay home with very young children while the other parent goes to work.
-Women should know how to cook and clean, while men should know how to use some tools.
If I have kids I will beat them and lock them in the attic
That no one should have sex ever, under any circumstance.
Banks and churches should still commission great pieces of art work to gain prestige.

Savage Tactician

22,040 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Olympian 200

Star

I believe adaptability is a magnificent quality.

Times change, and so do people, and the most important thing is to be happy with who you are, not who your parents' generation say you should have been twenty years ago.

Tradition can be comforting, but it can also be a pain in the a**...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff