Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Conversationalist

twistedqueen92
General Snicker-Doodle
I consider myself to be semi-old fashioned.

I also believe that sex is reserved for two people who love each other very much. It's a personal view; I just couldn't imagine sharing something so intimate with someone I won't remember the name of tomorrow. I don't look down on people who do engage in casual sex; that's no business of mine.

I'm old fashioned when it comes to music. I listen to music that was popular decades before I was even born, some decades before even my parents were born. I have as much of a nostalgic view of the "solid gold oldies" as any old person, and I can be caught bitching about that new s**t they're playing nowadays.

I'm a crotchety old person trapped in a 20-year-old body when it comes to parenting, children, and good manners.
No one has manners anymore. It makes me a sad panda.

Same here! I feel like I should be 50 years old or something. I probably agree more with my grandma than I do with anyone my age on things. Except for music. I can't resist that Sexy and I Know it song...

That song is a guilty pleasure for me. My brother got me into it. gonk

Dedicated Loiterer

Mostly stuff about what makes a man a man. You know, ability to face up to your mistakes, treating your woman right, etc.

Dedicated Loiterer

Nova Amalea
"Old-fashioned views" aka I like to keep my uninformed, underdeveloped and immature notions of the world 'cause I'm different. rolleyes

Just like you like to keep your annoying, underdeveloped, and immature attitude 'cause you're pompous 3nodding *hintyhint*

Romantic Cat

17,375 Points
  • Powerful Legion 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Waffles! 25
twistedqueen92
Anadri
I think young girls shouldn't use mace up. My 12 year old sister use it way too much. I'm discusted and horrified (no less) every time I look at her. All her friends do the same. I'm a lot older then she is, but then I was her age, cosmetics, in my opinion, was for women who wanted to find a man!

And I also don't want to take my husband's last name. Unless it's pretty ^_^

I disagree with that. I personally use makeup to please myself, not men. My boyfriend is actually a big fan of natural looking girls and dislikes when I wear makeup, but he knows it's my choice to do so. As long as women wear it for the right reasons (to please themselves, to experiment with different looks, whatever) and not just to please OTHER people, I don't think the age matters. When I was young and played with makeup, it was definitely just for fun!

But yay, someone else who wants to keep their last name! People look at me like I'm crazy when I say that.

Hmm, not like I would argue about your opinion, just want to point out, what using makeup can be a little dangerous. There are a lot of people, who think that using makeup by a girl means readiness for "something adults do". 12 year old is still a child. No understending of man's nature and good skin, which usually is too sensitive in that age, by the way, just why... Well, I hope my child will be a boy, so he wouldn't have to hear my nagging smile

Hot Duck

Anadri
twistedqueen92
Anadri
I think young girls shouldn't use mace up. My 12 year old sister use it way too much. I'm discusted and horrified (no less) every time I look at her. All her friends do the same. I'm a lot older then she is, but then I was her age, cosmetics, in my opinion, was for women who wanted to find a man!

I disagree with that. I personally use makeup to please myself, not men. My boyfriend is actually a big fan of natural looking girls and dislikes when I wear makeup, but he knows it's my choice to do so. As long as women wear it for the right reasons (to please themselves, to experiment with different looks, whatever) and not just to please OTHER people, I don't think the age matters. When I was young and played with makeup, it was definitely just for fun!

But yay, someone else who wants to keep their last name! People look at me like I'm crazy when I say that.

Hmm, not like I would argue about your opinion, just want to point out, what using makeup can be a little dangerous. There are a lot of people, who think that using makeup by a girl means readiness for "something adults do". 12 year old is still a child. No understending of man's nature and good skin, which usually is too sensitive in that age, by the way, just why... Well, I hope my child will be a boy, so he wouldn't have to hear my nagging smile

Yeah no, makeup is more a form of expression for a lot of people. Personally when I want to go out and "find a man," I'll wear a lot LESS makeup. One of my boyfriends in high school was always saying I wore too much makeup, like colourful eyeshadow and stuff. But I told him to shut up and he did.

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
yum_tea I don't have any "old fashioned" views. Why would I waste my time wallowing in the ignorance of my ancestors when I could move forward into a bright new future?

Blessed Tactician

Well as a christian, I believe it is very important to wait till after marriage to make love.

Sex= before marriage.

Make Love= that special "moment" with your spouse.

So many can't seem to wait till after marriage. Unfortunately, I am one of those who couldn't stick to my guns when it mattered most, and I'll regret it for the rest of my life. It saddens me that I'll have to tell this to my future wife someday instead of "I saved myself for you, and you alone."

So having failed, I feel I know first hand how important it is to wait till after marriage. For God has many blessings for those who can wait; which I know are very few these days.
But even so, though I messed up and have lost my purity, I still want to stick to my guns and keep waiting.

I apologize if this comes acrossed as imposing. sweatdrop

Other old fashioned habits?

I also feel it's important to be a gentleman around the ladies. 3nodding It's worth a smile to open the door for them.
Chivalry is also important to me.

So many guys seem to throw all of this out the window by the time they turn twenty like me. sad

Bibliophile

23,850 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Hero 100
So OP, you want people to go into marriage not truly knowing how to look after themselves, run a household or handle money? That sounds like a wonderful foundation to build a marriage on. rolleyes And why on earth does it apply more to women than men?

I don't hold any views for tradition's sake. There are some things I want to do that line up with tradition (I want to be married before I have kids, for example) but for practical reasons, rather than because it's traditional. And I certainly don't think other people should have to live their life the same way as me.

Chatty Smoker

thefluffygamer
Nova Amalea
"Old-fashioned views" aka I like to keep my uninformed, underdeveloped and immature notions of the world 'cause I'm different. rolleyes

Just like you like to keep your annoying, underdeveloped, and immature attitude 'cause you're pompous 3nodding *hintyhint*

Thank you smile I don't know why people get so offended just because someone is a bit "old school" and not overly liberal like most people are these days.

Chatty Smoker

Anadri
twistedqueen92
Anadri

Well, I don't think women (and little girls) should watch what they wear because it may be dangerous. I think it's the man's (or predator's, because in rare instances they can be female also) responsibility to not rape/assault a girl just because she's dressed a certain way or has a lot of makeup on. I just believe in self-expression. If that means wearing purple lipstick, green eyeshadow, and a bikini out in public, then go for it! I don't think people should cover up who they are because they might get raped/sexually assaulted for it. It's the bad person's responsibility to not even try!

Chatty Smoker

Digital Fiend
It might not be old, but it's probably not the norm of today. I wish that kids would act like kids. I think they try to hard to grow up too fast. I think they miss out on some things.

I believe in hard work and caring about the place you work at/the workplace caring about it's workers.

Agreed with both!

I tried to grow up too fast as a kid too, and now I regret it. I really wish you can experience adulthood for a few days as a kid so you realize how badass it is to do everything for free and only have to worry about school as your biggest issue.

The workplace thing too. I wish more people cared about their jobs and loved it, and had bosses who felt the same way.
i don't personally like this whole house husband s**t.
i don't care if anyone else does it but i would not have my husband doing that whilst i went out and worked.
maybe i like typical gender stereotypes to a certain extent,
i guess so.

Dainty Doll

twistedqueen92
I also think people (especially women) should live at home until they're married.

I'm the opposite. biggrin
I think that it's healthiest to have a period when you're not reliant on anyone else to "look after" you or provide for you in any way, especially before settling into a long-term cohabiting relationship. Because codependency sucks.

I guess my thinking's pretty "modern" on most things, really.
I'm all for gay marriage.
I think consensual polygamy should be legal.
I think recreational drug use should be legal, as it will decrease associated crime rates (crime breeds more crime, which breeds abuse of innocents etc. same old s**t) and instances of death (educate people on how to use more safely, make people less afraid of going to the hospital if something's going wrong etc.)
I think hitting children in any way is bad, it sets a bad example (you're supposed to teach your kids that hitting, especially hitting those smaller than themselves, is bad) and is in complete contradiction with all of the ******** mountains of research I've done into how to nurture healthy infant mental development and thus better behaviour.

Although I am quite old-fashioned when it comes to surnames. For myself, I prefer that mine, my spouse, and our childrens' names all match; whether I take his name, he takes mine, or we both hyphenate doesn't matter.
Not for any real reason, I just like the neatness of it. I know it's silly.

Oh, and I do believe that in an ideal situation (not including unplanned pregnancies, difficult personal circumstances etc.) it's best to get married before you have kids.
But that's not for moral reasons, just legal ones, particularly to help protect the rights of the father in case of a breakup.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff