Welcome to Gaia! ::

Adored Admirer

Dolce Rogue
Pseudo-Onkelos
Dolce Rogue
Pseudo-Onkelos
Dolce Rogue
I think there shouldn't be a complete elimination of gender roles.

Bracing for hyper liberals trying to prove me wrong in 3, 2, 1...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Also, my captcha says "agree to disagree".

I have no captcha this time :c
Really, though, I'm all for equal rights... to an extent.

It's fine. I'm not a hyper liberal. 3nodding

You're like a rare stone in this pit of coal called LD.

Hehe. Thanks, Dolce Rogue. 3nodding
that people shouldnt have kids until they're married

and i dont see what this has to do gender discrimination its just logical
that women who chose to have kids should be at home with the kids , that women that don't want to have kids should be allowed to do whatever they want. from waitresses, to geniuses, to CEO's to being stay-at-home moms.

men who want to be stay at home dads should get the chance if they want im not saying they shouldn't
Old fashioned views?
Personally, I don't believe any views should be considered old-fashioned.
It only serves to belittle the opinion.

Chatty Smoker

Anadri
I think young girls shouldn't use mace up. My 12 year old sister use it way too much. I'm discusted and horrified (no less) every time I look at her. All her friends do the same. I'm a lot older then she is, but then I was her age, cosmetics, in my opinion, was for women who wanted to find a man!

And I also don't want to take my husband's last name. Unless it's pretty ^_^

I disagree with that. I personally use makeup to please myself, not men. My boyfriend is actually a big fan of natural looking girls and dislikes when I wear makeup, but he knows it's my choice to do so. As long as women wear it for the right reasons (to please themselves, to experiment with different looks, whatever) and not just to please OTHER people, I don't think the age matters. When I was young and played with makeup, it was definitely just for fun!

But yay, someone else who wants to keep their last name! People look at me like I'm crazy when I say that.

Chatty Smoker

the puffin dance
that people shouldnt have kids until they're married

and i dont see what this has to do gender discrimination its just logical
that women who chose to have kids should be at home with the kids , that women that don't want to have kids should be allowed to do whatever they want. from waitresses, to geniuses, to CEO's to being stay-at-home moms.

men who want to be stay at home dads should get the chance if they want im not saying they shouldn't

Agreed. I definitely don't want a kid until I'm married. And I agree with your second statement(s) also. If I have kids I think I will try to get the dad to stay at home, because personally I want to go to grad school and I would hate to spend all that money on school and not get a badass job.

Chatty Smoker

General Snicker-Doodle
I consider myself to be semi-old fashioned.

I also believe that sex is reserved for two people who love each other very much. It's a personal view; I just couldn't imagine sharing something so intimate with someone I won't remember the name of tomorrow. I don't look down on people who do engage in casual sex; that's no business of mine.

I'm old fashioned when it comes to music. I listen to music that was popular decades before I was even born, some decades before even my parents were born. I have as much of a nostalgic view of the "solid gold oldies" as any old person, and I can be caught bitching about that new s**t they're playing nowadays.

I'm a crotchety old person trapped in a 20-year-old body when it comes to parenting, children, and good manners.
No one has manners anymore. It makes me a sad panda.

Same here! I feel like I should be 50 years old or something. I probably agree more with my grandma than I do with anyone my age on things. Except for music. I can't resist that Sexy and I Know it song...

Chatty Smoker

Queen Shining Heaven
I agree with the sex thing, but the living at home thing is a no go. What if you never get married? Or what if you don't want to marry until you're older? Would you really want to live with your parents when you have the maturity and income to live on your own? I certainly wouldn't

I think people who don't want to get married or people who are like 35 and still at home can be exceptions. It's just that, for myself, that's what I would do. My mom moved out at 19 and my dad at 21 and they weren't married. It depends on the person but I wish more people would get married and stay at home until they do so, though I am aware that this is a new era where people concentrate on school and work first before jumping the gun and getting married young, which I can respect also.
I became old fashioned over a period of time. I understand how unpopular they are.

arrow I think sex is something for inside of the marriage covenant.
arrow I want to be a stay at home mom and a good, submissive(yes, i said it) wife.
arrow Chivalry is NOT DEAD.
arrow I will never divorce my husband.

Rainbow Fatcat

I don't really know if it's old fashion but these are some things that I like ( I don't think any less of others who do the opposite of this, it's just what I'd personally like to do)

1. Kids after marriage (emotionally/financially stable)
2. Sex with someone you you really love (waiting after a year or more/no one-night stands)
3. A parent always at home looking after babies/young kids until they're a bit older
4. Spanking if the child does something wrong to show them (like a smack on the bottom)
5. I like the family structure of the husband going to work and the wife at home looking after the house and children.

Dedicated Fatcat

8,400 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
I am more partial to the belief that one should show restraint in sex related matters. By which I mean, one should seek committed relationships and generally avoid casual encounters. The benefits in my opinion really outweigh the risks such as diseases and unintended pregnancy. Not to mention the possibility of entangling in social bonds that were constructed previously thus possibly causing unnecessary dramatics.

But alas, the world isn't perfect and the human need for sex usually triumphs over logic and reason.

Eloquent Lover

I like my relationship to be traditional. I clean and cook and take care of things in the home, while my boyfriend goes to work and comes home to dinner already made and a clean house.
Also, I believe to wait until you are in love and have been in a committed relationship for a while to have sex. My boyfriend waited three years, which shows he didn't want to just get me in bed, but genuinely cared for me.
Mind you, this is just my personal belief and lifestyle. Whatever people want to do with their lives is none of my business.

Also, I do agree with Dolce Rogue that, I am liberal....to an extent.

I’m living at home until I get married. I might move in with my fiancé a couple of months before the wedding, but that’s because we’re buying our house and we’ll need to start making payments before the wedding. At the moment though, I’m still at home sharing a room with my little sister. It’s going to be a HUGE change!

I guess my old fashioned views are: it’s a-okay to spank children (spank not beat), mothers should stay at home IF THEY WANT (it saves tremendously on childcare), you always say please and thank you, and men should be manly.

I used to be no “RAWR NO SEX UNTIL MARRIAGE”, but then I had sex. I was in a committed relationship though and now we’re getting married in October. I’m more okay with sex before marriage (although I would want my children to wait /whatahypocrite), but I think you need to wait until you’re in a committed relationship.

Angelic Streaker

10,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Partygoer 500
I believe in learning and growing through experimentation before anything serious, including marriage, defining your sexuality, and even long term relationships or commitments. Many people today define love in a very limited and selfish way that for some reason became the 'norm' even though it has a remarkably low success rate. I can understand marriage for extreme cases, but for the majority it just doesn't work, and in the long run only causes more drama and difficulties. Obviously I believe that there needs to be more straightforward and serious sex-ed classes, as young as possible, starting in the 6th grade I would say, possibly earlier for different subjects, in ALL schools. All of them. Education is very important to children and future adults. And holding out on crucial subjects like sex and std/pregnancy prevention because some ADULTS are too immature to take it seriously is bullshit.

Getting into relationships shouldn't be so glamorized or important. The reason the majority of relationships fail so badly is because most people do not take them seriously because it's ALL PEOPLE CARE ABOUT. No one wants to be alone, for one reason or another, and this is devaluing the idea of relationships and marriage. I'd care about marriage more if it wasn't such bullshit now adays. Barely anyone who marries for love stays together past 3 years. I'd be willing to bet that people who marry JUST for the benifits probably last longer than those who marry for love or status. That aside, if you're going to have marriage be an option for whatever reason, you should make it available for EVERYONE, not just straight couples, and not just straight and gay couples, but for poly people too. Especially if that marriage includes benifits for couples that EVERY couple could use or need.

Aside from those.. very few of my ideals when it comes to this society actually fits in with the 'norm' or what's going on now.

Dangerous Bear

10,750 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tipsy 100
I feel very lucky to still be single at the age of 30. I know I'm not ready to even begin looking for someone to have in my life at this time. I believe in lifelong chastity, but then, I happen to be asexual, and even though I've had my share of experience in that way, it fails to interest me, for some reason. I definately believe in living at home until marriage, and I also believe that women shouldn't be in the corporate business world. My mother is a nurse, and some professions, like nursing and teaching, are acceptable professions for women, in my opinion. I don't plan to be married until I'm closing in on 50, I know myself too well to believe I'll be ready for marriage any earlier than 50. I also plan to keep my maiden name after my marriage. Changing it to that of my partner is sexist in my opinion.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff