Welcome to Gaia! ::

Chatty Smoker

Tute Sweet
twistedqueen92
I also think people (especially women) should live at home until they're married.

I'm the opposite. biggrin
I think that it's healthiest to have a period when you're not reliant on anyone else to "look after" you or provide for you in any way, especially before settling into a long-term cohabiting relationship. Because codependency sucks.

I guess my thinking's pretty "modern" on most things, really.
I'm all for gay marriage.
I think consensual polygamy should be legal.
I think recreational drug use should be legal, as it will decrease associated crime rates (crime breeds more crime, which breeds abuse of innocents etc. same old s**t) and instances of death (educate people on how to use more safely, make people less afraid of going to the hospital if something's going wrong etc.)
I think hitting children in any way is bad, it sets a bad example (you're supposed to teach your kids that hitting, especially hitting those smaller than themselves, is bad) and is in complete contradiction with all of the ******** mountains of research I've done into how to nurture healthy infant mental development and thus better behaviour.

Although I am quite old-fashioned when it comes to surnames. For myself, I prefer that mine, my spouse, and our childrens' names all match; whether I take his name, he takes mine, or we both hyphenate doesn't matter.
Not for any real reason, I just like the neatness of it. I know it's silly.

Oh, and I do believe that in an ideal situation (not including unplanned pregnancies, difficult personal circumstances etc.) it's best to get married before you have kids.
But that's not for moral reasons, just legal ones, particularly to help protect the rights of the father in case of a breakup.

I agree on gay marriage and polygamy. But I think drugs should be illegal (except weed). Mostly because my cousin and someone else very close to me is addicted to pain killers. Those pills ruin lives and are HIGHLY addictive. Things like that shouldn't even be made, even for people in real pain. When my dad had surgery, they prescribed him percocets (sp?) and he got addicted to them by accident. My mom had to take them away from him. Any opiate is like that, which is why I definitely think they need to stay illegal and even not be produced anymore... especially if people get addicted by ACCIDENT and they were prescribed to them for pain! But for non-addictive, non-harmful drugs, they're all good. Like weed... and adderall smile

Dainty Doll

twistedqueen92
Tute Sweet
twistedqueen92
I also think people (especially women) should live at home until they're married.

I think that it's healthiest to have a period when you're not reliant on anyone else to "look after" you or provide for you in any way, especially before settling into a long-term cohabiting relationship. Because codependency sucks.

I think recreational drug use should be legal, as it will decrease associated crime rates (crime breeds more crime, which breeds abuse of innocents etc. same old s**t) and instances of death (educate people on how to use more safely, make people less afraid of going to the hospital if something's going wrong etc.)
I think hitting children in any way is bad, it sets a bad example (you're supposed to teach your kids that hitting, especially hitting those smaller than themselves, is bad) and is in complete contradiction with all of the ******** mountains of research I've done into how to nurture healthy infant mental development and thus better behaviour.

Although I am quite old-fashioned when it comes to surnames. For myself, I prefer that mine, my spouse, and our childrens' names all match; whether I take his name, he takes mine, or we both hyphenate doesn't matter.

Oh, and I do believe that in an ideal situation (not including unplanned pregnancies, difficult personal circumstances etc.) it's best to get married before you have kids.
But that's not for moral reasons, just legal ones, particularly to help protect the rights of the father in case of a breakup.

I agree on gay marriage and polygamy. But I think drugs should be illegal (except weed). Mostly because my cousin and someone else very close to me is addicted to pain killers. Those pills ruin lives and are HIGHLY addictive. Things like that shouldn't even be made, even for people in real pain. When my dad had surgery, they prescribed him percocets (sp?) and he got addicted to them by accident. My mom had to take them away from him. Any opiate is like that, which is why I definitely think they need to stay illegal and even not be produced anymore... especially if people get addicted by ACCIDENT and they were prescribed to them for pain! But for non-addictive, non-harmful drugs, they're all good. Like weed... and adderall smile

So... what do people do when they're in extreme pain that requires stronger painkillers that are, unfortunately, more addictive?
Just suffer through it and be completely incapacitated by the agony?

(Not trying to start an argument or be offensive here or anything, just a friendly discussion. It's an unusual viewpoint.)

Dedicated Loiterer

twistedqueen92
thefluffygamer
Nova Amalea
"Old-fashioned views" aka I like to keep my uninformed, underdeveloped and immature notions of the world 'cause I'm different. rolleyes

Just like you like to keep your annoying, underdeveloped, and immature attitude 'cause you're pompous 3nodding *hintyhint*

Thank you smile I don't know why people get so offended just because someone is a bit "old school" and not overly liberal like most people are these days.

Oh, I'm liberal in how I think, I just kept a few values that I liked. Being old-fashioned doesn't always stop you from being liberal and open-minded.

Shirtless Smoker

Yes, plenty. I don't agree with you about the sex,though.

Chatty Smoker

Tute Sweet
twistedqueen92
Tute Sweet
twistedqueen92

So... what do people do when they're in extreme pain that requires stronger painkillers that are, unfortunately, more addictive?
Just suffer through it and be completely incapacitated by the agony?

(Not trying to start an argument or be offensive here or anything, just a friendly discussion. It's an unusual viewpoint.)

I wish they could make pills that weren't so addictive. There has to be some sort of way, you know? There's a conspiracy theory that the government does it on purpose. Not sure how much of that I believe. But I don't think ANYTHING that addictive should be legal. Even cigarettes. If they had a non-addictive version (that you only get "addicted" to because you have an addictive personality, for example), I'd be all for it. It's just sad that people who need the pills get addicted by accident... and then kids try these things, think it's great for a few weeks, then get addicted. I saw graffiti a few towns over with a picture of an oxycodone pill with the words "these pills are ruining our youth" next to it. So true. :/

Chatty Smoker

thefluffygamer
twistedqueen92
thefluffygamer
Nova Amalea
"Old-fashioned views" aka I like to keep my uninformed, underdeveloped and immature notions of the world 'cause I'm different. rolleyes

Just like you like to keep your annoying, underdeveloped, and immature attitude 'cause you're pompous 3nodding *hintyhint*

Thank you smile I don't know why people get so offended just because someone is a bit "old school" and not overly liberal like most people are these days.

Oh, I'm liberal in how I think, I just kept a few values that I liked. Being old-fashioned doesn't always stop you from being liberal and open-minded.

Agreed. I definitely have some modern views too, and I will listen to what people have to say and take it into consideration. It just seems like, in today's world, if you're not pro-whatever all across the board you must be close-minded, bigoted, sexist, etc. when that's just not true. Especially since the views I listed are for myself and I stated that people can do whatever they want and I won't judge or give my opinion on their behavior unless they ask. I'm open-minded but some views of mine have been challenged and I still think the same way. Doesn't make us "uninformed, underdeveloped and immature" ;P

Liberal Ladykiller

8,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Flatterer 200
I think that manners are important.
Things like saying 'please' and 'thank you,' and generally not being an a*****e to people.
Also, young girls should dress like they're young girls, not whores.
emotion_donotwant
I saw some girl the other day, she must have been no older than eight, and she looked like a goddamned tramp. WHY her parents allowed their little girl to go in public like that I will never understand.
I'm "Old-fashioned" in a few senses.
One of which is that I strongly appreciate the 50's household type dynamics. Although with the way the world is now, I feel the woman should work as well. For me personally I think it's my job as the woman of the house to take care of laundry, cleaning, cooking ect. but I think that's a very personal decision. Not every household has to/should run like that.

Other thing I'm not a huge fan of- Women proposing. I think it's just too modern for me. It takes away the option from the man, and I'd never do it. Not to say it's wrong, some couples may work that way, but I think for me it's the man's role to ask/determine when he is ready. Women seem more ready to marry, so it gives the man the security and time to determine when he is ready to be married. If he drags his feet forever, I'd say ditch don't propose.
I have quite a few old-fashioned views. I like for girls and women to dress appropriately for their age and not trampy, manners, for the boy to do most of the work in a relationship (asking the girl out, driving her around, paying for things), and I think that the woman should take her husband's last name.

But I'm also totally ok with same-sex marriage and I'm fine with the legalization of marijuana.

5,100 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
My old fashioned views would be on drugs and polygamy.

although i don't care that other people do drugs and are polygamous, i'm just too old fashioned for either. i'm all for the legalization of weed but not hard drugs. and if there was a way to make polygamous marriage happen i'd be all for that too. i'd just never do either myself.
I can't really think of any "old fashioned" views I have.

Maybe when it comes to punishing children? When I was little, I got hit whenever I did something wrong. I don't consider this abuse and it didn't mess me up. I just learned that certain things resulted in pain, and therefor I didn't do it anymore. That being said, I don't think that I could hit my own children (if I would decide to have any in the first place).

I just don't think hitting a child in a way that doesn't even injure them, it just stings, is such a bad thing. We've become a little bit too soft when it comes to those things, I think.

Kumacchiato's Prince

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I am just an old fashioned sort of fella, I daresay. Not that I have any issues with the most modern of ideas.

But I miss the days when people at least acted like they were proper, it was far more civil I think.
I refuse to. They're usually wrong.
I think sex is best kept inside a commited relationship. It just reduces issues with pregnancy and std's. And I would like to be married before I have children.

Dapper Genius

950 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
If you don't have sex before marriage, how will you know if you are compatible - sexually? Bad sex can ruin a relationship.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff