Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ferocious Hellhound

20,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Frozen Scavenger 250
  • Cool Cat 500
iTentacle Raep
silver-phoenix_zaniyah

He watched her, allowing her to put the distance between them. He of course knew the female mind, and so would never...push too hard. That is unless push had to come to shove.

"Oh. Take it as a compliment. I'd be saddened if you were instead insulted~"

A genuine sad expression, of course he was good at adjusting to his needs as well as others.

She placed her hand underneath her chin. She blinked, before smiling warmly. "Well I would rather prefer compliments."

Dangerous Genius

silver-phoenix_zaniyah

He smiled and bowed to her.

"Well, then take it as that. A beautiful young bloom like you should be complimented as much as the sunset~"

He straightened, his red eyes glinting again.

Loving Ram

76,550 Points
  • Wandering Ram 500
  • Champion 300
  • Wing Mastery 100
iTentacle Raep
He was too happy with the supplies he had received. He immediately went and started to bottle and store the carefully wrapped items. Later they would be put to good use. Out of the corner of his eye, he watched the faun. He did have to admire her, even though he could tell the curse binding her had...well limited her. When he had been human, he probably would have loved to get his hands on her and study all there would be to know...but alas...

He had other reasons to live now. Well, mostly it was this lust for energy. More and more, he could never quite get enough of it. But if he wanted to live and...maintain himself, he needed it. He could only wonder of the energy that he could get from a faun or other creature like her...

He suddenly turned back to her, smiling.
"My thanks again for the ingredients. Should you need another antidote, don't hesitate to stop by...in fact...I might have something...that could be of use."

He shook his head and shrugged, waving her off.
"Ah, never mind. It's still experimental, I haven't worked out all the kinks and I'm not sure of all the side effects. Wouldn't want that to be a deterrent, hmn?"
A harmless smile, but the man was far from it.

A deep sigh left her lips as she finished off the vial, and it was like the very air let out a sigh with her. Instead of growing stronger, that ambiance around her went away and she suddenly seemed far less tired, there a sharper clarity to her gaze. More instant then she thought it would be, though there may be lingering effects for a few hours, at least from what she knew of her healing items. It really was too bad their field medic wasn't an alchemist.
That watchful gaze fell upon him like a hammer's weight and heft, that fae force of will returned to her. Not that it was ever diminished, it just couldn't level it's dangerous effect on other people with just a glance. Quite the powerful creature, though certainly not as powerful as most fae. Faun were still low on the scale of the Courts, being mostly earth-bound. A species that choose to forgo real power and spend their lives in the world they stood upon now.

"Of use?"...There was something wrong here. Humans would never catch it...but fae were known for deception and trickery. Not faun in particular, but they were plenty exposed to the concept, sort of the odd ones out in a lot of ways...
"I'm interested in something that could assist in this battle, but an untested weapon is as bad as an enemy's attack."
Taking him seriously and respectfully, the way her eyes sat on him, unwavering and piercing...she was watching for something. Hiding behind a mask, behind a smile, behind robes...while she didn't know the species she was dealing with, those things didn't hide him. She could taste something wrong again. And this time she didn't think it was fatigue.

Dangerous Genius

DarkRybrin

Of course, now there was no curse to help obscure his form, he knew she was looking at him. Perhaps she couldn't tell what he was exactly but...Well. If she turned on him, he could simply escape. There was that. But he was intrigued by her. She was still willing to listen despite knowing of his nature? Interesting...

"Oh. It's no weapon. Simply...a potion I've been working on to cure all aliments. So far it removes curses, heals poison. It even boosts one's strength for a little while."

He explained, waving his hands elegantly to emphasize certain qualities of the drink. But, he dropped his fingers and shrugged, half turning away.

"Ah, but like I said~ It's still experimental. I'm not all sure what side effects would be, if they would be negative or not. It will be a bother for you~"

He sighed, shaking his masked head.

"In any case I will be here if you need more supplies. Take care."

He turned back to his cart, continuing to prepare ingredients and liquids.

Of course, he lied. He knew the side effects. He had tailored this potion just for the side effects. While it did have the beneficial traits he had described....Well...there was more to it than that.

Distinct Genius

16,725 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Survivor 150
  • Invisibility 100
FrozenSchedel used mid heal against Canto Dragon...It was successful and healed 20 points of damage.

Loving Ram

76,550 Points
  • Wandering Ram 500
  • Champion 300
  • Wing Mastery 100
iTentacle Raep
Of course, now there was no curse to help obscure his form, he knew she was looking at him. Perhaps she couldn't tell what he was exactly but...Well. If she turned on him, he could simply escape. There was that. But he was intrigued by her. She was still willing to listen despite knowing of his nature? Interesting...

"Oh. It's no weapon. Simply...a potion I've been working on to cure all aliments. So far it removes curses, heals poison. It even boosts one's strength for a little while."
He explained, waving his hands elegantly to emphasize certain qualities of the drink. But, he dropped his fingers and shrugged, half turning away.

"Ah, but like I said~ It's still experimental. I'm not all sure what side effects would be, if they would be negative or not. It will be a bother for you~"
He sighed, shaking his masked head.
"In any case I will be here if you need more supplies. Take care."
He turned back to his cart, continuing to prepare ingredients and liquids.

Of course, he lied. He knew the side effects. He had tailored this potion just for the side effects. While it did have the beneficial traits he had described....Well...there was more to it than that.

Fae by nature were driven, and wanted without abandon sometimes. They took peculiar risks, and sometimes their logic was cold and calculating, or totally non-existent. There were reasons humans had such a variety of violent and interesting myth about them, and typically only positively interacted among the lowest tier of fae. The faun saw potential gain here as well, as much as she knew something was wrong.

A panacea? He was obviously trying to draw her in...but if she could examine it, test it...whatever his ulterior motive was, because there was one for sure, it could be mitigated.
"I would be willing to test this panacea, I suppose. My troop moves soon, it wouldn't go amiss in the next battle."
Brave, motivated, so sure of herself. Focused on the gain and her ability, instead of the potential downfall.

Dangerous Genius

DarkRybrin

He was surprised she agreed, after the risk. Huh...still ever interesting. He smiled and turned back to the faun.

"Oh? Well, just be careful. I wouldn't want an overdose to be lethal."

His visible expression was harmless but he was really gleeful underneath his mask. It was too easy. But then again, most things were easy.

"Well then, here. This should be enough for you and your friends."

He handed over a box, smiling and giving a flourishing bow.

"Now take care, and good luck, my dear~"

He watched her go, her light fading from his keen eyes. Ah...The thing about that potion. It was very...addictive. If one was not careful, they would soon run out. And if anyone got hooked well...They would keep coming back for more. But only if they over indulged. Small amounts, over long periods was fine. But he was curious as to how long the faun would last. After all, she had more resistance to that than a normal human.

Yes. Perhaps gaining this creature's interest was not for the better. Once he sought something; he never stopped until he was able to claim it.

Dangerous Genius

iTentacle Raep used low heal against DarkRybrin...It was successful and healed 23 points of damage.

Loving Ram

76,550 Points
  • Wandering Ram 500
  • Champion 300
  • Wing Mastery 100
iTentacle Raep
He was surprised she agreed, after the risk. Huh...still ever interesting. He smiled and turned back to the faun.
"Oh? Well, just be careful. I wouldn't want an overdose to be lethal."
His visible expression was harmless but he was really gleeful underneath his mask. It was too easy. But then again, most things were easy.
"Well then, here. This should be enough for you and your friends."
He handed over a box, smiling and giving a flourishing bow.
"Now take care, and good luck, my dear~"

He watched her go, her light fading from his keen eyes. Ah...The thing about that potion. It was very...addictive. If one was not careful, they would soon run out. And if anyone got hooked well...They would keep coming back for more. But only if they over indulged. Small amounts, over long periods was fine. But he was curious as to how long the faun would last. After all, she had more resistance to that than a normal human.

Yes. Perhaps gaining this creature's interest was not for the better. Once he sought something; he never stopped until he was able to claim it.

The faun simply nodded agreeably, her piercing gaze removed from his person; probably the reason he could get that upbeat feeling at all. The box was filled with potions, all neatly held up in individual slots and tubes, clinking gently as she took it, glass against wood.
And away she went with the box, not asking how he would know the research would be fine...he said he would be close, after all, the stalker.
Back at camp that night, the potions were inspected. Composition? Unknown. Tested against blotting papers, on various plants and a caught animal...She stated clearly that it seemed a deranged chemist had been trying to help the war effort, but they couldn't be sure of the effect of these things. But that she had rid herself of the curse with the help of the same man. There was talk around a safe campfire that night, the area cleared and warm cooking safe once more, the wonderful smell of meat and a hearty fire in the air, a slight haze on that dry night from the smoke.

In the end, it was agreed that the vials were for emergencies, to be used as a last ditch boost; no one wanted to drink something they couldn't identify. The vials were not split evenly, as some people were more accepting of the idea, and some didn't want anything to do with it. The faun carried a couple herself, reasoning that if she needed to actually down one, it would be because the other possible outcome would be worse.

A few days passed, and the fighting only became more intense and bloody. The attacks more strategic, and devastating. Jack's forces were losing, all of the mystical and magical against the automatons of metal and circuitry. All was not lost yet, but for one particular unit...
Somewhere on that hideous, ill-lit, and foul field were three empty vials that the potion had been in. Most of her troop her dead, and if any survived, she didn't know where they were. She wasn't even trying to win...just get out alive with as many people as she could save, a barrage of missiles headed over the hill. They'd been counter-ambushed. War was like that. Most of her troop had been human. Humans died.

Faun were harder to kill. Magic wielded in one hand, sword in the other, power on her lips, the battlecleric moved for the cover of the forest, the rain that had returned keeping the fires from spreading too far. Even has she thought she saved someone here or there, they were ripped from her...she could not heal fast enough, and keep herself shielded. The result? She fled for a long time, through fire and rain and it felt as if it had been hours when she collapsed in a narrow, shallow stream. Her clothes were torn and bloodied, and there was definitely bullets in her side, plural. On her knees, she looked up and the sky that cried for the deaths suffered that day. Where to go from here?...the potions had helped. Let her fight longer, run farther...the high was waning and being sapped by the cold, though. Her magic depleted. Catching her breath, just sitting in the water, she glanced around in a dazed way for her next move, shelter perhaps.

Dashing Spark

49,375 Points
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
iTentacle Raep
"Oh my. So many customers arrived once I departed...Kuku. I see you all must be shy~"

The masked man smirks.

"I suppose I should get around to answering all of you."

TaibhseCait

The man smiles at you.

"Oh? I'm surprised it perked your interest. Most get frightened or embarrassed and simply....ignore this place~ But welcome. ;D"

Exactly, intriguing! Most times tentacles are used for ...uhhhh... nefarious uses, but I've never come across them used for healing!

Shy Spirit

Dangerous Genius

iTentacle Raep used high heal against llMetalGearll Levi...IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE! llMetalGearll Levi was healed for 70 points of damage.

Dangerous Genius

TaibhseCait

"Fufufu~ Well. Perhaps you aren't wrong with that statement about tentacles...but. I thought I might lend my...powers to a healing touch...rather than...a different kind. Hmn?"

He winks at you.

Dangerous Genius

llMetalGearll Levi

heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items