Eloquent Entrepreneur

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Elocutionist 200
teh real shawa
I never knew that. D:

forgotten_ghost
I appreciate Yilei's input.. there was a lot that I learned from that post. I did know what Noh was, but not quite that in depth.

biggrin Thanks. I'm glad you guys learned something out of it. If you know things that are that in depth though, it can bring another level of analyses to things. Like I said, I dunno if Die might've been purposefully referencing those supernatural beings or not (possibly no), but it might be fun to think about Dir en Grey and their music on another level in comparison to those visual "markers" in other forms of performance like Noh theatre. At least maybe you can keep it in mind one day for if you have a paper. 3nodding
forgotten_ghost
Orgasmic Generation
Violent Rain
Yilei
Further cultural note on the above: In Noh, the demonic form which has the red hair has the red hair because it rather blatantly embodies the passionate emotion (depending on the story, it could be rage, lust, etc.) that keeps the demon/sprit/soul from attaining Buddhist enlightenment by allowing it to remain obsessed with something in this "illusionary world". The amount of hair and the poof also embodies the amount of spiritual power the being has and also refers to passionate emotion because the hair is "disheveled" and not cleanly combed and straight.

Also, for Asians, when they're malnourished (and starving), their hair pigmentation actually naturally turns red. As a result, many Japanese hungry ghosts are also represented with red hair because there were times of famine where people did end up starving enough for their hair to turn red. If you think about it, this goes hand in hand with passionate emotion as the supernatural being "hungers" for something and has an insatiable rage, lust, etc.

If maybe Die was making a reference to the classical ghost and/or Noh reference of red hair I dunno, but most definitely the item more specifically refers to Noh representations of demons.

Yeah...I know, and I'm sure a lot of us know. Just take the fun out of it why dont u.

She's just correcting your fantard idiocy.

lol

I appreciate Yilei's input.. there was a lot that I learned from that post. I did know what Noh was, but not quite that in depth.

It was probably ment for good reasons, and if so, I apologize. But, seeing how everybody is stuck-up and no one just has fun anymore, I took offence.
Violent Rain
forgotten_ghost
Orgasmic Generation
Violent Rain
Yilei
Further cultural note on the above: In Noh, the demonic form which has the red hair has the red hair because it rather blatantly embodies the passionate emotion (depending on the story, it could be rage, lust, etc.) that keeps the demon/sprit/soul from attaining Buddhist enlightenment by allowing it to remain obsessed with something in this "illusionary world". The amount of hair and the poof also embodies the amount of spiritual power the being has and also refers to passionate emotion because the hair is "disheveled" and not cleanly combed and straight.

Also, for Asians, when they're malnourished (and starving), their hair pigmentation actually naturally turns red. As a result, many Japanese hungry ghosts are also represented with red hair because there were times of famine where people did end up starving enough for their hair to turn red. If you think about it, this goes hand in hand with passionate emotion as the supernatural being "hungers" for something and has an insatiable rage, lust, etc.

If maybe Die was making a reference to the classical ghost and/or Noh reference of red hair I dunno, but most definitely the item more specifically refers to Noh representations of demons.

Yeah...I know, and I'm sure a lot of us know. Just take the fun out of it why dont u.

lol

It was probably ment for good reasons, and if so, I apologize. But, seeing how everybody is stuck-up and no one just has fun anymore, I took offence.

O_O

You take offense at the gaining of new knowlege? I would never take offense to something as useful as that >.<
forgotten_ghost
Violent Rain
forgotten_ghost
Orgasmic Generation
Violent Rain
Yilei

lol

O_O

You take offense at the gaining of new knowlege? I would never take offense to something as useful as that >.<

emo I said I was sorry.
Is Zan a new video?

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
Orgasmic Generation
Violent Rain
Yilei

lol

I thought it was interesting. xD
hot buttered peas!
I need help decided what to do. I wanted to take my friend to see Dir En Grey in seattle. The issue is the seating, there is none, it's ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL gereral. AND they are playing with "The Fall of Troy" ... now, i HATE the Fall of Troy. I know them "r/l" and they are horrible people, with horrilbe fans. If we go, we would have to deal with them opening, standing, and dealing with moshers ... so we can't get close, and people doing drugs around us.
Lets hope The Fall of Troy doesnt make Dir En Grey heroin addicts =)

IMO, GA is much more fun. :]

Ifyoucansurviveallofthosemoshingmetalheads.
Violent Rain
Is Zan a new video?

uhm.

no. (:

Angelic Prophet

6,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
+-- an Injection
Violent Rain
Is Zan a new video?