Welcome to Gaia! ::

[racial.slur]
Like, a year ago, I had a dream where I went to a Dir en grey concert but they were all old men.
Toshiya was fat and bald @.@;;

Does anyone else think that the new MC is somewhat inspired by Die's past hair styles? Anyone?

it reminds me more of hide than anyone. x)
[racial.slur]
Like, a year ago, I had a dream where I went to a Dir en grey concert but they were all old men.
Toshiya was fat and bald @.@;;

Does anyone else think that the new MC is somewhat inspired by Die's past hair styles? Anyone?

ha, it does!

Ruthless Informer

FuzzyLarryTheLlama
Now that you mention it...the new hair style does look very die-ish...
Haven't you imbeciles ever heard of Noh?
User Image
User Image
User Image
The world doesn't revolve around your shitty taste in music.

Eloquent Entrepreneur

12,000 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Elocutionist 200
Further cultural note on the above: In Noh, the demonic form which has the red hair has the red hair because it rather blatantly embodies the passionate emotion (depending on the story, it could be rage, lust, etc.) that keeps the demon/sprit/soul from attaining Buddhist enlightenment by allowing it to remain obsessed with something in this "illusionary world". The amount of hair and the poof also embodies the amount of spiritual power the being has and also refers to passionate emotion because the hair is "disheveled" and not cleanly combed and straight.

Also, for Asians, when they're malnourished (and starving), their hair pigmentation actually naturally turns red. As a result, many Japanese hungry ghosts are also represented with red hair because there were times of famine where people did end up starving enough for their hair to turn red. If you think about it, this goes hand in hand with passionate emotion as the supernatural being "hungers" for something and has an insatiable rage, lust, etc.

If maybe Die was making a reference to the classical ghost and/or Noh reference of red hair I dunno, but most definitely the item more specifically refers to Noh representations of demons.
Even more simply, let's look at the name of the item: Yokai.

妖怪 【ようかい】 (n) ghost; apparition; phantom; spectre; specter; demon; monster; goblin; (P); EP

Yea, that sounds exactly like Die/hide/visual kei entertainer of the month... and nothing like the apparitions and demons represented in Noh (能楽).

ミ☆The more you knowミ☆

Angelic Prophet

6,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
Yilei
Further cultural note on the above: In Noh, the demonic form which has the red hair has the red hair because it rather blatantly embodies the passionate emotion (depending on the story, it could be rage, lust, etc.) that keeps the demon/sprit/soul from attaining Buddhist enlightenment by allowing it to remain obsessed with something in this "illusionary world". The amount of hair and the poof also embodies the amount of spiritual power the being has and also refers to passionate emotion because the hair is "disheveled" and not cleanly combed and straight.

Also, for Asians, when they're malnourished (and starving), their hair pigmentation actually naturally turns red. As a result, many Japanese hungry ghosts are also represented with red hair because there were times of famine where people did end up starving enough for their hair to turn red. If you think about it, this goes hand in hand with passionate emotion as the supernatural being "hungers" for something and has an insatiable rage, lust, etc.

If maybe Die was making a reference to the classical ghost and/or Noh reference of red hair I dunno, but most definitely the item more specifically refers to Noh representations of demons.

I never knew that. D:
I need help decided what to do. I wanted to take my friend to see Dir En Grey in seattle. The issue is the seating, there is none, it's ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL gereral. AND they are playing with "The Fall of Troy" ... now, i HATE the Fall of Troy. I know them "r/l" and they are horrible people, with horrilbe fans. If we go, we would have to deal with them opening, standing, and dealing with moshers ... so we can't get close, and people doing drugs around us.
Lets hope The Fall of Troy doesnt make Dir En Grey heroin addicts =)

i know nothing.'s Love Of My Life

hot buttered peas!
make? lol
Yilei

Yeah...I know, and I'm sure a lot of us know. Just take the fun out of it why dont u.
Violent Rain
Yilei

Yeah...I know, and I'm sure a lot of us know. Just take the fun out of it why dont u.

She's just correcting your fantard idiocy.

lol
i know everything
hot buttered peas!
make? lol

are they already? D: I'm not a fan, I just really wanted to take Arliss! Since we first meet she was a huge fan. I just knew the Fall of Troy for YEARS and really don't like the guys for many reasons smile
...AKWARD SILENCE TURTLE.

<3
Orgasmic Generation
Violent Rain
Yilei

She's just correcting your fantard idiocy.

lol

I appreciate Yilei's input.. there was a lot that I learned from that post. I did know what Noh was, but not quite that in depth.

Ruthless Informer

+-- an Injection

<3
HORRIFYING CAR CRASH GOAT?

neutral
Kaidan
+-- an Injection

<3
HORRIFYING CAR CRASH GOAT?

neutral