Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with akanemutt13

Magical Girl

For lazy ppl here is the PV that's out
Kukoku no Kyouon

Previews 1

Previews 2

IMO Really feeling like Kyo is forgetting this isn't Sukekyo, however the more "heavy" songs seem like they will prove to be the most Dir, we'll see on the full release though.

Magical Girl

~shalle~la~rilla~
the lyrics to this song are, as always, quite depressing.

Not surprised, it seems very anti-war, ever since Fukushima Dir is very anti stuff (government?) lol. I don't mind really, they're music is great and it's cool that they can express their opinions this way.

Magical Girl

Kaidan
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
I remember when I joined monthly collectibles were like 1k...
When I joined there were no monthly collectibles. I thought it was a stupid greedy idea back when...holy s**t, I had no idea.

It really is but this is a business

Magical Girl

defloweredmind
Just watched the album promo video/10 second teasers. I'm really curious what the lyrics are about considering the imagery. I don't really listen to much jrock or jpop anymore but I will always love Dir en Grey.

It's the fact that they're constantly evolving that always brings me back.

Magical Girl

~shalle~la~rilla~
Kaidan
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
I remember when I joined monthly collectibles were like 1k...
When I joined there were no monthly collectibles. I thought it was a stupid greedy idea back when...holy s**t, I had no idea.

I joined in 2004... my best friend and I used to take turns sending in five or ten dollars in cash by snail mail to get the collectibles every couple months. Good times. The pressure to spend cash back then was nothing compared to what it is now :/

They even have cash sales lol selling money for less.

Magical Girl

WraithRhionann
~shalle~la~rilla~
WraithRhionann
Finally something worth getting up early for.
]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbUQdj0CWZ8&feature=youtu.be

That was ******** beautiful.

As soon as the money hits my paypal I'm preordering it. No way can I wait on this one

BLUE SPEC!!!!

Magical Girl

Fiery Toaster Strudel
Idk guys. I want this album to be better than Sukekiyo's debut. But that's going to be hard.

It feels very Sukekiyo imo I want the heavier songs to shine through and show us what Dir en Grey is evolving into now.

But yeah Sukekiyo's debut was waaaaay too good for them to be a new band.

O.G. Rabbit

guyz i'm so upset diru isn't v-kei anymore cheese_whine

Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
It feels very Sukekiyo imo I want the heavier songs to shine through and show us what Dir en Grey is evolving into now.

based on the interviews I've seen & just stuff they've been saying in general, I think the newest Diru development or evolution is going to be more thematic than technical. they've always been dark, but this album, it seems, is going to be more self-aware as being dark? that's the feeling I'm getting.

it seems we always end up posting the same videos at around the same time XD

O.G. Rabbit

continuing thought:

it's very possible that Diru heard Sukekiyo's sound and decided to incorporate some of the same elements in ARCHE because let's be srs here, Sukekiyo = molto bene. I don't think the sound is all Kyo's doing.

Magical Girl

~shalle~la~rilla~
continuing thought:

it's very possible that Diru heard Sukekiyo's sound and decided to incorporate some of the same elements in ARCHE because let's be srs here, Sukekiyo = molto bene. I don't think the sound is all Kyo's doing.

This much is true, I don't know who writes the music now a days because way back it always said who did and then on Marrow I think it was only written by Dir, although I think all lyrics are Kyo

O.G. Rabbit

Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
~shalle~la~rilla~
continuing thought:

This much is true, I don't know who writes the music now a days because way back it always said who did and then on Marrow I think it was only written by Dir, although I think all lyrics are Kyo

all the lyrics are def. Kyo. You can still kinda tell who started the composition of which songs just based on how they've developed; IE Kaoru usually writes the longer ones, Toshiya's are always super bass heavy crazy.

I know Kyo said he'd never sing a song that he didn't write the lyrics for (or something equally Kyo-ish), but do you guys remember the Yukiya Kreis Project? XD

O.G. Rabbit

yet another adorable promo.

i know nothing.'s Love Of My Life

Kaidan
i know everything
I has boobies. biggrin

I miss my real mod powers sad But I just am not on Gaia enough to reclaim them.
It's a good thing I was never given power in this forum. And everyone knows it.

HI IKE! biggrin REUNION!

EDIT: Speaking of modding, who even cleans this place up anymore. Kinda pointless to have a band sticky if the threads it indexes are no longer post-in-able. RIP litle Pura thread. You were a bastion of light in this forsaken hole. :<
Go figure you post when I'm not on Gaia because I'm too busy cuddling IKN and her spawn. <3

No clue. It's been pretty sad how dirty it is. Self preservation doesn't let me scroll much through the forum.

i know nothing.'s Love Of My Life

ShinobiRedScarf
Ike and DanDan in here? My god, is the Diru thread now the last of the threads still active from back in our super active Gaia days?
It is all in your head. We aren't really here. You've died and are with the ghosts of Gaia past.

Magical Girl

~shalle~la~rilla~
Mazohyst_Kyo is D E A D
~shalle~la~rilla~
continuing thought:

all the lyrics are def. Kyo. You can still kinda tell who started the composition of which songs just based on how they've developed; IE Kaoru usually writes the longer ones, Toshiya's are always super bass heavy crazy.

I know Kyo said he'd never sing a song that he didn't write the lyrics for (or something equally Kyo-ish), but do you guys remember the Yukiya Kreis Project? XD

I think the more classic sounding ones if that's a term with Violins and s**t are Shinya and probably the pop happy songs which are rare now if anything are die.

the what prowhat?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces