Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluffy Prophet

PicotPrince

Wow, I just saw Makoto on Bjd collectasy, congratulations!

@ CannibalisticBeauty: how exciting! happy early birthday

@ The Furry Fuzzball: I bet you miss your girls, but I bet it's nice to focus on Sebastian, right?
@Finlet I`m happy that you like him smile

Barraka1987's Princess

Fuzzy Friend

15,425 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
Finlet

@ The Furry Fuzzball: I bet you miss your girls, but I bet it's nice to focus on Sebastian, right?

Yes I Do Indeed. And Yus, It Really Is! Right Now, Im Working On A Cosplay For Him! Im So Excited! Its My Second Ever Cosplay!
^w^
ahalfling
That sucks fuzzball, btw I love your avie!

Awws! Really? Thanks! I Just Love Simplicity!
Suko_Elric
The Furry Fuzzball
I Think Sebastian Would Like That~
*grins while evily giggling*
lol
Yeah, At The Moment I Only Have Sebastian Since Im At My Parents. Well, Both My Husbaand And I Are. BUT. I Dont Have The Girls With Me Too.
:C
Poor Sebastian....
XD

I think he'll be happy since he gets to be with you!
aha, Too True, Too True!

Blessed Explorer

5,375 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
My pretty kitty boy is home safe and sound! User Image

Barraka1987's Princess

Fuzzy Friend

15,425 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
ahalfling
My pretty kitty boy is home safe and sound! User Image
Oh! Me-OOOOW~
(LOL)
I Love Him! Hes Absolutely Adorable!

Blessed Explorer

5,375 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Thank you! hehe I'm so pleased with how he turned out. I love Fins work, she's done three of my dolls and it's been love every time!

Undead Witch

13,950 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
I've still got a minifee Risse for sale, and a modded Chloe! If anyone is interested
I've never considered collecting anything other than Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards, but lately have considerd collecting both BJD's and my little pony. So out of curiousity whats the best way to go about starting a BJD collection?

Obsessive Cultist

Inamatus Requiem
I've never considered collecting anything other than Yu-Gi-Oh! Cards, but lately have considerd collecting both BJD's and my little pony. So out of curiousity whats the best way to go about starting a BJD collection?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

But no really, have you found any companies you might be interested in yet? Because I'd say first you gotta find out what style you like best. More realistic, more anime? How tall? What's your price limit? Do you want a doll that's already finished with outfit, wig, eyes etc. from the company, or do you want to customize completely yourself? etc. etc. etc.
It's mostly a lot of browsing at first imho.

Barraka1987's Princess

Fuzzy Friend

15,425 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Generous 100
  • Newbie Helper 100
Inamatus Requiem
Personaly, I Started With The 27cm Obitsu Dollfie, Which Is Peg Jointed And Made Of Acrylic Then Moved Up To A 1/4 Resin BJD AOD(angel of dream) Brand.
now if your looking for a nicely jointed, well posing, low priced, lovely sculpted female, id personly suggest a MA.(Magical Angel)
They Are My Favorites.
Inamatus Requiem

I second the Magical Angel suggestion! They are excellent posers, the company is really nice, and they're cheaper than a lot of companies with dolls that pose just as well!
As far as clothes, I made the vast majority of Mitsuko's clothes myself. It's fun, and there is a massive sense of pride that you get from having your doll wear something that you made!
I usually browse eBay for eyes and wigs, but I found a site that sells blank eyes (you put the iris in by either painting it or printing out an iris that you like and putting it in the eye) on pupapa.com. They're super cool and super cheap (It's like $1.50 a pair and $5 shipping)!
You can also look in thrift stores to find fabric (clothes that you can cut patterns out of) or possibly dollie accessories and such.

Fashionable Gaian

Don't forget abut dealers, they can save you money on shipping and offer layaway options for those with tight budget. Even some companies have a layaway options. That is how I get my doll is through layaways cause I can not afford them in one lump sum.

Speaking of dolls, my DZ crew are coming home after waiting 6 months I predicted I would get them in October, and my prediction came true heart So excited!!!

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Inamatus Requiem

Research and money, definitely! Some people like to buy more affordable, cost efficient dolls. Some people don't care on price and buy whatever mold they fall in love with. There's tons of doll companies you can look into! Some will spend more money on teh dolls but like to go cheaper on accessories [eyes, wigs, clothing], to save them in the long run. Many budget dolls-- only one a year, etc.

So yes, it definitely stems off with what are you looking for? Do you want resin? Or would you rather have a type of vinyl doll [anime style dollfie dreams?] Theres also resin anime looking dolls.

You can get more realistic looking dolls from places like Iplehouse here Which are very popular

Can find a sort of mixture at places like Volks

There are tons of companies to chose from!

If you would rather go for a cheaper doll to begin with, you have great companies like
5stardoll
Resinsoul

Moderate companies like
Doll leaves
Luts
Fairyland

or slightly more expensive companies like
Soom
Doll- chateau

All companies, though, have their expensive and non-expensive...

Size is a big factor, too. What would you rather have, and what do you have room for? There are dolls that could be no longer than your index finger, and some could stand higher than your waist. It's hard to really know what size you're most comfortable with till you own them, I believe.

Personally, I like my SDs-- Which are a 63CM doll. They're more expensive for the most part, and are hard to make room for sometimes, but I like the handle on them.

My MSD, which stand at about 42cm are my second favorite though. I have more of them because they're definitely more affordable. I feel as though I can do more with them. Sewing and finding outfits to fit them is relatively easy. And most companies make dolls this size.

There are also Yo-sd size which.. is a large range from what I realized of under 30cm. They're a great size too, but can sometimes be just as expensive as MSDs.

So again--research research~ Any questions, we're here. And happy to help and share.
Dollie spam of my lovely little princess!
User Image

And my first face up!
User Image
It's not the best, but I like it...

Obsessive Tactician

18,250 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
Inamatus Requiem

If you really like My little pony and teh BJD's there is a 3d printer artist who makes ball jointed ponies. https://www.facebook.com/silverbeamdolls I know the artist personally and I happen to own one of her dolls. You could also look at Sweet Dolls. The owner and creator of them is a girl named Kiki. Both of the artists are wonderful women.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff