Welcome to Gaia! ::

Eludya- Yes, they are enviro! IDK how you didn't notice. razz Though they do tend to be a little less waxy than some enviro dolls. I know I much prefer enviro, if I could have every one of my dolls in enviro resin, I totally would!

RS pix are awful! And I don't know WHY they don't get a better photographer. Their dolls are pretty popular already, but I think that would really help and probably tone down a lot of the RS hate out there. Bobobie too. Like....when I had only seen company pix of BBB Tiah, I thought she was just the ugliest thing ever! But then somebody had bought one, gave her a new faceup, good wig, dressed her up....I didn't even recognize the sculpt. She was really cute! I couldn't believe it was the same doll at first. And that's also how I ended up with Maddy. company pix...meh.....but after seeing better pix, I really liked her and all her weirdness. lol and she's STILL the only girl I've been able to bond with.

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Peh. I went to Hobby Lobby for magnets for Rens horns.. [halloween costume]
Forgot my phone, so didn't have my coupon.
Asked if I could run in in an hour with my phone to do an adjustment, since I can come right before work. [and not have to shop around the store again.]
And the manager got pissy with me and said "You have to have your coupon WHEN you're making the PURCHASE. Otherwise you're out of luck."

Returned the items right then and there. I'll buy them from somewhere else. I work retail and asked an innocent question. No reason to get pissed off at me for just asking.

Fluffy Prophet

XFateX

I don't know if Kouj will end up having a halloween costume, since I've been slacking now with Kai's [Rens is just about finished. Just gotta add a few odds and ends, and play with some scuply for horns. >w< ]

So if you want to keep him a little longer or can't get him done, it's all good.

I guess we'll see how it goes.. I plan to get right to work when he arrives.
I guess it depends on if I need to do more than one attempt on his faceup or get it right the first time.

Edit: I'm annoyed that my compressor isn't here yet, it was supposed to be ><
XFateX
Peh. I went to Hobby Lobby for magnets for Rens horns.. [halloween costume]
Forgot my phone, so didn't have my coupon.
Asked if I could run in in an hour with my phone to do an adjustment, since I can come right before work. [and not have to shop around the store again.]
And the manager got pissy with me and said "You have to have your coupon WHEN you're making the PURCHASE. Otherwise you're out of luck."

Returned the items right then and there. I'll buy them from somewhere else. I work retail and asked an innocent question. No reason to get pissed off at me for just asking.

OMG....that's just nasty for no reason. I worked retail, as management, for 7 years.....and sometimes, it IS against policy to do an adjustment later (one store where I worked couldn't give cash refunds at all), but they could have at least been nice about it. Something like "No, I'm really sorry, but that's not something we can do."

I personally can't stand Hobby Lobby. I like a lot of their stuff and they have good sales, but I think their priorities are often not in the right places.

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
@Fate - That is terribly rude. Heck, my store that's even something we tell customers is okay when they suddenly discover they lost their coupon, we tell them "Just come back in the next day or two with it and we can adjust it", or "Come back with your person who's got a military ID in a day or two and we'll get you the discount for it." Only recently did we manage to get the ability to just refund the difference, so previously it was completely refund-rebill a receipt, but you still don't act like that towards someone even if your policy says you can't do an adjustment.

Guys.

It's here.

User Image

And more importantly: it's TWO boxes. I may have done a happy dance in the driveway for the post lady.

Edit: I just noticed the box says "MR DOOK" and all I can think of is ferrets. YAY FUZZLESFEAZELS.

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

Whoops, disappeared. >_> Not going to catch up completely, but I will comment on a few things!

Good news: I joined both of the 2079 Realms GOs! xD I plan to never buy shoes again after this... LOL.

And even better news: my boyfriend got an interview outside Seattle with Microsoft! <3 I'm hoping to go with him, his interviews will be all day on November 16th so I'll have nothing to do. xD If anyone here lives around Seattle... come meet me? ;D

@Eludya; OMG how unexpected!!! I can't believe she's finally home! Major pic spam needed. <3

@Fin; Woo, 'grats on the airbrush arriving, hope the compressor gets there soon! I'm sure Illyana's tattoos will come out better than ever. I think you should do something very similar with a bit of a different spin so that if it doesn't come out exactly the same you'll still be happy with it. ^^

@Cressida; Ohhh, are you going to dress your new girl as a Kirschwasser? :'3 <3 I really feel like I've seen a wig like that somewhere, but I didn't see anything on FMD or Leeke... I will let you know if I do happen upon anything.

@Neko; Aw, I love that photo you posted of Joulliette and Claudious, they look so relaxed. x3 The little books are amazing!
I don't want to flatter Promith too much by saying he looks good. >_> I'm sure he knows it. I think Kle is one of my favourites of yours, he just looks like such a sweetie. x3

Aaaaand spam time!
Eliza looks wayyyyy too cute with Sol. I have a whole gallery thread of them too, there's way more cuteness in there. x3
User Image

I also put some children's angel costume wings on Sol, and my boyfriend says he looks like a Christmas angel now. xD

User Image

37,975 Points
  • Alchemy Level 8 100
  • Team Josie 25
  • Super Jumper 500
@ Saffron Blehckchah: I want to. I had another Xenosaga fan said she looks like one. I'm more concern about the hair color then style. I can get a long wig and style it if I have to. I remember a company that sells muddy white wigs. Just can't remember who.

Anyways, I am going to name this little one Frailty.

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
DOLLY SPAM. I don't know if I'm going to upload the video. Let's be frank, I dislike looking at myself. But I will see if there's good parts, I will probably grab some editing software and cut out parts, like when I discovered thanks to Mum that it wasn't like anyone could see what was going on for a while. >_<

User Image
Taruun's bed! Which I did not take the whole way out of the box because I didn't want to mess up the packing, but I tucked her other stuff under the cushions.

WOW I THOUGHT I TOOK A PICTURE OF THE DUMMY DOLL, BUT GUESS WHO'S THE DUMMY NOW. ... Yeah they sent me a dummy doll. I wasn't expecting that.

User Image
The rest of the STUFF.

User Image
This wig is gorgeous and I'm glad I let them pick, basically. I think it's more of a dark brown than straight black, or at least it's a black with reddish-brown tones. And it's very straight, meaning I can probably mess with it if I feel like it. And taming strays has been as easy as running my hand through it a bit, unlike that LUTs wig that running my hand through it messes it up more >_< I still haven't tried it on her yet.

User Image
Ha, guess I didn't need to order her underwear! Mwahaha I thought it was a swimsuit when I first saw it, but hey, extra undies are good.

User Image
Reminds me of falling down the stairs... I like how they wrapped up her knees and elbows to prevent the joints from moving a ton in transit.

User Image
And now for the moment you've all been waiting for, a FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE.

User Image
BUT WITH PURPLE EYES INSTEAD.

User Image
Standing after I attach the head, which was a scary venture in itself, BUT I DID IT DARN IT. But yes, standing basically right out of the box.

User Image
Taruuuuuuun It fits! But I think maybe it could have had a little more fabric around the chest. It could be her undies that are making it fit funny though.

So if anyone's got an opinion on names, here's what I'm considering:
A) Sabine (Sa-bee-na) - was my name from German class in high school. I'm fond of it.
B) Lorelei - like the siren on the Rhein River
C) Georgina Mary Mercy ... it's a family name. Debating just Mary Mercy too.
D) Ellen Elizabeth Mihaila or just Mihaila - also a family name
E) Nesta - Family name going back to a Welsh Queen, yes Mother can prove it.
F) Beauflamme - I'm not... fond of this one, but it's Mother's suggestion. I just don't see "Beautiful Flame" for this one. Maybe one of the other sculpts I have on my list, but not this one. Buut it's another family name.

Fluffy Prophet

@ Eludya: congratulations! I adore DM. I like Sabine for her.

@ Lady cressida: gorgeous name! is this the wig? jpopdolls

@ Saffron: I love seeing Sol, he's so beautiful. I used to live in Seattle, if you can handle overcast weather, it's a wonderful place to live!

Fluffy Prophet

XFateX

He's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and he's so cute.
I wasn't kidding when I said I'd get right to it, I already cleaned him and coated him once.

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Finlet
XFateX

He's here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and he's so cute.
I wasn't kidding when I said I'd get right to it, I already cleaned him and coated him once.

Yaaaay! Hope you're enjoying him so far. >w< Play all you want~
You should put him on Heidi's body. Everyone says Kouji makes an ugly girl.. xDD Iwonder if it's his body form. l3

Eludya: Yaaay! She's so beautiful. >w< Can' wait till she's all put together and painted, too!

Fluffy Prophet

I could try him on a Dollmore kid body, that's less curvaceous.

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

No, I mena giving him curves. xD See if the female body makes him pretty.
I'm just throwing it out there, sinceI think it's funny.
I'll have a luts girl body eventually I can play around with.
[sadly not November like I hoped! But .. now that I'm getting hours, I'm hoping February! -crosses fingers-]
Eludya- Congrats!!!! That's so exciting! I can't wait to meet her in person! biggrin aaaaand....I want to see the Dummy doll. They make them look SO creepy on the site...but I think they're funny little guys! And I am convinced the DM bedding is actually pet bedding. I have a set of the bedding for Mikko and Amir and the tag says Mr Dook and has a pawprint on it. lol but hey, size is perfect and it's great quality!

In other news, Atticus's hands got here today. OMG, Soom hands are pretty! I've never worked on fantasy hands before

Sparkly Genius

@Elu - Yay your first box opening! Congrats! I thought it was just the faceup that made her look slightly upset, but I can see now with the blank pics that her brows are sculpted that way as well. She looks lovely dressed up in that kimono and wig! Are you pleased?
Please post the video! I like to see what you guys look like >__<
In terms of your name suggestions, I like Sabine.

@Saf - Shoes yay! Congrats on Kay getting an interview, enjoy a Seattle adventure! Aww Sol the Christmas angel - love it!

@Fate - Aww yay Kouji's new faceup is started! I will be happy to see more of him again once that is done. In terms of the Bory sculpt, I think it just looks better as a boy. I'm not huge on any Bory girls.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff