Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
... nnngggh I wish I could join the swap, but since I haven't even ordered her yet... Yeah. >_<

So I was going to link you guys to my commission, but Fleacollar's already paid for it, soooooo to Photobucket!

So what she told me was that she wanted a belt and headpiece in gold color, and the doll had 28 inch hips and she definitely wanted it to have a good long drape on the belt, and she liked the Helm chain weave for the belt and I could do what I wanted with the headpiece. Well, I honestly couldn't think of doing something that didn't match on the headpiece, but instead of making it a forced size since she said it was a 22cm head but she didn't know how much the wig adds, I left the ends open and she's going to put some ribbon that matches the dress color through the ends of it so it can be either a coronet type headpiece or a hair-band, depending what they want to do.

User Image
That's the belt, it's 37cm not including the hook and the dangle piece.

User Image
And that's the helm, made from a smaller wire that unfortunately is a slightly different color.

And now, to make a packing slip, turn off my computer so it stops heating my room up more, and then go make the packaging for this so I can mail it on my ... oh wait tomorrow's Independence day... Well, Thursday I hope then. ... 7-3, should still be able to hit the post office on the way back from work.

Edit: sonnovabi.... dad said we're out of printer paper. Asked me specifically if I expected to have to print anything.

I swear karma is laughing so freakin' hard at me right now.

Fluffy Prophet

@ Pug: I'm starting to think DoD resin is immortal, he hasn't aged from what I can tell!
@ Eludya: you could get something for the future in the swap, I had tons of clothes for Arlette before I ordered her. also, that is a gorgeous belt/headpiece
@ Fearmy: my daughter sold her BBB March because slim yosd was just way too small for any of us. I was scared Piper wouldn't suit me, at 30cm tall, but since she's fat and chunky she has turned out to be a perfect size for me. I wanted a doll that could travel well. I think my perfect size is somewhere between SD and msd. like a zaoll or Vito

Sparkly Genius

@Pug - Yay, Happy Birthday Nao~ You got another cute little cake smile

@Yuki - It can be really hard to tell the size of dolls based on pictures alone. The only good way to understand is to see them in person. I will go on a rampage tomorrow and take some photos that might help you decide about a yo-sd.
Realpuki is soooo itty bitty. I would be scared to lose the tiny magnetic parts! The girl who this realpuki belongs to had its outfits custom made by Spampy on DoA. She also had one of those teeny DZ babies that had a custom outfit too.
User Image

@Elu - So pretty! Your wireworking skills are awesome. I love the little blue stone piece on the belt. You could join the swap and have something made for your future doll. smile

Sparkly Genius

I didn't have much going on at work today so I was pretty much thinking about dolls and walking around in circles all night (as well as blowing my nose and sneezing constantly due to this irritating cold I have come down with as of yesterday).
Soooo
I came up with a new story for Max.
I decided I am going to keep his name (for now at least) but this is it:
I decided to go literal on this one and make Max a mechanical doll created by Maddy using her mad science skillz (which is funny because Maddy has absolutely no artistic ability when it comes to drawing, however I guess now she knows how to sculpt) in her likeness. She couldn't get it exactly right, so she added some differences here and there, like pointed ears to make him more cute, and a pointed nose to make him more anime-like. She also decided not to make him anatomically correct just to make a statement (and because she couldn't get that quite right, either). At present, he is unable to talk as no voice mechanism has been installed. He is very shy and mostly hides from others behind Maddy. He likes to test the limits of his doll body by trying out many different poses and balances, but is embarrassed when caught doing so. Maddy sort of treats him like a pet and insists on dressing him up in different character outfits, forcing Nora to sew them for her when she is bored.
What do you think?

Also, BJD photo of the month will be back starting tomorrow! Stay tuned for details...

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

I think it sounds fun. And definitley a great story to go out with testing different looks for him, too! You never know what MAx will be dressed in! Haha.

[And then Spore ponders 'Is this how I came to be?' xDD]

Huzzah for BJD of th emonth!

Sparkly Genius

XFateX
I think it sounds fun. And definitley a great story to go out with testing different looks for him, too! You never know what MAx will be dressed in! Haha.

[And then Spore ponders 'Is this how I came to be?' xDD]

Huzzah for BJD of th emonth!

lol yeah I bet Spore also considered that he was made by Maddy, even though that is clearly impossible.
I actually made up a reason for why Spore is named Spore, I still need to write it out. It's a little silly =D

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Ohhh Spore. >w<
What do you write that's not a little silly? Hah!

Man. I'm SO freaking mad.
Pocahontas came out today.. and I preordered/ordered the movie with disney move club.
Figured it would be out by street date. Today is the 3rd, so it should have been here by today. since now it's on sale.
It takes 10 days to get here from the day we get shipping notice.
Today was day 11
and now tomorrow's the 4th, so.. no mail.
UGH. I'm so mad ~.~ I wanted to watch it tonight!

Sparkly Genius

XFateX
Ohhh Spore. >w<
What do you write that's not a little silly? Hah!

Man. I'm SO freaking mad.
Pocahontas came out today.. and I preordered/ordered the movie with disney move club.
Figured it would be out by street date. Today is the 3rd, so it should have been here by today. since now it's on sale.
It takes 10 days to get here from the day we get shipping notice.
Today was day 11
and now tomorrow's the 4th, so.. no mail.
UGH. I'm so mad ~.~ I wanted to watch it tonight!

Aww we could watch it on VHS at my house XD

(and true, everything I write is sorta nonsense)

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

I have the VHS, actually
which I didn't know about till like.. 1 month ago. xD My sister never told me! And she knew I was dying to watch it x.x;
But I don't have a tape player in my room.. and I'm ready to get cozy in bed.

Sparkly Genius

ATTENTION BJD FANS

BJD photo of the month is back with a bang, and I hope you will all participate!
It is time to test the versatility of your sculpt with this month's theme of Gender Bender.
We are all quite familiar with most of your dolls and the typical style you dress them in. Now it is time for you to dress them up in a way that convices us that they are the opposite gender than the one you normally associate you doll with. Be sure to post both a before and after shot that looks something like this:

User Image

At the end of the month, your fellow BJD Discussion thread members will vote on the most drastic and convincing transformation!
Prizes:
50k Gaia Gold
OR
a custom designed dolly care package including clothing and accessories courtesy of SporeXP and BJDBasics (must be willing to give out address)

May the best (cross) dressed win~

(also sorry, my photobucket is taking forever to resize my photos today so my pics are spamming up the place D= )

ALSO, I updated the first and second posts (man, it's been a while) with the swap information provided by Fate, and this information for the photo contest. yay.

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

Oh lordie. I have ideas already. xD

iymcool's Wife

Quotable Lunatic

-too lazy to edit-
But it'll be pretty difficult, since I don't have a lovely lady to work/steal items from.

Sparkly Genius

XFateX
-too lazy to edit-
But it'll be pretty difficult, since I don't have a lovely lady to work/steal items from.

You can do it! I'm excited.
I was thinking of making a dress to awkwardly put Spore in but I got too lazy and just used items I already had laying around. I think Maddy makes an adorable little boy ha ha.
I like the gender bender contest idea biggrin Might do it if I have enough time.

@Pug: Happy birthday handsome Nao <3

Lati has Wizard of Oz theme on right now, I'm really tempted by Dorothy.
link
She's so cute! But I'm saving up for a DSLR instead and don't really want to do both. I don't know what to do. ಠ_ಠ Maybe I'll just keep saving and hope they release Sopie as a basic sculpt.

I'm giving everyone new faceups besides one, I can't wait.
Random Viera spam as a farewell to his faceup XD
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

edit: tried my hand at that tinierme thing for seele http://dreamself.me/d/gNLG

Sparkly Genius

@Bishie - D'aww, Sopie is a cutie pie. It would be nice of Lati to release her as a basic.
Yay, Viera! He is my fave of your dolls, please spam him more. I already love his current faceup, good luck with the new ones!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff