Welcome to Gaia! ::

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

Oh, thanks for letting me know! I don't keep up with Iple enough so I hadn't noticed they were released as basics. x3 I'm a bit torn between one of them or Spiritdoll Daffodil for the character I'm thinking of. I don't know whether to portray her as her young rambunctious self, or her older depressed self.
Since I haven't posted here in a while I guess a brief introduction is in order!

So hello! I usually go by the name Smayocat on many sites and use it in a variety of different places. I am male despite my avatar and own five girls, of varying sizes and differing companies!

My five girls (ordered from when I got them):

Lieselotte - Dollmore Model Doll Ipsae Monahan
Marion - Luts Kid Delf Darae
Adelaide - Peakswoods FoC Wake-up Lottie

And I got these two at the same time so can't put them in the order!
Ariella - Luts SDF Mia
Still has no name after four months - Luts Honey Delf Choux

I don't really have any story for any of them or background, besides the fact that Marion is a spoiled pwiffle princess (and my favourite). I do plan on getting a second Darae in the future so I can have crazy twin action for pictures (and also so Marion can have an evil[er] twin)

If anyone wants to see any of them though just ask and I'll post pictures. I don't want to shove dolls into people's faces off the bat and be all like "LOVE THEM (or I will hurt you)"

-edit-

Figured I'd also add the fact that I am a Dollheart addict. I walk into the store and I leave with a sense of regret in my wallet, and joy since I know my girls will spare my life for another couple days or so.

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

@Akise; Welcome back! ^.^ Oh man, your family sounds gorgeous. ;____; Choux is my second favourite HDF (I want a Choco myself xD) and Peakswoods dolls are ALL beautiful so I can only imagine your Lottie. >w< <3
(Requesting pic spam. xD)
LOL twin action. ;D I hope you get another Darae! She's a cutie.
Also... Dollheart is both a wonderful and terrible thing to be addicted to. xDD

Ishtear's Wife

Angelic Gatekeeper

17,375 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Welcome Akise. I'd love to see your dolls. I've admired Darae from afar, she's very pretty. I like Dollheart as well but I cant afford it. Although, that might be a good thing because I feel that my Soa would be very fussy about wearing such detailed clothing.
@Saffron I've been pretty terrible about taking pictures of all my dolls recently besides my Darae. My Choux has a completely new look from what she was in when I first got her but I haven't taken fun filled pictures :X

User Image

Here is the choux riding a duck

User Image

Here is how she looks currently. Blue eyes and natural black straight wig!

User Image
Her pwifflest of all princesses Marion (who got 103 photos of her taken two days ago)

User Image

Adelaide, who has been in a different outfit since January but there is no documentation on my end because I am a horrible owner.

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

Hehe, it's not your fault that Marion steals the spotlight. >.> She's killing me with her cute little smile! <3
LOL riding a duck. xD She looks so different now! The black hair / blue eyes combination actually really suits her. Though I do like that cute little dress she was wearing before.
Adelaide's beautiful. <33 PW default faceups are just so pretty!
All I know is that I want a lot of Daraes. I am female Darae obsessed. :X

-edit- Had to emphasize a point.

Ishtear's Wife

Angelic Gatekeeper

17,375 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Woo! I love to see new faces in this thread. Your dolls are amazing Akise. I love the picture with the ducks!! Your Marion is so cute.

Sometimes, I feel like we need more hunks around here >.>.
@Stok I can't really bring myself to buy a male bjd. If I ever did I'd probably do the whole mini-me type thing though. Get him in a dress shirt and tie. And also a mini hat made out of kangaroo fur like I wear all the time just to add that extra layer of obnoxious that I possess. But that would probably be way down the line since I am pining for another Darae and a SOOM Rosette. (And a Lusion Dahlia but thats waaaay down the road too)

Spore XP's Compadre

Advanced Loiterer

@Akise; You have great taste. xD I don't think I'll have a Dahlia simply for her size, but I wish for a Rosette. <3 When they had the free choice event, it killed me. I love Violet and Fir.

Ishtear's Wife

Angelic Gatekeeper

17,375 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I don't own any male dolls myself, but I want one. I love the Soom Rosettes. Their bodies are quite unique and the sculpts are very elegant. We actually have quite a few male bjd owners in this thread I just think we see more female dolls than male dolls, but I could be wrong about that.
Yeah, I got into Rosettes when someone in my doll group brought them in... and now I want a violet so i can turn her into a mature looking Darae... mwuahahahahah

Tipsy Dabbler

6,000 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hello Akise! Your girls are lovely! I know what you mean about male dolls though, even now, despite my being in on a group order for a custom head that's going to definitely be male... I'm hesitant. When I was planning to get him a body before anything else, I was tormented, flip-flopping, etc... Now I'm just going to settle for waiting until I have the head and see what he tells me, and get the SD girl that was the reason I gave the hobby a second glance. My sister has four male dolls and one female, but personally I don't know if I'll even enjoy one male, much less want others!

.... okay, no, I'll be happy with Morningstar, I know I will. I just don't think I'll want anyone else male.

@Finlet - Best of luck with finding a new shell for Eithine! If you're not entirely happy, there's no reason you can't fix it, and Saffron is right: Especially since you're keeping the head, it's nothing you can't undo.

Don't you guys hate it when you have a complete brain fart? I had a really good discussion topic earlier. I know it had something to do with the cost of dolls and people's views on the hobby... Like, I had come up with a weird connection, but then Dad told me there was a baby mole on the driveway so I had to go out and look at it, of course. SO CUTE. .. Um, but I forgot what my thought was. I am such a space case sometimes. crying I know there was something relating the prices of the dolls to something else, but I don't remember what the something else was, but it was something distinct and tangible that people would like, mentally compare the dolls to, subconsciously, and that would flavor their attitude towards the dolls themselves.

Man, I thought it was a good enough idea I was gonna make a discussion topic on DoA too.

@Stokiaci - I'm not changing my mind again! I will get the dollmore girl first! Not getting a body for a head I don't have a size comparison with >_< So, no male doll from me for a year or so at least I'm sure...

Fluffy Prophet

I love Fir, Andreja did a faceup on one recently. It was sooo pretty.
I think Rosette dolls look great in full skirts. It balances the thinness

Ishtear's Wife

Angelic Gatekeeper

17,375 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Ohh man I get so excited over everyone's doll plans. I love this thread so much and everyone here is so awesome!!

I didn't realize Violet looked like Darae. That's awesome though. In the past, I've thought about finding an sd version for my Soa but..I think she's perfect as she is. I have been flirting with the idea of a second head for Soa to portray Cassie. She's Soa's other personality..and there are difference in the way they dress and act..so...hmm. I'm not sure yet though. Iplehouse doesn't sell their heads separately so I would have to buy the head secondhand..and I'd have to go through the trouble of getting a DoA account..decisions decisions..

So, I did a mock order with Daniel and everything that I'll be ordering..and wow..It's expensive. I'm looking at a $750 dollar order..that's with shipping included. Yeah will definitely be a long wait before I get him. It's a huge order that includes 3 outfits for Daniel, a wig some shoes and 2 outfits for Soa plus a new wig for her and some leggings. I'm insane, but I love it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff