Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi 1977
I say people should be able to say what's in their heart and not have to worry about being sued. I like to say "Merry Christmas". I like how it makes me feel. "Happy Holidays" leaves a bitter aftertaste in my mouth. It's just how I was brought up. When I was a child, everyone said "Merry Christmas". It was only with the 90s and the advent of political correctness that that all changed.

I don't think there should be any laws or policies about what people say. No one should have to worry about being fired or sued for saying "Merry Christmas". Those who don't like it need to realize that this nation is 85 - 90% Christian and just get over it.

How about... no. We don't have a national religion. I refuse to wish that someone has a merry holiday that they don't even celebrate. If I know someone celebrates Christmas, I will wish them a merry one. Otherwise, I recognize that there is religious diversity in this country.

Then again, I don't think people should get sued for saying Merry Christmas either. If they want to be presumptuous that everyone they meet is the exact same as them, so be it. But I'm not going to pander to the whatever percentage of Americans that will think less of me because I say "happy holidays."
I'm liberal, athiest (but religiously aware), and terribly afraid of the Christian Right. They threaten to assassinate Hugo Chaves (sp?!). They MURDERED JOHN!!! crying And they tried to convert my entire PUBLIC SCHOOL 4th grade classroom by asigning a teacher who forced us to listen to stories about Christ and pray before we were dismissed from lunch. He gave me an F on my math paper because I had drawn a picture of Harry Potter in the bottom corner. We could have sued that school.....instead, I just walk out whenever a teacher decides that we would learn more from...THE VEGGIE TALES!! gonk :shudder:
Ahh, the 'war on Christmas'? I've heard a lot about that. Our school is religiously intolerent, and they give us candy canes that have messages about how they symbolize Christ the Savior. I'm personally revolted. I've gone through enough of this! Religion seldom does anyone ANY good if they become fundamentalist creeps.

5,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Shinobi 1977
I say people should be able to say what's in their heart and not have to worry about being sued. I like to say "Merry Christmas". I like how it makes me feel. "Happy Holidays" leaves a bitter aftertaste in my mouth. It's just how I was brought up. When I was a child, everyone said "Merry Christmas". It was only with the 90s and the advent of political correctness that that all changed.

I don't think there should be any laws or policies about what people say. No one should have to worry about being fired or sued for saying "Merry Christmas". Those who don't like it need to realize that this nation is 85 - 90% Christian and just get over it.

Does "Happy Hannukah" Or "Merry Ramadan" leave a bitter taste in your mouth, too?

4,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Akureii
I understand how it's all different Holidays in the US, but it gets much when a WalMart worker gets fired for saying "Merry Christmas" and when Christmas Trees and Christmas Decorations are refered to as "Holiday Trees" and "Holiday Decorations". They are specifically CHRISTMAS so why should we change it that much? Ah well, we'll all be a better generation than our parents...I'm very sure. We'll just have to fix what they messed up.

I agree! I'm sick of these pricks who get offeneded because I celebrate my holiday and try to spread the JOY. I'm not trying to turn everyone christian, I'm just wishing them joy and good things to come etc. etc.

What's scary is that it's not only our parent's generation. I fear for the future.

Know what? I'm offended that some twats won't let me celebrate my religion and it's holiday. At my school, we decorated for Diwali (a pretty cool Indian holiday! I had a lot of fun learning about it!) and yet, they don't put the traditional christmas tree and Menorah up. And God forbid you mention Christmas because all the atheist pricks in the school go crazy. And yes, in my school, it is the atheist.

Go ahead and believe, or don't believe, in whatever you want, but let me celebrate my Christmas. And it really is the liberals. The FAR left liberals who, when I hear them argue their side of it, sound really illogical and just...stupid (excuse my lack of a better term).
Liberals arent trying to get rid of Christmas, they're trying to further seperate the church and state. Thus they're tying to push for "political correctness"

4,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Jelloish
Shinobi 1977

Does "Happy Hannukah" Or "Merry Ramadan" leave a bitter taste in your mouth, too?

That's not what they meant. I think they meant that smushing all those holidays together into one term just takes away from the meaning of it all.

4,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
deepxmagic
I'm liberal, athiest (but religiously aware), and terribly afraid of the Christian Right. They threaten to assassinate Hugo Chaves (sp?!). They MURDERED JOHN!!! crying And they tried to convert my entire PUBLIC SCHOOL 4th grade classroom by asigning a teacher who forced us to listen to stories about Christ and pray before we were dismissed from lunch. He gave me an F on my math paper because I had drawn a picture of Harry Potter in the bottom corner. We could have sued that school.....instead, I just walk out whenever a teacher decides that we would learn more from...THE VEGGIE TALES!! gonk :shudder:
Ahh, the 'war on Christmas'? I've heard a lot about that. Our school is religiously intolerent, and they give us candy canes that have messages about how they symbolize Christ the Savior. I'm personally revolted. I've gone through enough of this! Religion seldom does anyone ANY good if they become fundamentalist creeps.

Boo hoo to you.

5,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Casoa
Akureii
I understand how it's all different Holidays in the US, but it gets much when a WalMart worker gets fired for saying "Merry Christmas" and when Christmas Trees and Christmas Decorations are refered to as "Holiday Trees" and "Holiday Decorations". They are specifically CHRISTMAS so why should we change it that much? Ah well, we'll all be a better generation than our parents...I'm very sure. We'll just have to fix what they messed up.

I agree! I'm sick of these pricks who get offeneded because I celebrate my holiday and try to spread the JOY. I'm not trying to turn everyone christian, I'm just wishing them joy and good things to come etc. etc.

What's scary is that it's not only our parent's generation. I fear for the future.

Know what? I'm offended that some twats won't let me celebrate my religion and it's holiday. At my school, we decorated for Diwali (a pretty cool Indian holiday! I had a lot of fun learning about it!) and yet, they don't put the traditional christmas tree and Menorah up. And God forbid you mention Christmas because all the atheist pricks in the school go crazy. And yes, in my school, it is the atheist.

Go ahead and believe, or don't believe, in whatever you want, but let me celebrate my Christmas. And it really is the liberals. The FAR left liberals who, when I hear them argue their side of it, sound really illogical and just...stupid (excuse my lack of a better term).

I frankly don't care who celebrates what. And the atheists, or whoever, that get offended by Christmas trees and Menorahs are just plain idiots.

I just don't see how saying one thing or another is going to "get rid of", or "keep"Christmas. o__o
Casoa
deepxmagic

Boo hoo to you.

Are you being sarcastic?
If not, sorry. I'm naturally suspicious, as I am on the verge of being a schizotype.
((Note: TYPE, not PHRENIC.))

4,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
synisterstorms
extreme librals suck a** but then again so do extreme conservatives.
Here's something to ask your teach. Ask him if its true there is something going on about trying to get the christmas tree changed to be called a holiday tree. My mum said this but she can be dumb sometimes so i don't know if it's true. Oh and also would that be possible because it is a German tradition and I am not really sure if it actually originally had anything to do about christianity. I mean I don't think my Bible says anything about a sacred tree during christmas. I don't know maybe Jesus took his first pee on a tree or something, forever marking the tree as a sacred symbol of Christmas.

This just seems about as ridiculous as the whole freedom fries ordeal.

It has become a symbol of a Christmas tradition. Though originally pagan, things changed. It's a CHRISTMAS tree. It's put up during CHRISTMAS. Get over it.
Liberals are annoying. And smelly.

4,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
deepxmagic
Casoa
deepxmagic

Boo hoo to you.

Are you being sarcastic?
If not, sorry. I'm naturally suspicious, as I am on the verge of being a schizotype.
((Note: TYPE, not PHRENIC.))

Why yes, yes I was.
OH NO NOT CHRISTMAS! =O
Hazardous Orgasm
Liberals are annoying. And smelly.
Not all.
Jelloish
Casoa
Akureii

I frankly don't care who celebrates what. And the atheists, or whoever, that get offended by Christmas trees and Menorahs are just plain idiots.

I just don't see how saying one thing or another is going to "get rid of", or "keep"Christmas. o__o

I'm fine with Christmas tress and stuff and WHY THE HELL IS MY MOUSE DRIFTING AIMLESSLY ACROSS THE PAGE WITHOUT MY TOUCHING IT?!?!??! anyways I put up a tree every year, and celebrate Christmas! I'm only offended by the pictures of Christ and his cross and such, and/or captions that say "Jesus is your savior."

I saw a church sign this time last year that said "Parents are only babysitters for God" and nearly barfed. But it was their sign, I'm not about to interferre with their disgusting philosophy.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff