Welcome to Gaia! ::

America is ******** up. You're not allowedt oh ave little kids singing christmas songs now and s**t!

If we were in the middle east woman would be forced to do all sorts of stuff in their religion.

We shouldn't try to seperate state from religion, just be more damn tolerant of everything. DX
The whole reason for the holiday to even exist was because of Christ. Why call it something different? It's a good tradition.

(is agnostic)
LOLOLOLOLOL

They aren't allowed to say "Merry Christmas" cause not everybody celebrates Christmas.

----------

SOLAR CLOAK MINIQUEST COMPLETE.
THANK YOU TO MR. NOODLES TO DONATING THE CLOAK!
xDDD
why cant the holidays be unified into a compleatly secular event i mean most aithiests celebrate christmas why would anyone care realy

i just hate this holiday season ^__^

5,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Avani
People say Merry Christmas to me all the time. I don't care, I'm not Christian. I celebrate commercial Christmas. If they want to spread their commercialized religious to me, no problem, I just want presents.

I am a very poor Buddhist.
xd heart
Robyn_Eristh
I'll admit, I'm polytheistic and a liberal. But seriously, there's too much emphasis on 'political correctness' from the extreme liberals lately. I mean, if you can't say Merry Christmas to someone in a store, there's some seriously bad things going on in our world. Christmas is a holiday practised all over the world, even in *gasp* countries that aren't predominantly Christian! *smacks idiots* Get over it and have a Merry Christmas already.

Agreed. 3nodding

In Canadia I haven't stumbled across any political correctness bullshit yet, so its all good. ^^
Well you notes it's only people in there 40's so i say we give them more suff for Xmas and be done with it.

Devoted Prophet

7,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Brandisher 100
I'm not Christian but I still celerbrate Christmas. Mainly just because I have since I was a kid.

As for the whole....liberal thing, I don't think it really matters. It's not like they're ever going to ban Christmas in the first place.
MoonWizard
If i could vote I'd vote green or NDP. They rock! they like Christmas!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Libertarian plz. <3
I'm going to say Merry Christmas in stores anyways...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it Jefferson who said "If you find an unjust law, break it"?
actually i tend to lean liberal and i'm Jewish but me Mom is Christan and so are most of my friends and i say whatever. yay Chistmas i mean it's an important holiday for you guys so whatever man it's Christmas break and it's a Chistmas tree so whatever.
fun fact: Hanukkah (many differnt spellings are right ^_^ ) isn't a very important holiday and since the Jewish year is different than the regular secular (non religious) year Hanukkah is moving each year and it's getting later each year so this year it's after Christmas and eventually it'll be in like July xD...............................................i just find that funny ^^;;

5,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Renko Lee
It's not that they're getting rid of Christmas.. silly conservatives. It's just trying to be all-inclusive, since not everybody celebrates Christmas. That's why I say "happy holidays" unless I know which holidays, exactly, that person will be celebrating. And technically, it is an okay thing to say, even to those that celebrate Christmas, since the holiday season also includes New Years. One hoilday + another holiday = holidays. Hence, Happy Holidays.

And if they called it Christmas Break, that would be misleading. Since, Jewish, Muslim, Pagan, Atheist, Buddhist, etc. children also get time off. And the break is not just for Christmas. It includes Hanukkah, Kwanza, New Years, Yule, and whatever else there is. Like Festivus. wink And it occurs in the winter season. I believe it's aptly named.

Exactly <333

That's how I think too. XD

I wanted to raise my hand and say "But what if I don't celebrate Christmas, and we had Christmas break. Do I not get to go home? sad "

And no one is looking out to get rid of Christmas for Christ's sake ( rofl ). They just want to make everyone's religion known. Not everyone's a Christian biggrin
******** political correctness. I just say "Merry Christmas."

Dicks.

5,900 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
adamgnome
America is ******** up. You're not allowedt oh ave little kids singing christmas songs now and s**t!

If we were in the middle east woman would be forced to do all sorts of stuff in their religion.

We shouldn't try to seperate state from religion, just be more damn tolerant of everything. DX

We're allowed to do whatever the hell we want. XD

I can go sing a Christmas carol, I doubt anyone would have anything against it.

Sans the chick who posted on the first page. xd
I understand how it's all different Holidays in the US, but it gets much when a WalMart worker gets fired for saying "Merry Christmas" and when Christmas Trees and Christmas Decorations are refered to as "Holiday Trees" and "Holiday Decorations". They are specifically CHRISTMAS so why should we change it that much? Ah well, we'll all be a better generation than our parents...I'm very sure. We'll just have to fix what they messed up.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff