Welcome to Gaia! ::

invasora's Fav

Monster Streaker

I think it's more of recognizing other holidays that are around the same time as Christmas. There's like four or five of them, but no "Oh poor major holiday getting picked on because it's the only one recognized."

It's so stupid, Christmas traditions have absolutely nothing to do with the religious part. There's two days of it, let the religious freaks celebrate that part on either day and leave the rest of it alone. Easter too, bunnies and eggs... sounds like a fertility/spring celebration anyway.
Casoa
deepxmagic
Casoa
deepxmagic
I'm liberal, athiest (but religiously aware), and terribly afraid of the Christian Right. They threaten to assassinate Hugo Chaves (sp?!). They MURDERED JOHN!!! crying And they tried to convert my entire PUBLIC SCHOOL 4th grade classroom by asigning a teacher who forced us to listen to stories about Christ and pray before we were dismissed from lunch. He gave me an F on my math paper because I had drawn a picture of Harry Potter in the bottom corner. We could have sued that school.....instead, I just walk out whenever a teacher decides that we would learn more from...THE VEGGIE TALES!! gonk :shudder:
Ahh, the 'war on Christmas'? I've heard a lot about that. Our school is religiously intolerent, and they give us candy canes that have messages about how they symbolize Christ the Savior. I'm personally revolted. I've gone through enough of this! Religion seldom does anyone ANY good if they become fundamentalist creeps.

Boo hoo to you.

Are you being sarcastic?
If not, sorry. I'm naturally suspicious, as I am on the verge of being a schizotype.
((Note: TYPE, not PHRENIC.))

Why yes, yes I was.

How nice. You should learn to use it effectively.
Casoa
synisterstorms
extreme librals suck a** but then again so do extreme conservatives.
Here's something to ask your teach. Ask him if its true there is something going on about trying to get the christmas tree changed to be called a holiday tree. My mum said this but she can be dumb sometimes so i don't know if it's true. Oh and also would that be possible because it is a German tradition and I am not really sure if it actually originally had anything to do about christianity. I mean I don't think my Bible says anything about a sacred tree during christmas. I don't know maybe Jesus took his first pee on a tree or something, forever marking the tree as a sacred symbol of Christmas.

This just seems about as ridiculous as the whole freedom fries ordeal.

It has become a symbol of a Christmas tradition. Though originally pagan, things changed. It's a CHRISTMAS tree. It's put up during CHRISTMAS. Get over it.

Darlin you're confusing me. I'm just saying it doesn't actually have anything to do with Christianity. It is about as religious as Santa and his deer.

Edit: Sincerest apologies I definitely had my history of the Christmas tree confused. sweatdrop I see where you coming from but then again if it really is this great symbol of Christianity and Christmas why don't they just get rid of the entire tradition and not just the name?
Personally, I think that a watering down of religion is something that America needs.

Religions like Christianity in particular. They put belief above knowledge. The blood of the martyr is more important than the ink of scholars, to them.

And that's BAAAAAAAAD.
synisterstorms
Casoa
synisterstorms
Here's something to ask your teach. Ask him if its true there is something going on about trying to get the christmas tree changed to be called a holiday tree. My mum said this but she can be dumb sometimes so i don't know if it's true. Oh and also would that be possible because it is a German tradition and I am not really sure if it actually originally had anything to do about christianity. I mean I don't think my Bible says anything about a sacred tree during christmas. I don't know maybe Jesus took his first pee on a tree or something, forever marking the tree as a sacred symbol of Christmas.

It has become a symbol of a Christmas tradition. Though originally pagan, things changed. It's a CHRISTMAS tree. It's put up during CHRISTMAS. Get over it.

Darlin you're confusing me. I'm just saying it doesn't actually have anything to do with Christianity. It is about as religious as Santa and his deer.

To the last part: tee hee.

4,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PhenixFallen
I think it's more of recognizing other holidays that are around the same time as Christmas. There's like four or five of them, but no "Oh poor major holiday getting picked on because it's the only one recognized."

It's so stupid, Christmas traditions have absolutely nothing to do with the religious part. There's two days of it, let the religious freaks celebrate that part on either day and leave the rest of it alone. Easter too, bunnies and eggs... sounds like a fertility/spring celebration anyway.

You see, now that comment about easter just offended me. To people who celebrate the holiday for what it is, it is actually a very important time for Christians. The eggs and bunnies are just a fun part of it so families can spend time together and enjoy themselves. The same goes for christmas. I take my religion seriously in the sense that I try not to forget what they are about. And yeah, Christmas is so TERRIBLE because...my oh my! Thinking about OTHER people and helping charities and being a little nicer...yeah such a HORRIBLE holiday that it deserves this bullshit. rolleyes

4,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
deepxmagic
Casoa
deepxmagic
Casoa
deepxmagic
I'm liberal, athiest (but religiously aware), and terribly afraid of the Christian Right. They threaten to assassinate Hugo Chaves (sp?!). They MURDERED JOHN!!! crying And they tried to convert my entire PUBLIC SCHOOL 4th grade classroom by asigning a teacher who forced us to listen to stories about Christ and pray before we were dismissed from lunch. He gave me an F on my math paper because I had drawn a picture of Harry Potter in the bottom corner. We could have sued that school.....instead, I just walk out whenever a teacher decides that we would learn more from...THE VEGGIE TALES!! gonk :shudder:
Ahh, the 'war on Christmas'? I've heard a lot about that. Our school is religiously intolerent, and they give us candy canes that have messages about how they symbolize Christ the Savior. I'm personally revolted. I've gone through enough of this! Religion seldom does anyone ANY good if they become fundamentalist creeps.

Boo hoo to you.

Are you being sarcastic?
If not, sorry. I'm naturally suspicious, as I am on the verge of being a schizotype.
((Note: TYPE, not PHRENIC.))

Why yes, yes I was.

How nice. You should learn to use it effectively.

I wasn't really going for effect in the first place. Just because you didn't pick up on it right away, doesn't mean it wasn't used wink

4,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
synisterstorms
Casoa
synisterstorms

Edit: Sincerest apologies I definitely had my history of the Christmas tree confused. sweatdrop I see where you coming from but then again if it really is this great symbol of Christianity and Christmas why don't they just get rid of the entire tradition and not just the name?

It's because non-christians also put up trees to celebrate. Also, santa was based off of a real man who decided to devote his life to God. He inherited all this money from his parents when they died. He decided to use it to make the lives of others better. Santa is about giving. That's how I see it anyway.

4,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Dressed Up 200
http://foamy.libertech.net/noxmas.swf

I'm not a huge fan of foamy. Actually Foamy fans annoy the crap out of me, but I thought this one was good. smile
Thank god I live in Canada.

Original Noob

10,000 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I agree with liberals on a couple of things, but politically correctness is the stupidest ******** thing ever. How could you get rid of Christmas? I'm faar from religious but Christmas is still a tradition I love. To get offended by the one time of the year thats about peace and happiness and most importantly love just because its not centered around you're religion (or lack thereof) is disgusting.

I'm a cashier and I rang someone up the other day and as they were leaving they said to me "I know i'm not supposed to say this but, Merry Christmas!!" How sad is that? That they have to be afraid to use a phrase thats of good intention. stare
booo liberal yay NDP
i think asian people eat chinese on Christmas o__o
Casoa
http://foamy.libertech.net/noxmas.swf

I'm not a huge fan of foamy. Actually Foamy fans annoy the crap out of me, but I thought this one was good. smile

Foamy rocks

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces